Pvp class question

ElevenBfour

Hey folks. I don't complain about anything in this game, but I do finally have one complaint. In every MMO I've played, example: in WoW I loved my DK for dps'ing, PvP and tnaking in PvE. In EQ2 I loved my ShadowKnight for the same. But in this game it's wierd.

- I hated leveling my Jugg for the most part, but I love tanking with him at end game. I Hate pvp'ing on him.

-My Shadow, I enjoyed leveling with him, hate tanking endgame with him.

-My Vanguard, I didn't enjoy leveling him, I don't enjoy endgame with him in any aspect, pvp, or pve. But IMO he's my sexiest toon.

My dilema this has never happened to me before. I want a pvp toon. I'm going between a combat Sent, or a Deception Assassin. Problem is my assassin is already level 36. I stopped playing him awhile back due to guild needs. Is deception easy to learn starting at level 36? If there is one thing I don't like doing is trying to learn a playstyle and not start from the beginning.

I also have a lvl15 Sent combat spec'd. My only thing with leveling him is repub leveling isn't fun at all. Not sure I'll make it with him lol. I know it's hard to know what I'll like at end game. I'm leaning towards a deception assassin if learning that tree starting at level 36 is easy and not a pain. Otherwise I'll just reroll him.

Thanks. Long post I know but anyways, there it is.

Deception assassin has good dps. You may want to go as hybrid deception/madness. I do not play assassin dps, but from my understanding (and someone with more knowledge can add info here) that 0/27/13 tree and/or 2/25/13 tree are best for dps.

Sentinel is one of the strongest dpsers out there. All three trees are valid for PvP, with watchman probably a bit behind combat and focus.

Tanking in PvP in general is pointless unless you have a group. I would defiantly re-spec to dps if I PvP solo.

I play Power Tech, which is the mirror of Vanguard on the imperial side. Pyro tree (which is the tree all the way to the right) does huge overall damage, and is considered the strongest burst. It is considered one of the top dpsers classes. If dps is what you are looking for you may want to give it a try.

I hope the info was useful.

Edited by Ottoattack

Which part of the leveling don't you like? The abilities available at low level play? Sub 50 PvP? (If you are doing PvE: The PvE storylines? PvE quest variety?)

You might already have the answer you were looking for with the above reply, but I think answers to the questions I asked above might help "us" give more info.

Also keep in mind, I guess - based on what I've been reading (haven't downloaded PTS myself because I have a sucky-slow connection)- that end game PvP might change a fair amount with 2.0 that should drop "soon". Actually, come to think of it, so could "leveling PvP", with the new brackets.

If you want a pvp 'toon, you already have three of the best available. The jugger in smash spec and the vanguard in assault (or their mirror classes) are two of the most powerful classes in the game if you want to do a lot of damage and have an impact on your team's performance. The shadow can be about as powerful but will probably take a bit more effort.

Honestly, if you like close fighting and can't have fun on these three classes, you probably won't like pvp in SWTOR. Or...you may find that they're just too easy to play and you're ready for a more challenging class.

At first I thought this might be a troll post when I saw these three classes listed, but it looks like you tried to play them as full tanks and most people don't like tanking in PvP unless they're working/coordinating with friends.

Also, if you're interested in an assassin, it's really the mirror class for your shadow and will play exactly the same....except it will have a much better class story as the consular class story was the absolute worst one in the game. lol

I understand that you want to play the same spec from the beginning but there's really no reason not to try all three specs on a single character. They're all easy to learn. Practice with your daily PvE missions if you need to try it out before entering the WZs.

If you want a pvp 'toon, you already have three of the best available. The jugger in smash spec and the vanguard in assault (or their mirror classes) are two of the most powerful classes in the game if you want to do a lot of damage and have an impact on your team's performance. The shadow can be about as powerful but will probably take a bit more effort.

Honestly, if you like close fighting and can't have fun on these three classes, you probably won't like pvp in SWTOR. Or...you may find that they're just too easy to play and you're ready for a more challenging class.

At first I thought this might be a troll post when I saw these three classes listed, but it looks like you tried to play them as full tanks and most people don't like tanking in PvP unless they're working/coordinating with friends.

Also, if you're interested in an assassin, it's really the mirror class for your shadow and will play exactly the same....except it will have a much better class story as the consular class story was the absolute worst one in the game. lol

I understand that you want to play the same spec from the beginning but there's really no reason not to try all three specs on a single character. They're all easy to learn. Practice with your daily PvE missions if you need to try it out before entering the WZs.

Thanks for the advice. When I said I tanked on my toons, it was always in a PvE setting. I'll just sit down and try and figure out Deception spec on my Assn I think.