SOLUTIONS: what to do about cartel items becoming a storage nightmare?

Currently, cartel items are not vendor-saleable, and the fact is that for the player-to-player market, most items are so common they're not worth the trouble to try to sell because no one else wants them either. Since a player's only options for unwanted items are store, destroy, or try to sell to other players, many of us have either had to destroy items or have come to have a storage problem. I think it's not a reasonable solution to expect players to simply destroy items they used cartel coins (often at the cost of real money) to buy in the first place. So, I have a couple of ideas that might help:

1. Create a cartel item recycler. Details can be worked out, but the basic idea would be a function box where you put in multiple cartel items, hit a button, and it gives you a random cartel item. The idea would be that players could recycle unwanted items for a chance at items with greater value or utility. This would free up inventory space, reduce the glut of some items on the player market, and frankly, create a fun little gamble for those of us with 5 toons each with five full vaults of disused cartel junk. This has been done in other games - for instance, in Star Wars Galaxies, we had the Sarlaac in a barrel thing that you could feed collections items to for five days in a row, and get a random item out. It was a great way to keep down the clutter without asking people to eat a complete loss by destroying unwanted things.

2. Give us the ability to crate full armor sets that we have all the loose pieces for. I also collect full sets of armor that I store in one of my ton's vaults. At this point, it's pretty full. But the crates that sometimes drop take up fewer slots, if you have crated items rather than loose items. If we were able to crate those loose items into complete armor set boxes, we'd save a lot of space, and it'd be a useful market option for players to sell whole sets rather than piecemeal.

1. Stop gambling and buy off GTN. That way you`ll never have unused stuff.

2. Buy the missing pieces off GTN or a whole set box.

It seems to me like you are just trying to change the system because you failed to use the current one efficiently.

Edited by Styxx

It seems to me like you are just trying to change the system because you failed to use the current one efficiently.

Well, then your assessment is inaccurate. No matter how quickly you get to the point of having full vaults, it's an issue with the cartel items themselves. And frankly, I don't think Bioware would agree that ceasing to buy the packs is a solution. But thank you for underlining the point: I no longer buy packs for exactly this reason. I have enough cash to buy the items I want, and I can't find storage room for the rest of it. So, there ya go, BW, another reason to see this as an issue that needs a solution: without one, we're less inclined to buy packs at all.

Edited by Jedi_Thran_Kuro

Nothing in my life stopped me from getting what I want when I want it.

Now, be a good boy and be honest with us all - you are not buying because you don`t want to buy, not because space is an issue.

IF space would be an issue, you would simply buy MORE space, or make a new toon that would act as a "mule" and send unbound stuff over there, making use of an additional inventory + whatever storage tabs it might have unlocked. Or simply destroy crap items, as you previously suggested.

Char slots are 300 - 500k = for those money you can buy about 8 rows or whatever is the last before the 100k expand for the player inventory, plus you get one free storage AND a 40k new one at lvl 20. A cheap way of getting two full storage tabs AND an inventory if you`d ask me. Repeat for as many times as you need, especially with Legacy storage coming. Cap your max toons per server and buy on all the extra tab, then buy one legacy extra for the 1050 CC or whatever it is, so you will have 16 or 22, whatever the max is extra cargo slots - might want to ask around if the legacy slot does what I think it does - unlocks one extra on ALL the toons in one legacy - never personally used it, so I can`t be 100% sure.

OR you could come clean and say it: "I can`t make money off CM stuff because too many are trying it and anything minus the rares is dirt cheap, so I want extras". I`m afraid you`ll just have to invest more money into CM packs, in the hope that you can finally get THAT particular belt.

Edited by Styxx

Nothing in my life stopped me from getting what I want when I want it.

Now, be a good boy and be honest with us all - you are not buying because you don`t want to buy, not because space is an issue.

IF space would be an issue, you would simply buy MORE space, or make a new toon that would act as a "mule" and send unbound stuff over there, making use of an additional inventory + whatever storage tabs it might have unlocked. Or simply destroy crap items, as you previously suggested.

Char slots are 300 - 500k = for those money you can buy about 8 rows or whatever is the last before the 100k expand for the player inventory, plus you get one free storage AND a 40k new one at lvl 20. A cheap way of getting two full storage tabs AND an inventory if you`d ask me. Repeat for as many times as you need, especially with Legacy storage coming. Cap your max toons per server and buy on all the extra tab, then buy one legacy extra for the 1050 CC or whatever it is, so you will have 16 or 22, whatever the max is extra cargo slots - might want to ask around if the legacy slot does what I think it does - unlocks one extra on ALL the toons in one legacy - never personally used it, so I can`t be 100% sure.

OR you could come clean and say it: "I can`t make money off CM stuff because too many are trying it and anything minus the rares is dirt cheap, so I want extras". I`m afraid you`ll just have to invest more money into CM packs, in the hope that you can finally get THAT particular belt.

I have 16 toons with all the vault space and all the inventory space unlocked. Have done for ages. The simple fact is buying packs generates a lot more space-consuming garbage than anything worth having, and I think it would be a benefit to players to be able to use the garbage they end up pulling out of packs for something besides destruction. You disagree, and that's fine. But your presumptions about what I'm interested are silly, and yet, I can't imagine how they're self-serving, since my problems and proposed solutions don't affect you in the slightest. So, I'll chalk them up to the ravings of a petty man who thinks his opinion about his fantasies is of profound interest to those he projects them upon.

Maybe you should come clean and admit that your aggressive and judgmental behaviors here are an attempt to create for yourself a feeling of importance and influence in the face of what is likely an infuriatingly pedestrian existence, devoid of meaning, and subject to the whims of those more powerful than you? It's just a guess, and I hope an inaccurate one. But if so, one has to wonder why all the nastiness about something that couldn't possibly affect your ability to play the game the way you prefer. Nevermind, I leave that to you and the mental health professional you should be seeing. :)

Styxx, we can't use your solution. Your solution is to stop buying. Then there is nothing to buy on the GTN. Bioware's answer would most definitely not be "stop buying" so I'm sure they could come up with something that took multiple pieces to roll for another piece, or something.

Otherwise, OP... you just have to man up and sell them for 1k-20k each and make like a bandit at 300k for 20 items :p

I have this same problem of ridiculous storage used up due to hypercrates. You're welcome everybody, I funded the next expansion.

Edited by undiess

Styxx, we can't use your solution. Your solution is to stop buying. Then there is nothing to buy on the GTN. Bioware's answer would most definitely not be "stop buying" so I'm sure they could come up with something that took multiple pieces to roll for another piece, or something.

Otherwise, OP... you just have to man up and sell them for 1k-20k each and make like a bandit at 300k for 20 items :p

I have this same problem of ridiculous storage used up due to hypercrates. You're welcome everybody, I funded the next expansion.

There will always be people that will buy. You are just slightly pissed, or, rather, OP is, so he is throwing hissy-fits, maybe big bad Bioware wolf will get scared. Since its entire philosophy is gambling for rares, this is unlikely to change, as the rare drops ARE the reason everyone and their mother are buying crates. It is, of course, to be expected that people will end up with multiple duds that they can sell for nothing. Next time buy only the black / black dyes, since those have a sure value, if you want SURE revenue and gamble less. See? You brought it onto yourself. You gambled your money in the hope of that 10 mil mount or 4 mil crystal, instead of buying sure dyes that sell at 3 mil a pop.

My solution is stop gambling. There are plenty of solutions of getting sure revenue.

You see, if you and OP stop buying, I`m sure those 80 mils will drop to zero in a blink of an eye.

As for thank you`s... I paid RoTHC at its 10 bucks price as preorder and I AM paying my 15, which are actually 18, since BW has a funny way of converting dollars into euro, so you are slightly mistaken about your place in the world - as far as my money are concerned, anyway. Maybe the freeloaders should thank you, but they can`t post in here.

Edited by Styxx

If the items r bound, u should just destroy them. U don't need 2 worry about not having them later, because of how the Collections work, and if they r not bound, stick them on the GTN. If u r trying 2 complete an armour set in order 2 add it 2 ur collection, then buy 1 hypercrate, sell the items u don't need, then buy the items u do on GTN. If u r constantly buying hypercrates or single packs then of course ur inventory/storage space is going 2 run out.

And 2 Styxx, the legacy unlock on storage space does indeed apply 2 all toons, I never have 2 purchase extra rows in my inventory, and I currently have several bays in my storage locker, even when creating a new toon.:)

this and the rest of your ramblings are just plain stupid, if everyone who saw this decided to follow your advice tell me how would u buy those cartell items off the GTN?

this and the rest of your ramblings are just plain stupid, if everyone who saw this decided to follow your advice tell me how would u buy those cartell items off the GTN?

Don`t be silly. There will ALWAYS be someone that will gamble. I offered a sure way of converting real cash into ingame cash, via known and non-devaluating items, like the rare dyes. Not my fault you or others get greedy then end up with lots and lots of stuff that doesn`t sell well and you can`t simply destroy or sell at 1000 credits.

Now, be smart and invest in 50 black and black dyes - those still sell at 3 mils a pop. Or rare weapons, like the assault cannon Dorn and sit on it for 1 year, then sell at 1 mil, just as the folks that sell DLA`s and Holo Snipers. Those were dirt cheap back in the day. No need for storage neither, as you get free 50 or whatever places on the GTN for your stuff.

Keep telling yourself is somebody else`s fault now.

Maybe you should come clean and admit that your aggressive and judgmental behaviors here are an attempt to create for yourself a feeling of importance and influence in the face of what is likely an infuriatingly pedestrian existence, devoid of meaning, and subject to the whims of those more powerful than you? It's just a guess, and I hope an inaccurate one. But if so, one has to wonder why all the nastiness about something that couldn't possibly affect your ability to play the game the way you prefer. Nevermind, I leave that to you and the mental health professional you should be seeing. :)

I am not the one asking to cheat the system because I`m stupid. Because you DID and still DO have the option to invest in sure revenue, like the CM things that never go down in price - rare dyes, renames, whatever you can find on the GTN that never goes too far down and you can buy DIRECTLY. That way you achieve 2 things:

1. Have a sure and predictable CC to credits ratio AND ensure you keep minimum things on sale - using the GTN as a storage + your own for things that will go on sale.

2. Keep your inventory to a minimum, as you don`t end up with 7 items, from which 5 are duplicates per each pack open.

SO, you gambled, or brought it onto yourself and now you want Bioware to save you? Maybe you should have saved yourself. You still can - destroy the ones you don`t need / want or sell for 1k a pop. You had, have and will have multiple choices. Not my fault you refuse to use them.

As for the red text, I`ll tell you why. You are part of the "GimmeGimmeGimme" crowd, that can`t think for **** and wants game mechanics tailored for their needs, even if they could have avoided their situation entirely with a bit of thinking before doing. And the man hours dedicated to a potential solution to a problem that doesn`t exist past the user stupidity, or the second it takes for someone to read your idea - could be used towards ACTUAL PROBLEMS, like the changing instances bug that is only in the game since launch, or fixing the big butt bug that was fixed before once and it resurfaced, or fix the reflection on Cybernetic 512, or fixing the very actual and real bugs this game has, even on PAID content, like CM items.

Because, each time I change instance to join a Heroic or my group, I am thinking of the diverted resources to some idiot idea, instead of being forced to relog each time I switch instances. SO, I will shoot as many holes in any idea I think it`s stupid, in the hope that it never sees the light of day.

Edited by Styxx