Please remove arenas from the normal queue.

Sifka

When I queue for normals, especially while solo queueing, I am not interested in doing arenas, because you often get very unbalanced teams with people you don't know, and frankly they are boring like hell unless you do ranked in a team.

Just keep them in the ranked queue where they belong.

I am sure I am not the only one who wants them out of the normal queue.

Thanks.

No.

They're over so fast that even with a 'bad' group it's not as bothersome to me as, say, getting a bad group for one of the pve WZ's. Just as much frustration but they last 4 times as long.

The only thing I would suggest is BW remove arena's from the 10-29 bracket. I think that's too early for arena's, toons and/or talent trees aren't really fleshed out yet at that point. 30-54 and 55 are fine though.

Edited by Ridickilis

I'd rather have the occasional arena that's over in less than five minutes than a lowbie Civil War or Novare Coast slog that goes on and on and on and on because nobody knows how to play the objectives, or a 6-0 Huttball roflstomp because your teammates just want to deathmatch. Makes the dailies and weeklies go a lot more quickly.

When I queue for normals, especially while solo queueing, I am not interested in doing arenas, because you often get very unbalanced teams with people you don't know, and frankly they are boring like hell unless you do ranked in a team.

Thanks.

Quoted for truth. Put Arenas in their own Q so those who love to run around like headless chickens - can.

I'd prefer to see them stay, they bring more variety to the table.

Now, if they were to add the ability to queue for specific WZs, I'd be all for that.

I agree. Variety is good and an aRena match pops up to give me a break of clicking and guarding turrets. Being able to blacklist 1 warzone from the que would be nice though.

Thanks.

/signed

Since the release of Arenas, people have cried for PvP Queue customization.There is a solution to this that I think would be embraced by all PvP'ers. Change the current PvP Queue system. This will work wonders when the upcoming Space PvP is released as well. If this queue system is not in action when the upcoming space combat expansion is released, then I fear that the PvP Queue times will be completely cannibalized. The Filter aspect added to our PvP Queue system would work similar to how a player queues for (PvE) Flashpoints

QUEUE FILTER Check a box to the left of any option below. Unchecked options mean you will have a 0% chance to get that from your queue!

1. Queue for Warzones (8v8)

2. Queue for Arenas (4v4)

3. Queue for Space Battles (12v12)

4. Queue for All of the Above

Ranked Arena would not be included, but a separate queue altogether. In order to keep the Ranked Arena queue more lively, perhaps they could consider making them cross-server (increasing the pool of players and thus the competition!) Keep 1-4 server-only, to maintain the great community aspect it brings to SWTOR PvP; but that is a debate for another time haha. :-)

If TONS of people end up never queueing for un-ranked arena, and only for warzones, or vice versa, then BioWare/EA could maybe add a small reward incentive toward queueing for 4. All of the Above.

Not sure if there is some sort of programming barrier that keeps the above Queue System from happening, but man, it seems ideal - does it not? The above example also allows the queue times to be faster, and remain server only. I for one would check all of them, because I love PvP. I do player vs player to do just that, and I do not care if its a warzone or arena or space combat. I prefer Warzones that don't have me running around for 30 seconds looking for enemies sometimes, and usually don't enjoy AFK Guarding a node. I like to fight. Just figure i'd share my preferences..

To the original post: I think you approach PvP with a crude paradigm. I do not understand why you would loath Arena so much, but I can relate to any frustration you may have while getting owned In it. No one likes to get rickrolled in PvP. But I mean, the same pwn sessions occur in warzones too - do they not? Arena is just faster. I've been in plenty of Huttball matches where the team names should have been changed from "Frogdogs vs Rotworms" to "Younglings vs Darth Vader". I don't care win or lose, the paradigm I take in PvP allows me to have fun under any circumstance. I acknowledge and accept the fact that I am doomed to get roflpwned every now and then, its just the roll of the die. When it happens, I am mentally prepared for it lol.. We still get comms for losses. Some matches are more fun than others. Anyway think about it, not trying to convert you to a new way of thinking or anything. I understand certain people prefer different aspects of PvP, and dislike others. I dislike Civil War - it may be your favorite WZ - etc. All good man, I read your post and just wanted to comment! :D .

P.S. I think it is silly that we have to go to the Fleet to click a box to get the PvP Quests. And then, upon completion, we have to return to the Fleet and click on that Box to obtain our reward. Seems odd. If they add in the PvP Queue "Filter" system, they could also allow us to click on that same queue window to instantly obtain the PvP Quests. I do not really feel any excitement when I am travelling across the galaxy to get back to that magical box that hands me my quest reward, but maybe I am approaching this with a bias, Debbie-downer paradigm! I still think it should be changed! Talkin to you BioWare/EA!

P.S #2 Oh and maybe I would actually leave the fleet (every once in a blue moon) if I didn't have to return to the magical quest box.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

I don't understand why people would want them removed. It's fast and easy comms win or lose.

Please explain.

I have a couple of reasons why

1 - they simply do not belong in Star Wars

2 - Balance. Why release a new outdated game mechanic and not add any balance. Yes it's coming but it just makes no sense

3 - The system is designed for bads, especially ranked. If you want to be carried, Arenas are the place to do it because win or loss, you can get some serious coms. A good player can't leave because they take a hit on their ELO and have a loss marked against them.

4 - I cant see one single reason why Arenas can't have their own Q so those who like it, can do them 247 whilst those who prefer 8v8 can do so.

5 - Unfair system. If someone leaves before the Arena starts, theres a high chance that team starts a man down.

6 - Spawn dead - whats the point?

I have a couple of reasons why

4 - I cant see one single reason why Arenas can't have their own Q so those who like it, can do them 247 whilst those who prefer 8v8 can do so.

The above quote is the only thing worth acknowledging from your post DarthMaulUK.. I found the other points null and void. I will say that the above quote is right on though! I cannot find a single reason why either man. Makes no sense to me. Read my queue filter post above your last one - I find it to be a great solution. We'll see though.

Thanks.

Hell no to this. I like arenas.

The above quote is the only thing worth acknowledging from your post DarthMaulUK.. I found the other points null and void. I will say that the above quote is right on though! I cannot find a single reason why either man. Makes no sense to me. Read my queue filter post above your last one - I find it to be a great solution. We'll see though.

You would do, because you simply dont understand valid arguments. Because if you dont think point 2 is valid, you need your head tested

Edited by DarthMaulUK

I don't understand why people would want them removed. It's fast and easy comms win or lose.

I must be doing something wrong. When my lowbie 30 gunslinger is focused down in two rounds with a PUG, I didn't receive any comms/credits. There is 5 mins wasted.

I'm not a comm grinder, nor do I play a game to be fodder. I gave them a shot - Arenas are weak and I'm a full time ditcher.

Yeah, I don't care much for arenas myself, but I usually just go on in knowing it will be over before I know it. just find the squishiest target, unload and use all CDs not worrying about needing them later and not giving a single fug if it works. Ironically, it seems to do the trick in regs the vast majority of the time. Somehow always one of the last to die, if I even do die.

Embrace the derp and claim your quick rewards.

Edited by Technohic

Please remove PvP quitters from the normal queue.

People who quit alot are usually bads anyway, put them in their own queue where the can all quit on each other till they get the easy wins they want. Both queues will be happy.

Edited by Kerensk

Thanks.

Because the non-arena games are always with people you know, and the teams are always balanced?

Z

There really should be an option too choose from normal WZ and arenas , just got back into the game after a 1+ year brake and this bugs me. Arena needs a separate que it yields 2x less XP / credits / valor and its a random mess even if it's a short fight.