cant switch sides on iokath

cmndp

One of my Republic Iokath characters is stuck as Imp aligned, then I started Iokath story on another. Something came up mid story and I had to leave Iokath. Upon returning, the system loaded my character, a Republic aligned Vanguard into the IMPERIAL base. Whereupon I was immediately set upon by many elites and a walker. Luckily when I rezzed at the medical center it was republic.

After the Tuesday reset I was finally able to switch factions.

I'm not even gonna try to switch back before Monday because I might get stuck there again.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the terminal today to see if it offered me the option to switch and it did not.

The only Iokath quest in my log is the weekly and it doesn't seem right that this one should keep me from switching since it's nothing but a generic 'do 10 daily quests' quest.

In fact, I would think the only things that should actually keep you from switching are the ones that are specifically tagged for either Imp or Rep.

EDIT: No, on second thought, even that shouldn't stop you from actually switching... you just wouldn't be able to complete them until you switched back.

They'd just be stuck in your quest log and you could save them for later or abandon them.

Edited by Rankyn

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I have some information about not only the issue, but also when we are planning to get it fixed. Let's talk about current functionality:

• If you have an Iokath Daily or Weekly Mission in your log you will be unable to change Factions.
  • If you have completed a Daily Mission on Iokath, you will be unable to change Factions for the remainder of that day.
  • **The Bug** If you complete a Weekly Mission on Iokath, you will be unable to change Factions for the remainder of that week.

That last bullet is a bug and is not intended. We are in process of getting this issue fixed for GU 5.2.1 which is coming next Tuesday, May 2nd.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

• If you have an Iokath Daily or Weekly Mission in your log you will be unable to change Factions.
  • **The Bug** If you complete a Weekly Mission on Iokath, you will be unable to change Factions for the remainder of that week.
So it's basically a damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation. :jawa_evil:

Hey folks!

I have some information about not only the issue, but also when we are planning to get it fixed. Let's talk about current functionality:

• If you have completed a Daily Mission on Iokath, you will be unable to change Factions for the remainder of that day.

That last bullet is a bug and is not intended. We are in process of getting this issue fixed for GU 5.2.1 which is coming next Tuesday, May 2nd.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So then, I guess that you are saying that we should not do the weekly if we want to group with our friends to do the new ops boss.

Personally, I have only done two missions for the weekly, and I am having a real hard time convincing myself to go back to Iokath do finish it. On the other hand, I don't want to abandon the mission because if I do decide to go back, I don't want to have to do any more missions than necessary to complete the weekly. So, because of that I will not be able to group with my friends to walk into the new operation.

I guess that it all boils down to the "Choices Matter™" thing where choices have consequences, and because I choose to play this game, I have to put up with consequences of the crappy choices that you give me.

Not sure what the confusion or issue is. Besides the bug that once it's fixed it will be working as designed. They said before release that once you pick a side and complete a mission you can't switch till the next day.

If this is preventing a guild from grouping up the guild should be communicating with each other. If the Op is planned for this Friday for example, it should be understood by any who are or may participate that they need to be on a specific side for that day or be able to switch when it's that time.

Not sure what the confusion or issue is. Besides the bug that once it's fixed it will be working as designed. They said before release that once you pick a side and complete a mission you can't switch till the next day.

If this is preventing a guild from grouping up the guild should be communicating with each other. If the Op is planned for this Friday for example, it should be understood by any who are or may participate that they need to be on a specific side for that day or be able to switch when it's that time.

The problem is:

"If you have an Iokath Daily or Weekly Mission in your log you will be unable to change Factions."

That means that anybody that has an unfinished weekly mission in their log will not be able to change factions that day unless they abandon the mission. They can't complete the mission, because by completing a mission they would also be prevented from changing factions. That may be the way that they intend for this to work, but because it works tais way some of us can't group with people that we want to to do the new op without abandoning the partially completed weekly quest, and that sucks.

As a matter of fact, we can't do the op at all because we cant do it with members of our own faction due to the Iokath grouping rules, and we can't do it with members of the opposing faction because of the operation grouping rules. I just think that in this case that "working as intended" is not working for me.

What's the issue then?

If you have an unfinished mission in your mission log, you cancel it and do the operation. Once you're done with the operation, you can simply pick up the daily again. And the daily can take two days to complete. If you know you'll be raiding tomorrow, you wait for accepting the dailies and weeklies until saturday. You have six days to complete a two day weekly. Even subtracting one raid day, you still have five days left for a two days weekly.

Hey folks!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks Eric, this helps A LOT!

While spacebaring the story i clicked to join Republic on my Merc and couldnt attend all the missions that were called as i see only imp general chat but i was rep aligned, will change that now :)

What's the issue then?

If you have an unfinished mission in your mission log, you cancel it and do the operation. Once you're done with the operation, you can simply pick up the daily again. And the daily can take two days to complete. If you know you'll be raiding tomorrow, you wait for accepting the dailies and weeklies until saturday. You have six days to complete a two day weekly. Even subtracting one raid day, you still have five days left for a two days weekly.

The issue right now, for me, is that I had to drop the one-time Tyth mission in order to switch factions and do the op with my guild. That is annoying as hell.

This whole faction-locking thing is just depressing as hell, and has made me not want to do Iokath at all. So, I just dropped all the dailies and a half-finished weekly, and intend to never set foot on Iokath outside of guild runs on Tyth again. Thanks, BioWare.

What's the issue then?

Maybe you think that I should just cancel my subscription too. Then I wouldn't have any problems left with the game. Well I'm sorry, but I don't quit over issues like this. I make it clear that I don't like their version of "working as intended™", and I do other things with the hope that one day they will pull their heads out of their posterior orifice and fix things so that they work as they should work even if it isn't how they currently intend them to work.

I had the same problem I think I found a solution. make sure you have fractured alliances mission , hit the reset button right next to abandon mission and then use console . Worked for me hope this helps

• 10 months later...

Has anything happened with this problem since last year?

I and my son play story-mode. We have limited time and have got through KoTFE recently, started Iokath - and promptly got stuck. Each time we tried to play, sooner or later the group broke and one or other of us appeared to be offline to the other, therefore could not group with the other. If we can't join a group, we cannot call one another into the instance.

We worked out that this is to do with the allegiance - Sith or Rep - so son tried to change his allegiance at the machine and now we can't group at all, even if standing right next to each other.

Also, yes, very disappoint that the end of the story is an OP. We don't do ops. We seem to be running out of story-type content and thinking of cancelling subs. :mad:

Edited by Scybil
add title, correct spelling