More Skin Coloring

Levanchar

Hi everyone,

I like to suggest additional skin colors in the slider for the Human & Rattakai. This is to simulate some of the near-human species in the Star Wars Universe that didn't make the cut.

Humans

- Add pink skin hue (maybe use the Twilek or lighter skin shades from Sith)

- White eyes, no iris (might already exist)

This way you can play as a Zeltron, Arkanian or Echani

Rattakai

- Give them to hair

To play as a Dathomir Nightsister

The idea would be to add as an appearance pack like those already on the Cartel market that give more hairstyles & eye colors. Hopefully this won't be too much work for the developers to put together.

To anyone with a better idea of SW lore, feel free to add your suggestions or critique mine.

Cheers :)

The Nightsisters' organisation won't be founded for another 3000 in-game years, but whatever.

One significant reason, especially for the "put this on humans" option, is that these aliens would be, for in-game purposes, classed as humans and addressed by NPCs as if they are humans. (They *are* humans, but humans that look like aliens.)

The Nightsisters' organisation won't be founded for another 3000 in-game years, but whatever.

I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. Though I note it didn't stop BioWare from introducing gear from The Mandalorian show which is outside the timeline too :p

One significant reason, especially for the "put this on humans" option, is that these aliens would be, for in-game purposes, classed as humans and addressed by NPCs as if they are humans. (They *are* humans, but humans that look like aliens.)

Good point, especially if you were playing an Empire faction character. Then an alternative would be to introduce a 'near-human' species with its own set of scripts (similar to that of the Chiss) to reflect some of the discrimination aliens faced in the SW universe. However this would entail a lot more work for BioWare so it'll probably stay a pipedream than something to look forward to in the future.

I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. Though I note it didn't stop BioWare from introducing gear from The Mandalorian show which is outside the timeline too :p

That's a fair point, and there's also the "Dathomir Shaman's Armor Set" which is taken directly from the Nightsisters period.

As I said, "but whatever", implying that it's a bit "neither here nor there". Actually having us go to Dathomir and face the Nightsisters would definitely go way too far into "grotesque anachronism" territory.

Good point, especially if you were playing an Empire faction character. Then an alternative would be to introduce a 'near-human' species with its own set of scripts (similar to that of the Chiss) to reflect some of the discrimination aliens faced in the SW universe. However this would entail a lot more work for BioWare so it'll probably stay a pipedream than something to look forward to in the future.

Just a species marked "not human" for the Pubside or "neither human not PB Sith" for the Impside would do, as it would be treated as a generic alien. (It's applicable to Pubside as well, e.g. for Nik Deleru (aka Nik the Whiner) on Coruscant and the mission he gives you to track down his mate, as he calls her.(1)(2))

(1) In the early part of the Migrant Merchant's Guild area of Coruscant, although you might have to turn on "Show Exploration Missions" in your map panel to see that there's a mission there.

(2) It's not the only example, just the one that sticks in my head, probably because Nik is such a whiner.

Hi everyone,

I like to suggest additional skin colors in the slider for the Human & Rattakai. This is to simulate some of the near-human species in the Star Wars Universe that didn't make the cut.

Humans

- Add pink skin hue (maybe use the Twilek or lighter skin shades from Sith)

- White eyes, no iris (might already exist)

This way you can play as a Zeltron, Arkanian or Echani

Rattakai

- Give them to hair

To play as a Dathomir Nightsister

The idea would be to add as an appearance pack like those already on the Cartel market that give more hairstyles & eye colors. Hopefully this won't be too much work for the developers to put together.

To anyone with a better idea of SW lore, feel free to add your suggestions or critique mine.

Cheers :)

I like these ideas! And even if the Nightsisters arne't a thing yet it'd still be cool. Besides they didn't end up looking like that over night so /shrug maybe a different version of them is around and we just dont' know it yet!

But more hairstyles would be most appreciated in the very least.