Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

EricMusco

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have I missed any information on guild ship cost (even a rough estimate). Small/medium sized guilds probably need to start planning funding events and we we had some idea of how much these things are going to cost we can plan better.

I know an exact number may not be reasonable, but a range maybe reasonable. Sticker shock may not be a good thing when they finally hit.

Additionally, mentioned "guild buffs", any information on that as well?

I agree with this 100%. I was really looking forward to having individual strongholds per character, not account.

I sympathize with this a bit, but worst case scenario I figure my Bounty Hunter will enjoy his personal Tatooine Homestead, my Smuggler will sprawl out in his Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, my Jedi Knight will meditate on Coruscant, and my Inquisitor will cackle maniacally in his Dromund Kaas Stronghold while my Warrior broods menacingly in the corner waiting for the real estate market on Korriban to open up eventually.

I agree with this 100%. I was really looking forward to having individual strongholds per character, not account.

Sorry, I think that's just too much. I don't want to have to mess with this on a per character basis, so I want a single stronghold that will be shared by all my toons. (Or at most, one per faction.) I think legacy wide is the way to go.

We know you will have at least four planets to put strongholds on at launch, meaning you can have 4 set up if you want. Put your agent on Nar Shadaa, and your Warrior on DK. That way you can have individual strongholds for them if you want, while I can have my one shared spot available for use by all 22 characters... :)

Plus I'm guessing additional planets will be coming available on a semi-regular basis, so there should be plenty of options.

We are moving the start date for Subscriber Early Access from June 24th to August 19th in order to deliver to you the most features at the highest level of quality.

:(

This additional time allows us to add:

• Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards

• Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:
    • Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit

• Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously

• Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets

• New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead

• Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds

:eek:

I sympathize with this a bit, but worst case scenario I figure my Bounty Hunter will enjoy his personal Tatooine Homestead, my Smuggler will sprawl out in his Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, my Jedi Knight will meditate on Coruscant, and my Inquisitor will cackle maniacally in his Dromund Kaas Stronghold while my Warrior broods menacingly in the corner waiting for the real estate market on Korriban to open up eventually.

....I can live with this.

Please, no couple of weeks to give us a revamped road map, that's too long.

At the least, really only need to know one thing: When are NEW operations coming?

Original date of June was already a crazy long time to go with no new operations/storyline content, if it's been pushed back even further, really need to know please.

Even if the longer wait is a bit of a bummer I think going this way is smarter in the long run. Staged roll out to subs/pref/f2p yes, but tacking on functionality as we go makes it feel like subs are beta testing on live servers.

Two thumbs up for honesty and for the features being added. Sounds exciting!

So what you mean is that I have to buy one more month of subscription if I want to have early access. I thought that it was what I bought with this month of subscription. Don't you think you're removing something that i already bought?

So what you mean is that I have to buy one more month of subscription if I want to have early access. I thought that it was what I bought with this month of subscription. Don't you think you're removing something that i already bought?

You bought a month's access to the game and you still have that.

Anything else that you've perceived as being bought is your own perception and only your perception.

....I can live with this.

You can buy additional strongholds so this isn't an issue , well it is a monetary issue but if you can afford it . You can then have a sith based stronghold and an additional stronghold for another type/ race. Also you can visit each of your strongholds so all is well.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I just wanted to pop in to say:

SEE ERIC AND BIOWARE!

TRANSPARENCY ISN'T A BAD THING!

Seriously, we don't bite - much. :p

Just be more transparent, and we can take it, including news of the pushback, but with actual further details as to why.

This is all around a net positive - learn from this and be more open in the future!!! :D

You can buy additional strongholds so this isn't an issue , well it is a monetary issue but if you can afford it . You can then have a sith based stronghold and an additional stronghold for another type/ race. Also you can visit each of your strongholds so all is well.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Yeah, when he explained the options, I realized that I could give one Stronghold to each of my three main chars and my SW will simply sit on the side until they open up a 4th planet to use.

So color me placated.

Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.
My guild is too small for it to matter, but I still have to say thank you for that. It sounded like PvP and it is annoying how few things lately have been for PvE.

Also a question. While I'm sure details are not firm do you expect that smaller guilds are going to have issues trying to get a guild ship. Huge price, steep upkeep, or anything like that?

I know it has been asked so I just want to confirm, Nightmare Dread Palace will still be coming in Game Update 2.8. Again, we will talk about what else is coming in Bruce's Roadmap. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about that!

-eric

Maybe I missed it somewhere but is there any sort of estimate on when this roadmap will be coming out?

I just wanted to pop in to say:

SEE ERIC AND BIOWARE!

TRANSPARENCY ISN'T A BAD THING!

Seriously, we don't bite - much. :p

Just be more transparent, and we can take it, including news of the pushback, but with actual further details as to why.

This is all around a net positive - learn from this and be more open in the future!!! :D

Absolutely agreed! I love how understanding players will be when told the truth!

I am curious though...does this pushback delay the expected release of new Ops around August as well? I'm fine with it being pushed back...but delaying badly needed group content another 2 months would be bad...I hope that's not the case!

Maybe I missed it somewhere but is there any sort of estimate on when this roadmap will be coming out?

easily lost in the shuffle:

Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric