What the next Star Wars mmo needs

Sarfux

More Sandbox. A sandbox done right. We need 20 plus planets that are ALL fully questable. Not this level bracket disappointment. We need to have OUR story, not stories that are made for us. There needs to be animal mounts, beast training, lots of species, lots of different classes, variety. That's what Star Wars is. Along with action to!

There needs to be minigames, housing complexes on every planet somewhere. There needs to be places able to sit, customization options in the game for your character so you can get a haircut or something. It needs to be done by a company who cares. Not just out to beat wow or get money. It needs to be done right. Not by copying a previous model. We are in the Star Wars galaxy. Make it like we are. We want to live our own adventures and make our own Legacy and story. Or ...if we don't want a story or don't want a Legacy we won't be forced into doing so.

That's what needs to be in the next Star Wars mmo. Take some risks :) Do it right. Take the time you need. Don't be greedy. Thanks for your time.

you dont understand....swg sucked for me :) Why would I want SWG again? Did you not read?

umm Sarfux, but you notice pretty much everything you described was in SWG.

Why did it suck for you? Well the graphics were 2003 ugly and the game was generally rather buggy, but the concept was awesome. I´d love to see a completely revamped SWG 2.0

I hope you aren't too offended by this Sarfux, but you are one of the most peculiar posters on these boards. Your opinions on TOR are all over the place. You seem to go from satisfaction to disappointment and back to satisfaction on a weekly basis. I'm not having a go and I often enjoy your posts. You are quite puzzling to me however... :D

More on topic: what you want sounds like SWG. If that game didn't do anything for you as you say, then maybe what you mention in your op is not really what you want afterall? :)

More Sandbox. A sandbox done right. We need 20 plus planets that are ALL fully questable. Not this level bracket disappointment. We need to have OUR story, not stories that are made for us. There needs to be animal mounts, beast training, lots of species, lots of different classes, variety. That's what Star Wars is. Along with action to!

There needs to be minigames, housing complexes on every planet somewhere. There needs to be places able to sit, customization options in the game for your character so you can get a haircut or something. It needs to be done by a company who cares. Not just out to beat wow or get money. It needs to be done right. Not by copying a previous model. We are in the Star Wars galaxy. Make it like we are. We want to live our own adventures and make our own Legacy and story. Or ...if we don't want a story or don't want a Legacy we won't be forced into doing so.

That's what needs to be in the next Star Wars mmo. Take some risks :) Do it right. Take the time you need. Don't be greedy. Thanks for your time.

As others have stated, SWG had those elements. TOR meets SWG would pretty much do the trick.

This mmo still has a lot of potential, but if they're unable to pick themselves off of the floor, this game will serve as a notification to most, along with SWG, to stay away from a Star Wars model.

Edited by Pirana

yea SW has the initial sell because of IP, but also a lot of expectations to meet

if we removed all SW material from this game , it would have flopped really bad

i mean "pack our bags and get out of town" bad

and that is very disappointing from such experienced developers

this is what i think happened:

EA : we need to get rid of the compettion,,BW makes good games,, theyre next

lets pull a mussolini on them, we have the cashpower to back us up

EA to BW: lets make a great SW MMO together, with your experience , and our money,,how can it fail?

BW: sounds great, we can make a lot of money together,,maybe even go for the big one

later

EA: where is our game? investors want their money now

BW: it isnt done yet,, it takes a very long time to make a great game

EA:finish and deliver or we pull the plug

this is only speculation, but i see a JR Ewing sitting somewhere