Bubble Stun over-reaction

Vladnar

Ive hardly ever seen it in game and its just another short stun, theres so many, just load up on grenades and you'll do the same....virtually.

The bubble stun in sorcs comes through the lighning tree, rubbish in pvp as you have to stand still so much weaker than the madness tree and little use for healers really as they'll be giving up so much healing to get it.

You can lose healing for it or lose madness damage for it. hybrid...either way its the only thing that makes lighning even worth existing.

I hybrid heal and im not wasting all those points just to get it and annoy everyone but really, its certainly not that interesting an ability.....id much rather be doing 8k damage hits on crit.

Itll be just on the caster soon enough anyway.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it would be nice for them to review our tree a bit, but right now even for 1.7 it looks bleak.

As for those who hate bubble stun, focus on the sorcerer. If anything the bubble stun effectiveness does absolutely nothing unless put on an obvious overpowered class.

Blame that, not the CC and shame on Austin Peckenpaugh for thinking it was the core problem. That ****** must play a rage spec maurader cause there is obviously a reason why they are so freaking hard not to die against.

OP, you've obviously never been in a warzone with a premade that had one of these guys. Sometimes a PUG will have the talent too. I've been in matches where literally the entire enemy team is bubbled. And their dps are not shy about clicking it off to stun you.

It would almost be ok if the bubble gave proper resolve, but at 300 resolve for a hard 3 second stun, you can still be mezzed by, say, Awe and not have a full resolve bar. Or get hit by Shoot First for 300 and then they click off their bubble for 300 and you are still vulnerable to dirty kick. Just a couple of examples.

Bubble stun is very annoying and can't be easily dealt by melee. Say you attack sorc - you will get stunned most likely. Sorc runns - you need to close the gap. Time passes. You still chase sorc. She has more stuns. By now she can cast new bubble. Repeat.

It is ofcourse possible to kill the sorc but it is quite hard - especially if someone helps him/her a bit.

If you try to switch targets, sorc bubbles your new target. Same problem. Try to attack sorc - sorc bubles self. Etc. Sorc constantly bubbling their team in WZs is nightmare for melee.

Some melee classes can try to break bubble with range attacks - which are very limited to these classes. And the problem is one can't know for sure if the bubble will break or absorb attack. Its annoying mostly.

If against a hybrid its difficult, but thats what happens when bioware boosts melee damage and nerfs sorcerers. This is exactly like the soul link/ soul siphon spec in WoW. The class was doing so terrible that players decided to hybrid the class inorder to survive and do damage.

I am shock so many of you are arguing are melee classes who do so much damage and sorcerers dish out so little it takes so long to kill them.

So really no point arguing for a nerf right off the bat. You want change then demand bioware fix the survivability, damage talent trees to make bubblebhybrid not worth speccing anymore

Bubble stun is very annoying and can't be easily dealt by melee. Say you attack sorc - you will get stunned most likely. Sorc runns - you need to close the gap. Time passes. You still chase sorc. She has more stuns. By now she can cast new bubble. Repeat.

It is ofcourse possible to kill the sorc but it is quite hard - especially if someone helps him/her a bit.

If you try to switch targets, sorc bubbles your new target. Same problem. Try to attack sorc - sorc bubles self. Etc. Sorc constantly bubbling their team in WZs is nightmare for melee.

Some melee classes can try to break bubble with range attacks - which are very limited to these classes. And the problem is one can't know for sure if the bubble will break or absorb attack. Its annoying mostly.

Sorcs have one targeted stun on a 1 minute cooldown. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Sorcs have one targeted stun on a 1 minute cooldown. Please stop spreading misinformation.

A very nitpicky thing to say that more less avoided the point. Sorcs have 1 hard stun (not including bubble), but also knockback, mez, 50% snare, speed, channeled snare attack. In other words, many tools to help them stay at range. The problem is they have a hard time bursting down their target before leap comes off cooldown.

The guy you quoted seems to want to remove the bubble as a defensive option for the sorc, and I think that's going too far. But he's spot on that sorcs giving out bubble stuns to the whole team creates a nightmare.

Ive hardly ever seen it in game and its just another short stun, theres so many, just load up on grenades and you'll do the same....virtually.

The bubble stun in sorcs comes through the lighning tree, rubbish in pvp as you have to stand still so much weaker than the madness tree and little use for healers really as they'll be giving up so much healing to get it.

You can lose healing for it or lose madness damage for it. hybrid...either way its the only thing that makes lighning even worth existing.

I hybrid heal and im not wasting all those points just to get it and annoy everyone but really, its certainly not that interesting an ability.....id much rather be doing 8k damage hits on crit.

No not even virtually, but BW stated they are going to do something(Buff) before they nerf it

there are 2 things that really annoy me about the bubble stun.

1) You can use it when you yourself are stunned. I was hopping this was an over-site but apparently, it isnt. You shouldnt be able to stun people when you are stunned yourself.

2) the resolve added on by it is minuscule. add some more to it

I agree that sage/sorc needed another escape mechanism ( i would have preferred something other than a stun but that is BWs decision, not mine) but it is clear that they implemented it incorrectly. for me, the 2 fixes above would at least make me satisfied and i am glad that they have stated they are at least looking into it.

Edited by ForsakenKing

You mean the melee that hit like trucks and run over half the people in a WZ without a second thought? The Juggernauts that do AoE smash crits, the Marauders who tear people to shreds or the Powertechs that turn you into barbeque? Maybe the Assassins that stun you and tear you in half?

Sorcs have bubbles. Easy fix... have the ranged go after the Sorcs. Problem solved.

A very nitpicky thing to say that more less avoided the point. Sorcs have 1 hard stun (not including bubble), but also knockback, mez, 50% snare, speed, channeled snare attack. In other words, many tools to help them stay at range. The problem is they have a hard time bursting down their target before leap comes off cooldown.

The guy you quoted seems to want to remove the bubble as a defensive option for the sorc, and I think that's going too far. But he's spot on that sorcs giving out bubble stuns to the whole team creates a nightmare.

You are having a conversation with yourself Larry. The dude I quoted said a sorc has multiple stuns to use after his bubble-stun has popped and is on cd. This is false information as we all know, sorcs have one short range stun on a 1min cd. Please, add to the conversation instead of trying to make it seem like the guy I quoted was right when obviously he couldn't be more wrong.

You are having a conversation with yourself Larry. The dude I quoted said a sorc has multiple stuns to use after his bubble-stun has popped and is on cd. This is false information as we all know, sorcs have one short range stun on a 1min cd. Please, add to the conversation instead of trying to make it seem like the guy I quoted was right when obviously he couldn't be more wrong.

at least mention the lift as well...

Edited by ForsakenKing

*Force leap* Slash/bladestorm/w/e

*Force Push*

*Guardian Leap to ally*

*Saber Throw* Bubble pops

*Enrage*

*force Leap*

*Smash*

*Awe*

Force Choke/stasis

*Smash*

*Dispatch*

Damage done to you? almost 0.

If done right you can stunlock any class with a Jug/Guard. if you have a buddy with you... You can destroy the other team.

*Force leap*

*Enrage*

*Smash* 6k-7k

*Push* 90% of the players will waste their stunbreak on this.

*Leap*

*Choke*

*Smash* 6k-7k

Awe

Dispatch. 5k

Force Scream(if needed) 4k

The best thing from a Sage/Sorc perspective about bubble stun is that... nothing has really changed. Unless I had the courage (or stupidity rather) to go solo WZs running heal hybrid, I was never worried about people reclessly breaking it before full duration. I have never dotted people, nor have I asked tanks/dps for assistance when I was ganked, because I knew they will be stunned for the whole duration.

Now, a lot of people complain about the stun not breaking on damage, because WZs are more AoE fest than before.

1. Snipers are shutting down the nodes by putting explosive probes on them, or casting the flyby everytime (wasn't like this couple of months ago, when still majority needed to L2P or... majority haven't been playing snipers).

2. More smahers in teams on average.

3. DoT spamming just to get my 750k+ in Voidstar etc.

4. Generally more frequent usage of AoE stuff just to stack DPS or interrupt capping (which is useful, but still one of the main causes of bubble stun crying).

+++

What's even better. I heard complaints from Combat/Carnage Sents/Maras about the bubble stun! Which amazed me, because it's simply a matter of throwing a lightsaber and then popping Force Scream/Blade Storm, to get the burst without stunning yourself.

And from a Sage/Sorc perspective - I still have to gimp myself, to go for bubble build. My healing output is lower, there are no HoT proccs anymore, so I'm twice as interrupt-vulnerable as before (back in the 1.5 sec Deliverance proc days), which forces me to use Healing Trance/Innervate on every CD instead of Deliverance, that serves only as a stun/interrupt bait nowadays.

PRO TIP: Get ranged DPS to burst the bubble and then leap and start smashing :-D

Previously you didn't have to do anything against any melee, except letting them pop the bubble. Effect was exactly the same.

+++

That was a defensive standpoint. Now let's talk about offence. I can bubble my smashers, let them leap onto someone, pop bubbles and smash stunned people. That's ok? It sure is. Since every ranked group has a Sage/Sorc, you should encounter bubbled people on the opposite side aswell :-D

The deeper we go in this thread, the more chances that we come up with one simple conclusion: Nerf smashers :-D

...and operatives.

Wow, such a mature reaction, kind of like the one above where you pounced on the guy for saying "stuns" instead of "controlling effects." I'm sure he regrets the error.

Perhaps if you would like to stop pointing out tiny mistakes and start participating in the debate, we will stop laughing and start taking you seriously.

Guardian defence bubble "Blade barrier" must be working similarly and stunned too! Or its all ridiculous.

why do i bother posting anything on the internet. you start with an debate on what is good/bad/right/wrong about something, and then you get 3/4ths of the post with people like this or nitpicking on basic crap (tomato, tomaaaato kinda stuff). goodbye thread, i dont feel like sifting through any future crap you have to offer.

ps, enjoy how insanely dumb the stun is. ive already said my piece on what i think is wrong with it. just continue ignoring it and what other(s) have said about what is right/wrong about it.

*Force leap* Slash/bladestorm/w/e

*Force Push*

*Guardian Leap to ally*

*Saber Throw* Bubble pops

*Enrage*

*force Leap*

*Smash*

*Awe*

Force Choke/stasis

*Smash*

*Dispatch*

Damage done to you? almost 0.

If done right you can stunlock any class with a Jug/Guard. if you have a buddy with you... You can destroy the other team.

*Force leap*

*Enrage*

*Smash* 6k-7k

*Push* 90% of the players will waste their stunbreak on this.

*Leap*

*Choke*

*Smash* 6k-7k

Awe

Dispatch. 5k

Force Scream(if needed) 4k

Congrats! In both scenarios you just used every good ability you have to kill one person. No idea why you would use awe before dispatch. No idea why you pushed the person since you can just use the short distance leap instead. You also did two smashes in 7 seconds or less which is not possible in the scenarios you provided. The complaint about rage is the AOE damage of the spec, not the single target burst so I'm not sure what the whole second portion was for.

You also failed to understand that there is more than one bubbled opponent on the other team. I agree that having a sorc with a bubble pop is fine, there are ways to go around it if you are smart as you have noted above. The issue is that 8 people have this and the only way to counter the spec is for your entire team to be ranged.

As long as they added to resolve like every other stun I wouldn't care.

I pop them all the time before closing to melee range. I have just adapted to a madness assassin do my front end damage at range and then I close to kill. They are very frequent now in warzones.

I actually hate CC grenades more than bubbles at least with the bubbles you have to run it in a weakened spec and have them applied by that player.

Grenades unbalance classes and warzones. You can tell some classes where not given 2 stuns in specs because the burst dps output meant 2 stuns was very powerful or it made the survivability of the healer spec to high. So while everyone gets another stun with grenades, you don't get to leverage it the same way depending on how your class was balanced. I also think in certain warzones its stupid to give every class guarding abilities by providing access to AoE stuns/mezzes as defenders through grenades. Or stealth AOE CC ability on top of all the other CC inside the stealth classes. Its just to much CC that is to disruptive to play and dynamic warzones IMO.

Good teams who use grenades are almost impossible to turn the tide against in a warzone because most objectives require some capping mechanism. You are not given 2 CC-breakers so its very hard to kill-cap before the other team gets more help on that objective point when they use grenades. Bubbles are visible and counterable for capping nodes.

Edited by PlagaNerezza