Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

Balameb
06.13.2019 , 09:49 AM | #21
CMTs were just too expensive. I don't see anything bad about its price being reduced.

Its price was just too high at 2M+. When Ossus started price was 1.5M or sometimes less (I'm in SF). It started to go UP more after Geonossian Queen that made possible to craft 258 mainhand/offhand as the rare mat required cost was 1/3 or even 1/4 than the others only available in GotM. Problem was, the horrendus ammount of CMTs needed. So it was a bad dessision to make this mat be required so much when it is too rare making its price bump a lot. Now the way i see it is that this indirect effect of a conquest change is helping get prices of CMTs back on track.

Also, the price started reducing a little even before Dantooine because as 6.0 gets close, so does new mats and CMTs may very well have no or little use by then.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

MorseGod
06.13.2019 , 10:04 AM | #22
Let me see if I understand this complaint correctly...

Ranked PvPers, the most toxic people in the game, were always complaining about mat farmers in their precious elite PvP matches.

Mat farmers now have another reasonably convenient avenue to get the mats they want, so they've cut back on wading through the toxic sludge of ranked PvP.

Ranked PvPers are now upset that the matches don't pop.

Does that cover it?

Seems to me that ranked PvPers want to have it both ways. They want mat farmers to make their queue times shorter, but they don't want mat farmers in the matches.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

MacCleoud
06.13.2019 , 10:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Let me see if I understand this complaint correctly...

Ranked PvPers, the most toxic people in the game, were always complaining about mat farmers in their precious elite PvP matches.

Mat farmers now have another reasonably convenient avenue to get the mats they want, so they've cut back on wading through the toxic sludge of ranked PvP.

Ranked PvPers are now upset that the matches don't pop.

Does that cover it?

Seems to me that ranked PvPers want to have it both ways. They want mat farmers to make their queue times shorter, but they don't want mat farmers in the matches.
You forgot that they also want to reap the benefits of the overpriced mats. But yes....that pretty much sums it up.

JattaGin
06.13.2019 , 03:44 PM | #24
I just put a CMT on the GTN. The price is higher than what I got for one piece in April (the last time I bothered with selling my CMTs).

Not sure what the price was in May, but from my point of view, a CMT is currently worth more than it was before. I used to regularly sell them for quite a while. The price I just listed it for is one of the highest during all this time.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

TrixxieTriss
06.13.2019 , 04:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
The Charged Matter Transubstantiators drop from command crates on a pretty regular basis. In other words, people who "just wanted to play the game" had a steady income from whatever prefered playstyle they had.

The going price on the GTN for CMT before all this was 1.9 to 2 million, and the price reached a low last night of 1.3, and is now steading out at 1.5 as I write this.

I don't really care if mat hoarders/ billionaire crafters were hurt by this, but casual players, playing the game for fun, got the shaft on this one. Bioware staff, or any mmo staff really, should have a dev with a strong background in economics, to which all decisions go through, that way the consequences are actually understood before they're implemented.
You must not be on Star Forge because they are 2 mil

TrixxieTriss
06.13.2019 , 04:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
I didn't even know that stuff was worth that much i always NPC it.
OMG, please feel free to sell them to me. I’ll even give you double what the NPCs give you

BRKMSN
06.13.2019 , 04:56 PM | #27
First of all, there is no exploit.

Secondly, Players always have to be able to adapt in an MMO such as this. Changes are normal. There's always an opportunity to make credits in the game. You just can't be set in your ways.

Finally, what most people are overlooking is that not only is this a generous conquest with plenty of easy ways to make points, but the XP / CXP to conquest point change is giving double what would be the normal output due to the double XP event at the same time (this week). So smaller guilds have a conquest to look forward to where they can opt for the medium and even large yield planets for a change. Personally, I think it's a good thing.

Bonus thought: Most of this (current gearing) probably won't matter when 6.0 arrives. So what is desirable now will likely be obsolete at the end of this year.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

DarkTergon
06.13.2019 , 05:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
OMG, please feel free to sell them to me. I’ll even give you double what the NPCs give you
lol, Gotta love a go getter..
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

KendraP
06.13.2019 , 05:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You must not be on Star Forge because they are 2 mil
It varies substantially throughout the day it seems. I looked around 8 PM PDT yesterday and they were about 1.5 mill.

TrixxieTriss
06.13.2019 , 06:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
It varies substantially throughout the day it seems. I looked around 8 PM PDT yesterday and they were about 1.5 mill.
I did notice a big increase in the amount of 236 Augments being offered and prices are dropping significantly below costs to buy the mats. I got two 236 crit ones for 1.5 mil last night.
I won’t be using them, so I’ll just wait till the price goes back up and sell them