Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does BW Intentionally Break Game During Double XP Week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does BW Intentionally Break Game During Double XP Week?

TrixxieTriss
06.15.2019 , 10:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
They have repeatedly stated in livestreams when they address the "extend the double XP/CXP events" question that the code does not work that way. They can't just extend it the way you guys suggest they should. Every single time this comes up, people act like they are being obtuse by not extending the event when they have repeatedly said that they straight up cannot do that because the code base for this game doesn't work that way.

Now what they could to is to plan these double XP/CXP events when there are NOT patches with code changes or system changes and the accompanying bugs. They could also run the events more often so that people don't feel like they missed out on them as often if a few days aren't 100% available. In my experience, they offer these events often enough that it really shouldn't matter so much... but that's just my opinion and I don't speak for anybody but me.

But I think we can all agree that the title of this thread is silly. Of course they don't break their game intentionally.

Agreed.

Goreshaga
06.16.2019 , 04:45 PM | #22
Hm, had no lag problem except at the entrance of 1 building on Black Hole, or when my sister was using our connexion too (but this is always the case, not just during double xp).

Though, what i don't get is : Why don't they plan double xp/cxp a week or 2 before a big patch instead of after ?
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

TrixxieTriss
06.16.2019 , 05:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Though, what i don't get is : Why don't they plan double xp/cxp a week or 2 before a big patch instead of after ?
Or even have it 2 weeks after the new changes to allow for problems to be fixed first.

annabethchase
06.16.2019 , 05:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Or even have it 2 weeks after the new changes to allow for problems to be fixed first.
This was the 2nd week of the patch cycle. If they wanted to move it back to the 3rd week of the patch cycle, it wouldn't have fallen on the Pirate Invasion event at all.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

TrixxieTriss
06.16.2019 , 05:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
This was the 2nd week of the patch cycle. If they wanted to move it back to the 3rd week of the patch cycle, it wouldn't have fallen on the Pirate Invasion event at all.
Yes, that’s sort of what I meant. I didn’t mean the actual second week. I meant two or even three weeks between it being released and the start of the double XP.
I feel they need at least full two weeks to sort out problems before they offer double XP. Or another option could be a “beta test” double XP event that is offered and people know that’s exactly what it is. Then they offer normal double XP event a month later after all the bugs have been smoothed out.