Just'd like more room vs new Stronghold.

Deewe

Heard that there's a new Stronghold in the making.

Thing is I don't need a another Stronghold. I'd appreciate more rooms to unlock though.

My main house is on Dromund Kass and it would be nice to have like a few basement even caves rooms and then top of the building a room with a totally transparent roof dome*, plus a terrace of some sort.

So for DK rooms without windows and some with even more, way more.

Some rooms would be used as storage, secret places, or well insanely huge bedrooms or tactical rooms.

(edit) Realized from reading others people posts that players usually settle for one place and it takes much time and credits to furnish a stronghold. So at a point the system might stall as CM sales that have been boosted by the decos. In a way adding new SG might not boot that much the system, considering the work effort involved to do so.

Versus people might be more than willing to open new rooms and get decos for them.

*About the dome/ceiling seen this in game, maybe put windows on the side too and that would be a starter.

Edited by Deewe

Note: dunno for the lift as it removes the direct link between the 2 places.

Guess the player character needs to be able to walk from one of the stronghold room to the new rooms. Otherwise it will be felt as 2 separate places.

(And edited the OP)

While my preference would be a new stronghold in the jungle on Dromund Kaas, I would not object to more rooms added to the KC apartment. The desire for a basement area might be unique to you and not really appealing to other players, but we could at least get it to the scale of the Nar Shaddaa place instead of dismissing it as a cheap starter stronghold.

The thing is, it's SUPPOSED to be the cheap starter stronghold. If you start adding more rooms to it, then suddenly that stronghold will no longer be at 100%. And for those people who just threw things into the "affordable" stronghold just to get the maximum stronghold bonus, well now it'd be forcing them to shell out more credits on expansions and decos to get that maximum bonus back. Don't get me wrong, my DK place is my favorite/main SH that I'd love to have more hooks/room in, but adding onto it does create complications.

Tying stronghold completion to a bonus to conquest point was ridiculous anyway, and my sympathy for people who toss basic metal chairs everywhere and then publicly list it is limited.

It's insulting that two of the strongholds should be designed and promoted as "cheap/starter" anyway, and it doesn't help that the DK apartment is actually smaller than the Coruscant one, and is missing hooks.

I think what the OP and I are looking for is more opportunities for design, which due to the way conquest was weirdly implemented clashes with the desires of people who don't really like the GSH expansion anyway.

The thing is, it's SUPPOSED to be the cheap starter stronghold. If you start adding more rooms to it, then suddenly that stronghold will no longer be at 100%. And for those people who just threw things into the "affordable" stronghold just to get the maximum stronghold bonus, well now it'd be forcing them to shell out more credits on expansions and decos to get that maximum bonus back. Don't get me wrong, my DK place is my favorite/main SH that I'd love to have more hooks/room in, but adding onto it does create complications.

Very good point.

Seems to me the culprit is the completion bonus then.

To mitigate this you can make it so the new rooms don't add % bonus (weird)

Or make a copy of the stronghold with more rooms and allow players to choose which one they want

Revamp the conquest bonus

Add rooms and let players eat it or die

Anyway the completion bonus is just stupid.

I want higher hook caps. I tend to use up all of my available hooks long before I finish decorating the rooms I've unlocked. I pretty much leave stairwells entirely empty, and I'm still often at my limit. If the engine can take it, they could really stand to bump the numbers by at least 10% or so. From BioWare's perspective it would make sense, since more hooks means more credits spent filling them, which means more credits drained from the economy.

Note: dunno for the lift as it removes the direct link between the 2 places.

Guess the player character needs to be able to walk from one of the stronghold room to the new rooms. Otherwise it will be felt as 2 separate places.

(And edited the OP)

You can do without the lift, since you can just use the "exit area" tool on your minimap to bring up the travel menu

I want higher hook caps.

Guess if the players are willing to unlock more hooks with CC only, it would appeal the producer.

First because it would mean more direct income for the game, then as not free players might certainly not overuse the system and hinder the DB and data processing.

You can do without the lift, since you can just use the "exit area" tool on your minimap to bring up the travel menu

Both the lift and exit area are just a UI popup.

What I was trying to say is players might need to see their character walking from their strongholds into the new rooms. As such creating a physical link between both. See how disliked are instanced housing for some players, because they need to relate to the exterior and porting hinder this for some.