Is there a "run and gun" BH spec?

AJediKnight

I have an Arsenal Merc at level 20ish, and I've been pretty disappointed with its overall mobility thus far - a significant number of abilities seem to be on long cast times, and the rotation doesn't feel all that slick to me (yes, I know, it's very early to be evaluating rotation).

My question is: is there a "run and gun" style mid-range BH? I am perfectly fine with rerolling to PT if necessary, but I want to figure this out now, and not in 20 levels.

Thanks.

Is arsenal the most mobile of all the BH specs (across both classes)?

Powertechs are intended to be basically in melee range. I've played all three specs and aside from their Aoe channel they are mostly instant casts, so that makes them sort of mobile, but being melee restricted by definition limits mobility.

The only dps disciplines for Mercenary are Arsenal and Innovative Ordnance (IO), since Bodyguard is a heal spec. I've actually never played IO, so I can't comment on the ratio of instant abilities to casted/channeled abilities there, but Arensal is pretty mobile.

Is arsenal the most mobile of all the BH specs (across both classes)?

Arsenal is turret mode. Nearly all abilities you have to stay still to channel, and the ones that don't require a channeled one prior to proc them. It's the least mobile. PT has speed boosts, leaps and pulls. You move from target to target or bring them to you. There is no mid-range spec.

Edited by kodrac

Hmm... but you can run and gun on an arsenal. You have to take the talent that lets you cast unload on the move.

As far as ranged classes go, this game is limited. It's either Mercenary/commando or Sorc/Sage.

The only other option is see for you is Operative/scoundrel. Theres one spec wich is DoT spec, it has mobility and the main nuke is shooting an instant gun (but the main damage is from the poisons/bleeds). Scoundrel has a big gun theme on their animations. In the concealment spec, agent is more stabby stabby and scoundrel is more gun to the face and punches.

Yes, you do have PT/VG, but they are melee and have worse survivability, so you have been warned. Also, it's not run and gun as it's burn/zap to a crisp.

I'd recomend giving lethality operative a go. It's the closest i can think of what you want.

Powertech might do it for you aswell. Though the concept of gun and run would work better with a vanguard. With the PT you will be doing more burning.

Edited by Nemmar

Arsenal is turret mode. Nearly all abilities you have to stay still to channel, and the ones that don't require a channeled one prior to proc them. It's the least mobile. PT has speed boosts, leaps and pulls. You move from target to target or bring them to you. There is no mid-range spec.

Arsenal is very mobile at higher levels: You are free to move for 12 seconds of your 15 second rotation once you get the 'Thrill of the Hunt' legendary utility.

My main is a merc, in Arsenal there is a window of a few seconds in which you have to stay still to cast Tracer Missile, but all the other time you can move and cast.

Except in the few cases in which you heal or do aoe.

Edited by Kaedusz