Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Abuse of the Kick Option in Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Abuse of the Kick Option in Flashpoints

DarthEnrique
06.16.2019 , 08:19 AM | #1
I am sure I am going to get opposition on this and people saying I am complaining but I have a legit reason for saying something because there have been a few incidents where the reasons given were anti-Semetic and homophobic. Or people just having no reason to kick someone. Eg. I was kicked from Cadenimu one time for doing what a majority of the player base does and that’s skip the mobs after the second boss and the reasonings put into the kick reasons were a**hole and b****. Another time I was kicked and the person put the reason as “Jew”. There was an incident where I was kicked for just saying the person was pulling everything and then there was an incident in Directive 7 where another player got kicked for being afk and the person who initiated the kick instead of putting afk put “Gay” as the reason and as an LGBT+ in real life I found this to be quite offensive.

I am sure there are some people who will call me a whiner and what not but a person can take so much of seeing such abusive use of the kick option in flashpoints, especially the homophobic and anti-Semitic reasons given. And if you can make exceptions for one form of abusive behavior you may as well make exceptions for all and I personally don’t work like that. So this is to Bioware: Please do something about this abusive toxic behavior where people are abusing the kick option in flashpoints in such a way, even if it means getting rid of the option all together, I know it sucks to pubish all for a few but if people can’t be responsible and use the option as it is intended then so be it. I for one found the homophobic and anti-Semitic reasons to be the final straw for me, which is why I am saying something.

Add on: I would like to add that in the rules of conduct it clearly states:
Quote:
Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another player that is unwanted. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated. (See also “Harassment Policy” below.)
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

aerockyul
06.16.2019 , 12:52 PM | #2
I'm just glad that the ignore function actually works in flashpoints, unlike PvP (ironic because the most toxic people are in PvP, not flashpoints).
Just report them and ignore and you'll never be grouped with them again.

You probably already know that, Op, I'm just posting it for anyone newish who doesn't know what they can do in these situations. Reporting is important because Bioware isn't going to act on anything without it, and whether they do or don't, you can make sure that person or persons never cross your path again (unless you and they also PvP, but then at least they'll be muted even if the game still puts them into your matches).
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Ecksi
Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!
There's a difference between constructive criticism and hostility because you didn't get your way

Benirons
06.16.2019 , 01:36 PM | #3
Dang, im sorry ho hear of these hostile vote kick reasons. That is sadly disgusting tbh, but not entirely surprising for an MMO where one can say anything they want with little consequence. Trolls will be trolls, red necks will be red necks, nothing we can do about that sadly.

The best solution is honestly putting ppl on ignore. Removing the vote kick option is a bad idea because then u will not have a tool available to get rid of ppl like that, or just absolute baddies who make it impossible to complete the content.

It is a strong asset to have a thick skin in an MMO and not be upset by mere words only. Just ignore, kick them in return if theirs fails. I wish u better group mates in the future!

KoriVash
06.16.2019 , 03:30 PM | #4
Fully agree with you OP, which is why I no longer do group play except the WB's on Ossuss but then only once per character.
Which is why I found Dantoonie so disappointing, required what is it 5-6 heroics which most need groups to do?. Well went there and then left and won't be returning. So yet more stuff in game to boycott. At lest for these past two weeks conquest could be done without needing the in-game event rotation conquest points. So not all bad news. However hard to see why BW are putting so much out so solo unfriendly while at the same time having a thread about play your way.

Still I dare say some will be happy. Not going to get me to do group play even for the companion which I did want. Not at that price tho BW.

Atma
06.16.2019 , 05:02 PM | #5
Report and ignore them OP. Nothing else you can do. Unfortunately this sort of thing just comes with the territory of online games.

Quote: Originally Posted by KoriVash View Post
Fully agree with you OP, which is why I no longer do group play except the WB's on Ossuss but then only once per character.
Which is why I found Dantoonie so disappointing, required what is it 5-6 heroics which most need groups to do?. Well went there and then left and won't be returning. So yet more stuff in game to boycott. At lest for these past two weeks conquest could be done without needing the in-game event rotation conquest points. So not all bad news. However hard to see why BW are putting so much out so solo unfriendly while at the same time having a thread about play your way.

Still I dare say some will be happy. Not going to get me to do group play even for the companion which I did want. Not at that price tho BW.
It's an MMO. Play a single player game if you wanna solo every piece of content in the game.

annabethchase
06.16.2019 , 05:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Atma View Post
It's an MMO. Play a single player game if you wanna solo every piece of content in the game.
Please point me to the Star Wars themed single player RPG with new content every month or two and I'll give it a try. Even something like Galaxy of Heroes requires the right guild and teamwork to advance.

For the original poster - I don't see that the kick option itself was abused. 2 out of 3 people choose to vote you out of the flashpoint. It's a simple democratic vote method that is a pretty common method of settling disputes.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Atma
06.16.2019 , 05:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Please point me to the Star Wars themed single player RPG with new content every month or two and I'll give it a try. Even something like Galaxy of Heroes requires the right guild and teamwork to advance.
Did you just miss my point or..?

KoriVash
06.16.2019 , 06:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Atma View Post
Did you just miss my point or..?
No but you certainly don't understand this game at all. It is advertised by BW as a group and "SOLO FREINDLY" open world game. There is absolutely no where in any post by BW that this MMO that you must group. So really it is you who do not understand the concept of this or probably any online game. As so many players who play this game you only see and read what you want to believe, anything else you just dismiss because you want to. However that still make you wrong. Unless you can quote any post where BW says otherwise, which is still relevant for todays SWTOR game. So this a solo MMO game, you not wanting it so does not change that as a fact.

MandFlurry
06.16.2019 , 06:38 PM | #9
Thing is, whether, ur a gay, or Jew doesn't matter, because they just make up ****, just offend you, or i. I'm not gay, but some real *** holes will put that as a reason for being kicked. They don't care who any one is, so long as they can kick you.

It's just the way life is with idiots, they won't change because they are idiots, and can't be reasoned with. I would just hope i don't see those idiots irl, or in-game again. Chances are that my characters would be the ones that get them through a flash point. So, i'm glad i won't have to help them again.

I remember a few times where some toxic players were being abusive to me, and stopped helping them, and let them die, rightfully so. That was my way of getting revenge. Letting them know that they were the idiots not me.

Nothing we can do. The deadliest weapon Is ones Tongue, or in this case their text. We just have to move on in life.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

MikeCobalt
06.16.2019 , 07:02 PM | #10
That is bad really. Unfortunately combining the internet, some of the activities in SWTOR, B.W.'s relatively weak reaction to the ***hats in this game it just seems to attract that kind. Find friends and try to stick with them, Guild. A lot of solo players here which works fine for most, its a story based game after all. There's a lot of good players here, they just seem hard to find because the toxins make such a big (bad) impression. Report them for what they did, ignore them and go on for the next..... for what good that's gonna do.