Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Increased Command chest drop rate - a joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Increased Command chest drop rate - a joke

Master_Morak's Avatar


Master_Morak
06.16.2019 , 11:30 AM | #1
With the last patch the chance of drops from the command chest should be increased, but this is a bad joke.

Due to the double XP-week and conquest activities I earned 1.000 chest:
ca, 150 Level 2 chest
ca. 500 Level 3 chests
ca. 500 Level 4 chests (some of them stored a longer time)

What I got was 1 Crystal from a Level 4 chest and 1 artifact chest from a level 3 chest.

So if that means "increased drop chance" I would say its more a rotting carrot thanan incentive to Play.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

Sareeph's Avatar


Sareeph
06.16.2019 , 11:43 AM | #2
From the start of Ossus until the start of the double xp/cxp I had received 0 252 boxes from Command Crates. Since the start of the doubles, I have received 3 252's on 3 different toons. The rate may not be at Ludicrous Speed but it has increased from my experience.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
06.16.2019 , 11:48 AM | #3
Here's question that probably only the devs can answer. Is the contents of the chest determined when you open them, or is it already determined when you get it. So, in other words, would new content or increased chance have any affect on old chests?
Also, of course, obviously, a 0.02% chance is higher than a 0.01% chance - but still very small.
________________________________________________
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Sareeph's Avatar


Sareeph
06.16.2019 , 12:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Here's question that probably only the devs can answer. Is the contents of the chest determined when you open them, or is it already determined when you get it. So, in other words, would new content or increased chance have any affect on old chests?
Also, of course, obviously, a 0.02% chance is higher than a 0.01% chance - but still very small.
Not sure where you are getting your statistics but getting zero for months to getting 3 in a week does not seem to be a .01% chance increase to me. I'm sure some would say I could have gone from terrible rng to absurdly lucky rng but I do not believe so.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
06.16.2019 , 12:09 PM | #5
DISCLAIMER: The figures .02% and .01% were (I would think, obviously) just to illustrate one figure being larger than the other. They do not reflect any real percentages. The author is not privy to any inside information about drop rates.

BTW - since they said they increased the drop rate, I've gotten 2 (or 3) Artifact crates from Command crates**. Neither one was of benefit because, by now, I already have full 252 sets on both my main characters. But it is an indication that the drop rate has indeed increased. (They were both armor pieces though, so I could transfer the mods to some alt.)

** Not sure how many crates, but somewhere around 20.
________________________________________________
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

denavin's Avatar


denavin
06.16.2019 , 01:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Also, of course, obviously, a 0.02% chance is higher than a 0.01% chance - but still very small.
Agreed...

A 100% increase of NOTHING is still NOTHING.....

Or
0 + 0 = 0
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Mankall's Avatar


Mankall
06.16.2019 , 01:39 PM | #7
I got 1 252-crate out of 24 command crates. It had an implant, I could really use. But to be honest, I haven't really used the curent double-xp week.

Sareeph's Avatar


Sareeph
06.16.2019 , 01:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
DISCLAIMER: The figures .02% and .01% were (I would think, obviously) just to illustrate one figure being larger than the other. They do not reflect any real percentages. The author is not privy to any inside information about drop rates.

BTW - since they said they increased the drop rate, I've gotten 2 (or 3) Artifact crates from Command crates**. Neither one was of benefit because, by now, I already have full 252 sets on both my main characters. But it is an indication that the drop rate has indeed increased. (They were both armor pieces though, so I could transfer the mods to some alt.)

** Not sure how many crates, but somewhere around 20.
Of course it was but it also seemed to be intended to state that the increase was negligible which I think is misleading. As the post below would demonstrate, people like to exaggerate to push a point of view.

Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
Agreed...

A 100% increase of NOTHING is still NOTHING.....

Or
0 + 0 = 0
PS I have now received my fourth this week as well as 2 Master Shards. Definitely a substantial increase from what I was receiving before.

Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
06.16.2019 , 01:49 PM | #9
I've opened 130 boxes since the last patch. I received 3x 252 equipment + 1x crystal. Better than before, where I opened 3500 boxes and came out 0.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
06.16.2019 , 01:56 PM | #10
You're not going to like this. On one character I opened ~20 command crates and got three 252 artifact boxes. The drop rate is random. It sucks, sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you get nothing. That's the nature of randomness and fortunately that is changing, to an extent, in September.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj