Best And Worst Class Story?

ToffeeNinja

So i've noticed a phrase come up over an over in this thread: "If you go ls/ds"

As of now, LS and DS are completely useless. All you get is some ok gear, a mount, and a pet. I played through the JK story as LS because that's what my paladin/obi wan like character would have done. I made DS decisions like choosing the romance with Kira because i think it's BS that a good honest Jedi can't love somebody, but that's another story.

I was playing through my Trooper and i was on Taris. Dorne, the healer you get, came on holo and told me the imp officer i had at gun point was a monster. She's a by the book kind of person and explain that it would be best to kill him. Now, i was going to hit LS and let him live, when i realized that's not what I would have done; that's what an indoctrinated robot would have done. My Trooper stands up to General Garza's bs because it isn't right to kill civis, it isn't right to use genocidal tech from the imps to kill our enemies, and it isn't right to lie to people who are laying their lives on the line to help me when they don't have to.

So I shot the jerk in the face, and with that single shot, i stopped caring about LS/DS.

I started playing the story for me and my character, and that's what everybody needs to do.

Same as i did since lvl 20 with my IA, in some points i hade to kill someone for LP and let them live and serve the empire for DP. which for me as an IA, that is about using my BRAIN, made me just earn LP since it was kinda the stupid way around to keep that person/technology [or the other way around] the wise thing to do so it wont back stab you later on. though i did go to lvl IV DS since i like being evil. but some choices i had to take and on the way gain some LP. I really stopped caring much about them anymore. as I play my IA [now lvl 50 anyway], i like being smart and not rackless about anything. if there is a chance that someone is lieing his way to just survive and promiss he will work for the empire, i dont take the baite, i kill it. no loose ends.

overall, the IA is one of the classes people should check out, it has an amazing storyline and a very good bunch of choices. sometimes i found myself sitting in a convo for a long time and just thinking what should i choose and if its the choice i am willing to live with.

the end game is freaking awesome, and i really cant wait to get more in the future expensions that will wrap more of the early choices i made.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I seen companions make or break early gameplay, for me personally, keeping Vette in the shock collar led some funny responses from her, so far upto Nar Shadaa I'm loving the smart mouth talk, story personally is decent, Vette is only thing keeping me into it. Khem Val is on par as well, I like when I tell him to eat people, but the class missions just didn't catch my attention. Mako is interesting but the story around bounty hunters just didn't pull me into the whole thing. Kaliyo and the IA storyline are both written absolutely brilliantly, I never finished act one but the agent story has more twists and turns than a rollercoaster, admittedly some are expected but nonetheless, it provides high entertainment points.

For the republic, trooper out of act one just completely fell apart, the missions feel like they were done in one week developmental window, and the lack of any interesting companions just make it even more depressing. Smuggler unplayed personally but I hear good things about the companions. I personally enjoyed Consular but the companions surrounding the class just completely threw the character under the bus and made everyone hate it, having Qyzen Fess as a companion for all of act one made the game feel like such a grind, then the other companions were stereotypically dull(Zenith and Iresso personally). Lastly the JK, the story wasn't entirely awesome, you could tell what happens next without needing to guess(yep, he's a sith that's trying to manipulate me, now I have to kill him), and companions didn't really make anything feel interesting.

I think JKs act 3 however is so far the best I've seen, admittedly I'm a Republic main so can't say for Empire.

Sheep? I felt it was genuinely boring.

Some people are unable to respect the opinions of another.

I'd really like to see some of the class stories advance even farther in expansions. Hell, if you play the IA right

he could totally be the Batman of space.

The Knight feels too powerful for me...truly like he is the only competent person in the Order. I go Darkside just because I'm incessantly irritated by NPCs.

As for everyone complaining about Companion Affection, you shouldn't change yourself to please another. That's not how you build a healthy relationship :D

Leveled a Jedi Knight and Trooper to 50. Consular is 31 right now.

Jedi Knight class story feels like playing KotOR 3, pretty much a direct continuation of the plot built up from the Revan novel. Enjoyed it a lot!

Trooper has a very good Act 1/Act 3 story. Very interesting mechanics thrown in for their class quests. Act 2 felt very slow paced, but I enjoyed the ending of it.

Consular class story started off pretty slow, but I'm starting to want to know what happens next -- it's getting pretty exciting! I'm only near the end of Act 1 right now.

I've only played the Agent Storyline to completion, and I have never stared at the screen going "holy ****" or "you want me to do what? OMG" in any other game. Can't imagine another story could be better, but I'll warn you that it didn't really get GOOD until Chapter 2 - Chapter 1's just OK.

I've played Inquisitor and Smuggler up until the teens, and I liked where Inquisitor was going, but if the IA storyline taught me anything, you can't judge the story based off chapter 1.

I've heard good things mostly about Bounty Hunter and Jedi Knight, so those will probably be the next two classes I play (already started my bounty hunter, but its way too early to know how good it is).

My advice tho, is that unless you're dead set on getting Light/Dark Side V gear, is to not get too hung up on being light or dark side. You can decide at the beginning that your character is light side, but don't feel the need to always pick the light side option. Let your character grow with the storyline.

Well, I'll put it this way... I'm seriously considering rolling a second agent JUST so I can make different choices at the end of Chapter 1.

Nicely put! I'm actually working on an Operative to take the dark path and see about the end of Act 1.

The Agent storyline is fantastic and has a lot of room for you to play the kind of character you want. I have a Sniper at 50 and played mostly Light side, in the sense of acting like a professional, upholding many of the ideals of the Empire while pushing back on some of them, not always relishing grim duties, unafraid to kill but often showing mercy, and almost always behaving rationally, except when I mouthed off to pretty much every Sith I could. It was great, and there's a surprising amount of humor in the story as well, not to mention that at least as a male agent <Flirt> is always a good option. The story through Act 2 is excellent (Act 2 in particular is incredible), and although Act 3 is weaker it still has an interesting narrative and I found my ending of the story to be excellent.

PibbyPib phrased this better than I could have so I wanted to quote that also:

That's what I thought was great about the Agent storyline that isn't present in the others that I've seen; you can play it several ways and it actually feels right no matter what tack you take..

With regard to the companions, they're pretty good and some of them are great. Doctor Lokin is quite interesting and often very funny in a dry way; he's great to have with you not only as a healer but for his comments and reactions; he's also highly suitable for the "professional" style of play because he'll tend to react favorably. SCORPIO is a trip and my only regret about her is that she's a melee tank and thus doesn't really work to accompany me in the field.

Edited by Arendis

I don't have as much time to play as I'd like so I've only played Jedi Knight through Act. 1. I'll try to be very general so I don't give too much away:

The bad: It's a very predictable story about a gifted force prodigy saving the universe and Act I of the story frequently makes the republic military commanders look incompetent. While you get a feeling of being this elegant light-saber wielding general bad ***, it's hard to find groups for heroic and flashpoint quest as a JK b/c everyone assumes you are a tank and assumes you are sub-par to a trooper....game play things like this sometimes leaves you feeling a little cynical and take you out of the plot when the story builds up your prowess.

The good: The story seems to be epic in scope, you feel the sense of urgency behind the class storyline, and you actually feel for your companions. The vibe of the story actually feels like you are in the Star Wars universe. There are some game play mechanics that help you get deeper into the story as well: overall there are a lot of abilities for the guardian class; in some of the light-saber battles with sith I've found I have to be very skilled with all of my talents to get by....I am really enjoying the complexity b/c it makes the battles feel more intense/epic; it genuinely helps with the story immersion if you go into it after some of these fantastic duels.

Overall I love the experience I'm having with JK, in large part due to the story. Will keep playing to end.

I have a BH at 41 and JK at 25. I enjoy the BH but after being on Belsavis for a bit (yawwwnn) I decided to make a JK. JK's story is good so far. There's something about it that gives me drive while I feel like the BH story got a bit stale after act 1.

I'd make an IA but the male voice has me going eesh.. The female voice actress sounds amazing, though.

Consular is my favorite. Don't know why you all hate him, he does some pretty cool stuff early on. One of the first things you can do is lift about 2000 pounds of rubble to save some dude and then float a bunch of ppl to safety. I also feel like a real Jedi as a Consular.

I've only lvled consular, but i have seen most other class story dialogue externally through youtube and others.

Edited by FrowningMirror

Lvl 50 BH, merc, story is sh*t, extremely disapointing, maybe cause i was light. W/e it was awful go to planet, check places x, y, z everytime your target gets away or isnt there and then just repeat on every planet seriously boring. Pretty much rerolling from disapointment in story and the boring tracer missile spam.

PS: Mako can go die in a @#$%ing hole with the freaking droid, b*tchest companion ever.

Lvl 31 Marauder, love the story so far while it has somewhat of an x, y, z component to it i realize its hard to get away from that for such a long story but its switched up a bit and actually feel like im making a difference in the galaxy.

I've tried SI and IA till around 10ish both had pretty good starts so far i like the SI slightly better but then again still only lvl 10 on them

These are just my opinions about each story, I like them all but if I had to choose best to worst this is how it would go and why.

1. Sith Warrior- The Warrior has it all a nice balance of companions, a compelling story and when you go bad. You go bad! Whether it be shocking Vette or making Jaesa kill her master you are definitely the darkest bastard to walk the galaxy. You really feel like you a Dark Lord of the Sith with this one.

2. The Imperial Agent- Honestly the overall story for the Agent is better than the Warrior so why do I put it second? Kaliyo. You are literally stuck using a sweaty bald anarchist for what feels like forever. Lokin however absolutely RULEZ!! The big selling point for the Agents story though is that of all of them the choices you make with the Agent are the ones that end up impacting the story the most as compared to others. You'll end up feeling like the choices you make matter more than you will in the other stories

3. The Smuggler- Lighthearted with witty humor, a quest for revenge, a treasure hunt, and inexplicably ends up working for the Republic thanks to the machinations of the Empire. The Smuggler is awesome! It isn't as serious as the Warrior and lacks the balance that the Agent has but overall it's a great story, and the dialogue alone makes it worth it.

4. The Bounty Hunter- Sort of like the Smuggler, but a bit more repetitive and with somewhat less humorous interactions (But certainly not lacking), and a bit slower of a buildup. It's not brilliant, but it isn't horrid either, and given the current builds it's a very easy class to play through.

5. The Jedi Knight- The Knight's story is very stereotypical. Save the galaxy, funny droid, padawan, fight evil, save the galaxy and whatnot. This detracts from it, and it seems sort of like you're going through the motions. Act 1 is a bit blah as well but it will pick up afterwards and it doesn't pretend to be anything it doesn't.

6. The Jedi Consular- The Consular is a bit like an iceberg, slowly melting as the action gets hotter. Very slowly. It's a good story past act 1 but you might feel like it's a bit blah for the better part of it, and the companions in general leave a lot to be desired.

7. The Trooper- The Trooper combines the stereotyping of the Knight with the slow pace of the Consular and passed Act 1 it can feel disjointed. The biggest problem I have with it is that it's a bit too much of a military story. Yes you should expect a lot of yes sirs and getting assignments but some change ups in the dialogue would be nice.

8. The Sith Inquisitor- The Inquisitor Story is a mess in my opinion. From the get go it's pretty much 'Oh you passed, here's your lightsaber, now go be evil and remember that you have rivals that will be developed as much as a shallow puddle, but you should REALLY hate them'.

These are just my opinions about each story, I like them all but if I had to choose best to worst this is how it would go and why.

1. Sith Warrior- The Warrior has it all a nice balance of companions, a compelling story and when you go bad. You go bad! Whether it be shocking Vette or making Jaesa kill her master you are definitely the darkest bastard to walk the galaxy. You really feel like you a Dark Lord of the Sith with this one.

2. The Imperial Agent- Honestly the overall story for the Agent is better than the Warrior so why do I put it second? Kaliyo. You are literally stuck using a sweaty bald anarchist for what feels like forever. Lokin however absolutely RULEZ!! The big selling point for the Agents story though is that of all of them the choices you make with the Agent are the ones that end up impacting the story the most as compared to others. You'll end up feeling like the choices you make matter more than you will in the other stories

3. The Smuggler- Lighthearted with witty humor, a quest for revenge, a treasure hunt, and inexplicably ends up working for the Republic thanks to the machinations of the Empire. The Smuggler is awesome! It isn't as serious as the Warrior and lacks the balance that the Agent has but overall it's a great story, and the dialogue alone makes it worth it.

4. The Bounty Hunter- Sort of like the Smuggler, but a bit more repetitive and with somewhat less humorous interactions (But certainly not lacking), and a bit slower of a buildup. It's not brilliant, but it isn't horrid either, and given the current builds it's a very easy class to play through.

5. The Jedi Knight- The Knight's story is very stereotypical. Save the galaxy, funny droid, padawan, fight evil, save the galaxy and whatnot. This detracts from it, and it seems sort of like you're going through the motions. Act 1 is a bit blah as well but it will pick up afterwards and it doesn't pretend to be anything it doesn't.

6. The Jedi Consular- The Consular is a bit like an iceberg, slowly melting as the action gets hotter. Very slowly. It's a good story past act 1 but you might feel like it's a bit blah for the better part of it, and the companions in general leave a lot to be desired.

7. The Trooper- The Trooper combines the stereotyping of the Knight with the slow pace of the Consular and passed Act 1 it can feel disjointed. The biggest problem I have with it is that it's a bit too much of a military story. Yes you should expect a lot of yes sirs and getting assignments but some change ups in the dialogue would be nice.

8. The Sith Inquisitor- The Inquisitor Story is a mess in my opinion. From the get go it's pretty much 'Oh you passed, here's your lightsaber, now go be evil and remember that you have rivals that will be developed as much as a shallow puddle, but you should REALLY hate them'.

Nice :) but hey do u still play doctor as Jedi Consular after finishing act 1 or is there more action in it?

Here is my list:)

1. Smuggler

2. Bounty Hunter

3. Jedi Knight

4. Sith Warrior

5. Imperial Agent

6. Sith Inquisitor

7. Jedi Consular

8. Trooper

I but I dident come far with most of them so the list isent complet :p

Edited by Master-A

I have only done SW, JK, and JC; out of those three light side SW is the best and JK is the worst. As a SW back talking to your master is endless amounts of fun; JK story started out very interesting but after Act 1, I quickly lost interest. The JC story in IMHO was very good but I couldn't use Theran because its useless to have 2 healers and the whole thing with Nadia was kind of ruined because you get her very late on in the game. Edited by bryceman

I just hit 30 on my operative, and I'm loving the IA storyline :)

It's an incredibly rich plot when it comes to personal decisions, and their impacts... Certainly not forced into a class "stereotype." There have been plenty of moments where I've come to really question what the consequences of my actions would be, and it's thrilling to think I have some freedom when it comes to my place in the universe.

I started off as Consular, I am level 19 now, still at Taris and the story is kinda boring me.

I want to be a healer, I'm assuming all the most fun stories are over on Emp side.

The question is, should I drop my 19 sage and start again as an inquisitor or go for Agent/Bounty Hunter?

Everyone and their dog recommends Agent it seems like. I played BH a bit, and I can only say that it's not particularly exciting, at least for the first part. It's more about whether the character is fun to play. Which--as a tank, it can be. Certainly I played a trooper, adn that's basically the same--and the BH is just a trooper without bugged animation times. So it should be fun.

However, just as counterpoint on the trooper quest. I found several things about it to be fun.

1) it blends in very well with the actual missions. As other classes you show up at a world and people drop things in your lap and it seems odd that you're taking all these odd jobs sometimes--unless you're just a career adventurer. Which admittedly we all play as, but still--when someone puts the future of Balmorra on your shoulders, as opposed to just getting some help with their problems (and life continues on) it makes less sense than when it's part of the trooper's objectives. It makes sense that the premier special forces ****** would be going from hot spot to hot spot, problem solving, and picking up their awesome team of misfits at the same time.

2) It is SO great to make light/dark side choices as trooper if for no other reason than several of them are *actually* ambiguous and kind of interesting. Like whether you preserve 'one of your own' who's also mission-critical or a bunch of strangers that you don't know, but are the more virtuous thing to do.

3) the end point is much more satisfying. In the beginning you get thrust into a situation that's appealing, but immediately evaporates, and you kind of feel cheated out of a sense of belonging to your character's story--but then, as you go, you end up building the scope and experiences that create a sense of that belonging much better than you could have imagined. And at the end, you have a team of people in storm trooper armor all standing behind you that look ******, but also part of a unit--that you lead. Even their prime stats are the same, which feels cool in a way. Other players have a motley crew standing behind them.

4) Dressing as a dark jedi with gun.

Hands down, the Knight story is the best, by which I mean, epic and heroic. I got goosebumps at one point.

The Consular is pretty boring so far.

I mean you can even tell from the beginning.

Knight: "We need you to go out and single handedly save Tython!!! Can you do that for us, son!!"

Consular: "There are the holocrons. They may be in danger. If it's not too much trouble, could you go take this USB and make us a copy. Thanks."

I'm enjoying the Agent more than I thought I would. And the BH is just cool.

I started off as Consular, I am level 19 now, still at Taris and the story is kinda boring me.

I want to be a healer, I'm assuming all the most fun stories are over on Emp side.

The question is, should I drop my 19 sage and start again as an inquisitor or go for Agent/Bounty Hunter?

Try smuggler scoundrel. Much more interesting story line and still heals.