The Mandalorian Knights

Geordieland

Hey guys, just a quick question for all you super hardcore lore fans.

Im wanting to start maybe a new jedi knight...but I personally hate the philosophy of the order..but I have great honour towards the mandalorians code etc etc. To cut a long story short..with Swtors time period, would it be possible to create a jedi on an RP server and re make "The Mandalorian Knights"? I know they ended after Malachor V as Kace turned himself in with the rest of the knights but that was a decent few years ago before swtor...would you be able to analyse the dates and times and be able to tell me how long ago since they existed and if lore wise it would be acceptable to bring them back?

Thanks guys!

SWTOR starts in 3643 BBY, the Trial of Dorjander Kace was in 3962 BBY, so 319 years have passed since the end of Kace's Mandalorian Knights.

If I were going to make a Mandalorian Knight character, I would have the backstory be that the nine-hour speech Kace gave during this trial had its intended effect on at least a few Jedi - who were moved by his words and embraced what he was preaching, continued the Mandalorian Knight cause past the Mandalorian Wars. Perhaps they used the chaos of the Jedi Civil War to go into hiding without being tracked down by the Jedi, and thereby also escaped the First Jedi Purge during the Dark Wars.

I don't think you could reasonably expect a large number of Jedi to have been "converted" by the speech, but a few could have resolved to carry the banner and then joined up with one of the Mandalorian clans that were scattered after Malachor. The Mandalorian Knight tradition could then have endured within that clan, with any force sensitives within it (most of whom would probably be descendents of the original defectors) considering themselves part of that order.

This would mean that, while the core of the Mandalorian Knight tradition would be based on Kace's teachings, a lot of what it means to be a Mandalorian Knight would probably have evolved over the intervening centuries, influenced by the adoptive clan's own traditions. That means you could largely define what it means to be a Mandalorian Knight during the SWTOR era to your own liking, without having to toe the line too closely to what we saw of them in KOTOR: War.

You could also decide whether you want it to be a relatively large and active order, if force sensitivity bred true throughout the clan over the centuries, with your character a proud member of a strong tradition. Or you could make it an all-but-forgotten order, shrouded in myth and mystery with force sensitives only being born rarely during those long years - the few and far between Mandalorian Knights would be almost mythical heroes, and your character could be struggling to learn for him/herself just what being a Mandalorian Knight would really mean.

Wow, that was just inspiring to read..Thank you so much for putting in the effort to write that reply. Im not a scrub at lore, but i'd rather get a faction im willing to create's full story. Now could you answer one more thing if possible? Would it make more sense in making a jedi knight, staying gray and then trying to create ties with other RP mandolorian guilds..or make a light sided sith warrior, try and break all ties to the sith code he strongly disagrees with (implying the SW would pretend to be a jedi converted over) Just not sure what faction it would be easier to make the new guild with. Examples of how, would be like hanging around with other mando factions or communicating with them/hanging around their areas. Just a little advice would help.

I made a Jedi Knight and gave him Cassus Fetts Armor and Helmet, it looks mandalorian enough to be the Mandalorian Knights. I use Legplates and Some beefy looking boots and I am all gold with a Yellow Lightsaber. It looks really nice and cool. ;)

I made a Jedi Knight and gave him Cassus Fetts Armor and Helmet, it looks mandalorian enough to be the Mandalorian Knights. I use Legplates and Some beefy looking boots and I am all gold with a Yellow Lightsaber. It looks really nice and cool. ;)

Oh yeah dude! Thats deffo my plan, to use cassus fetts set as the base, and then try and work around it to give it a really nice authentic Mandalorian look. Taking inspiration from the Mandalorian Knights armour too.

Wow, that was just inspiring to read..Thank you so much for putting in the effort to write that reply. Im not a scrub at lore, but i'd rather get a faction im willing to create's full story. Now could you answer one more thing if possible? Would it make more sense in making a jedi knight, staying gray and then trying to create ties with other RP mandolorian guilds..or make a light sided sith warrior, try and break all ties to the sith code he strongly disagrees with (implying the SW would pretend to be a jedi converted over) Just not sure what faction it would be easier to make the new guild with. Examples of how, would be like hanging around with other mando factions or communicating with them/hanging around their areas. Just a little advice would help.

I know very little about RPing in SWTOR specifically, or how to go about getting a larger RP group together around a theme, I usually don't do it in MMOs - but I would expect that the largest single group of people interesting in a Mando theme would be among those playing Bounty Hunters, so your best bet would be to focus your efforts on the Empire side. For that reason alone, I would say Sith Warrior is the way to go - even if you're just Sith for game mechanics purposes, but consider the character to be a Jedi for all RP purposes.

Edited by DarthDymond

I know very little about RPing in SWTOR specifically, or how to go about getting a larger RP group together around a theme, I usually don't do it in MMOs - but I would expect that the largest single group of people interesting in a Mando theme would be among those playing Bounty Hunters, so your best bet would be to focus your efforts on the Empire side. For that reason alone, I would say Sith Warrior is the way to go.

Well thats awesome dude! Im pretty new to RP so this will be one huge project to under go and make it a reality. Thank you so much for your previous post. Now I know its a sith warrior to go and make! EDIT - Indeed I shall, mechanics/faction wise will be SW, but RP purposes = Jedi! :)

Edited by Geordieland

Well thats awesome dude! Im pretty new to RP so this will be one huge project to under go and make it a reality. Thank you so much for your previous post. Now I know its a sith warrior to go and make!

Glad to be of help. Good luck with the project! Hope it turns out well. :D

I'm not big on Mandos overall in lore, being more of a Jedi/Sith fan personally, but this thread reminded me that Mando'a has some pretty great phrases in it. My personal favorite Mando'a insult: "Kaysh mirsh solus" - "He's an idiot"; Literally: "His brain cell's lonely."

There are a bunch more here if you want to sprinkle some more Mando flavor in your RPing.

Glad to be of help. Good luck with the project! Hope it turns out well. :D

I'm not big on Mandos overall in lore, being more of a Jedi/Sith fan personally, but this thread reminded me that Mando'a has some pretty great phrases in it. My personal favorite Mando'a insult: "Kaysh mirsh solus" - "He's an idiot"; Literally: "His brain cell's lonely."

There are a bunch more here if you want to sprinkle some more Mando flavor in your RPing.

Haha thats awesome! Yeah, im just going to create a character and see how it turns out, see if i can gather fans via reddit and shizzle. But nooo the mando lore is amazing dude! :p

While I'm not too well versed in Mando lore, I do have a fondness for their code of honor. I wish you well in your endeavor, and if you ever get it off the ground, the idea sounded intriguing enough that I'd be happy to join your guild.

Thank you a lot! I have just made a reddit post calling out to any fans who wish to help make this new fan made chapter of the extended universe. I shall be working over a lot of things to do with the launch of a new guild and will make sure the community knows of this new crazy idea! :p

P.S You are very welcome to join the ranks of the new mandalorian knights

As someone who is in fact very well versed in Mandalorian lore and culture I figured I'd throw in my two-cents.

As for the plausibility of Mandalorian Knights existing, I think DarthDymond is correct. However, I contend that at this point in lore they'd very much have to stay under the radar as much as possible.

For one, Mandalore the Vindicated has united all the clans and allied with the Empire. They've done this so brutally that clans that supported the Republic (such as Clan Cadera) were utterly crushed. If the Sith or Mandalore caught wind of them, they'd be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

It should also be mentioned that it is about this time in galactic history that Mandalorian disdain for force users truly takes off. For centuries, and in just about every major war prior, Sith or Jedi have used the Mandalorians for their own ends and discarded them or abandoned them to defeat when they no longer needed them. Mandalorians are very bitter at this point. Add to that their service to the Empire, and the politics mix with culture to form a volatile anti-force user sentiment among them. I should also add that mandalorian culture sees killing Jedi is actually a good thing, something the jedi wouldn't take kindly to. Not to mention, the Jedi/Republic did try to eradicate the Knights in the first place so there will be bitterness there from Mandalorians who remember their enemies very well.

If you go with DarthDymond's suggestion, it is best for them to be obscure or they'd literally have every Mandalorian, Sith, and Jedi in the galaxy on them. I do like his idea of a lost clan being the source of this though, on an Outer Rim world it would make some sense but they can't be big, and they can't be anything more than a rumor or myth.

Edit: This is Karen Traviss's original page for the Mando'a language. And if you'd like to know how Mandalorians think, I highly recommend her Clone Commando series of books as it is one of the few stories that follows the perspective of true Mandalorians from the inside. Also the Legacy series of books contains a lot of good information on Mandalorian culture. While they are both far in the future compared to this game, the general culture hasn't really changed since the Great Sith War and the decline of the Taung.

Edited by StarSquirrel

While I'm not too well versed in Mando lore, I do have a fondness for their code of honor. I wish you well in your endeavor, and if you ever get it off the ground, the idea sounded intriguing enough that I'd be happy to join your guild.

After reading this post I would love to join this guild and have fun RPing as a Mandalorian Knight

Well according to reddit it looks like he's started getting this project rolling and set up a website: http://rotmk.weebly.com/

Edited by DarthDymond

I know very little about RPing in SWTOR specifically, or how to go about getting a larger RP group together around a theme, I usually don't do it in MMOs - but I would expect that the largest single group of people interesting in a Mando theme would be among those playing Bounty Hunters, so your best bet would be to focus your efforts on the Empire side. For that reason alone, I would say Sith Warrior is the way to go - even if you're just Sith for game mechanics purposes, but consider the character to be a Jedi for all RP purposes.

thought i may be the only one to be fair my trooper is a Mando in Exile who refused to be a pawn of the Empire again she is now a rogue working in republic space taking what bounty's she can (normally during bounty week) so it is really up to you u may find more people who do the same.

also if u do go empire wouldn't a sith Assassin be better as u could add it into your story that u were captured by the empire and forced to train with them (which explains the whole inquisitor slave thing)

• 5 years later...