Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why not on E3?

Collec
06.16.2019 , 06:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
This game doesn't exist in the online world.. it's like an indie MMO...

As to why it wasn't here ? Probably because EA wants to maximize the profits from their upcoming single player Star Wars game....
Yeah but that is single player. One time purchase. Hype hype hype ,games comes out and it dies out. They not gonna put out something in next six omnths or even a year probably after it releases.

I haven't even mention best part of SW:TOR..strongholds. This game is loaded with content. What do people want in Anthem...CONTENT...what is it lacking CONTENT. Ben Irving was at EA doing 2min interview/promo for Anthem....

SW:TOR has all of those. Again game has it's ups and downs,but content wise for new players it's awsome. And it boggles my mind,how they don't get proper spot on STAR WARS CELEBRATION. The biggest event for all SW related stuff. And SW:TOR get some small cantina event in some pub or whereever they hold these events. Sure I get it,it's in name CANTINA...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

Jesira
06.16.2019 , 08:45 AM | #12
Yeah but again, it is extremely expensive to get a spot at E3. It would probably cost them more than it would produce in returns. If EA or BW felt it would be beneficial to take Onslaught to E3, they would probably do it but honestly right now the game certainly seems like it is at a low point in subscribers and players in general due to the content drought having lasted so obscenely long, and it is almost a decade old so they know the audience they are targeting.

They will be able to do more targeted and therefore more effective marketing online leading up to the expansion, and I am sure many people will return to the game for that as they always have for previous expansions, while new people will join as they already seem to every day. However, we are probably going to have to come to accept the fact that this is an aging game, and probably is not the cash cow it once was, I hope I am wrong since I would love SW:TOR to go on forever and have big expansions with a lot of new story content like always as it is a very special game to me, and it probably will for a few years yet, but they are no doubt looking at what's next for this IP at this point, and if/when that is given the go ahead by EA, a huge amount of the resources will probably switch from this game to develop that game, which will probably be the next time you see SWTOR/KOTOR at E3.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

FlameYOL
06.16.2019 , 09:01 AM | #13
Because the game is old, its not new. EA will want all the hype on Fallen Order.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Collec
06.16.2019 , 02:07 PM | #14
Yes the game is "old", but as a result it has alot of content. Of course Jedi Fallen Order will get alot of hype. But after game comes out, people complete it and all the buzz will die after a month or 2.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

phalczen
06.16.2019 , 02:25 PM | #15
E3 is all about new and shiny. Great depth of content and expansion plans notwithstanding, the game is still DirectX 9. It would never be new and shiny enough for E3.

But SDCC is a whole different story. Thatís a good time to make a push. Blur trailers are clearly expensive, but I would view the premiere of one during the cantina event as a very good sign of top level support of the game. I wonít fault them at all if there is not a trailer, but imagine if there was! If thereís enough story material in 6.0 to warrant a Blur trailer, plus all the other group content promised, 6.0 will have a lot for everyone.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Lenlo
06.16.2019 , 02:30 PM | #16
Because there's simply no money in promoting a game that's almost on maintenance mode at this point. It's obvious to just about anyone who looks that the amount of content offered in SWTOR is shockingly low considering it has been out since around 2011. Even younger MMOs like ESO have more than SWTOR. This game is the red headed step child that EA would prefer swept under the rug lest their stocks take another dive. It would just be a reminder to Gamers just how ****** they are; that they didn't really stick with the game after the initial population die off beyond funneling resources into micro transactions and lootboxes. As in, probably the future model for those suckers who still play Anthem.

Besides, I don't think Disney wants SWTOR in the limelight either since it's from before they destr-... I mean acquired Star Wars and took it in a new and solely downward direction.
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug
Our brains can't withstand mangled english of that magnitude!

Collec
06.17.2019 , 01:50 AM | #17
New trailer would be cool, but is it worth it? I meant more promo for what they got in game now and what you can do. Again every new game that comes out, people cry out for more content. And that takes time to make. Sure BW isn't droping out content like FF XIV does, but they don't have to. I would love it,if this game was BW's #1 priority, but it gets pushed too many times on side, because it has STAR WARS ip and that keeps people around even through dry months(more than 6) on end of no communication or content.

Delani
06.17.2019 , 12:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Collec View Post
New trailer would be cool, but is it worth it? I meant more promo for what they got in game now and what you can do. Again every new game that comes out, people cry out for more content. And that takes time to make. Sure BW isn't droping out content like FF XIV does, but they don't have to. I would love it,if this game was BW's #1 priority, but it gets pushed too many times on side, because it has STAR WARS ip and that keeps people around even through dry months(more than 6) on end of no communication or content.
The star wars IP is why it should be number one and its also why ive been more active on the forums lately. This game needs to feel like a universe and it doesnt. They should only promote it if its getting a HUGE update and 6.0 is not going to be a huge update. Huge meaing content in all aspects of the game, new class, new speicies (more than one), more warzones, space exploration, actual use of ships and guildhsips (fly around in space), story, op, flashpoints, lots of armor, more in-depth crafting, the list goes on..

Atma
06.17.2019 , 12:41 PM | #19
It's a niche MMO going on 8 years. It has no place at E3.

Collec
06.17.2019 , 03:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
The star wars IP is why it should be number one and its also why ive been more active on the forums lately. This game needs to feel like a universe and it doesnt. They should only promote it if its getting a HUGE update and 6.0 is not going to be a huge update. Huge meaing content in all aspects of the game, new class, new speicies (more than one), more warzones, space exploration, actual use of ships and guildhsips (fly around in space), story, op, flashpoints, lots of armor, more in-depth crafting, the list goes on..
It don't work like that. You want it all and you want it now. And even if by some miracle,you'd get all that, you wouldn't be happy and same goes for the rest. New class...people would **** all over it....new wz...people would **** all over it....and whatever 6.0 will bring, people will **** all over that as well.

This is now years ago,but I remember them talking at one point,when they were designing game,that they had talk, how they should handle space thing. Should it be insta like it is now or should it take you X amount of minutes/hours to get to your destination /planet.

And honestly "flying in space" is overrated. Because there would be NOTHING to do. It would only take you time. It'll never happen in this game,but I would like if they have flying as part of combat. So you fight on ground and then can take a ship and fight in air. I could see this happen in Battlefront games, certanily not here.