Why was this labelled as underpowered?

Epicopter

I'm just curious why the Marauder got labelled as underpowered and broken all throughout beta and people are still under the impression that they are bad class?

I think they are the strongest class in the game. They do immense melee damage, then they add bleeds ontop of that, they have amazing group utility with the buffs they provide, they have several interrupts and on top of that they have the best defensive cooldowns outside of a tank spec so they are extremely difficult to kill.

I'm just wondering why people thought they were ever underpowered or even continue to think they are?

Maybe at low levels?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauders are not underpowered but lack survivability outside of the anni tree whilst lvling. We have great 50 PvP assuming you are not carnage :p As for great buffs we have our Sith warrior buff then a high cd group buff, anything besides an anni marauder will have only one bleed which is only worth using in the anni tree.

All in all Marauders are not underpowered but could use some tweaking here and there like any other class.

Edited by Saberunna

I'm just curious why the Marauder got labelled as underpowered and broken all throughout beta and people are still under the impression that they are bad class?

I think they are the strongest class in the game. They do immense melee damage, then they add bleeds ontop of that, they have amazing group utility with the buffs they provide, they have several interrupts and on top of that they have the best defensive cooldowns outside of a tank spec so they are extremely difficult to kill.

I'm just wondering why people thought they were ever underpowered or even continue to think they are?

Maybe at low levels?

Every time rogue base QQ in wow forums they had buff.

We need do the same. Now delete this thread, edit messages guys.

This is not the thread You are looking for peoples. Move along.

This. As long as 95% of the playerbase are ************ about Ops, Sorcs, and TRACERLOL, Marauders will dodge the nerfbat.

It's funny because I don't find Sorcs and Mercs OP at all, yes, they do a lot of damage if you leave them sitting there and spamming their attacks but if you get on them they can't do much at all.

Ops opener is very annoying but after that you can just squash them.

Class can be kited and stunlocked and virtually destroyed by any other class unless you have a healer dedicated to you..

every other class has range and ways to CC you while we have none.

Force Pull was removed from us in beta as was the 30M saber throw.

also the class is MUCh too squishy while soloing or raiding in PVE and dont bring enough to the table in a game tuned for range DPS.

Boss mechanics favor ranged DPS and punish melee DPS..

the entire game is tuned agaisnt the 2 melee ACs.. and we need ways to deal with it.

if you think the Mar is fine.. go play ANY range class to 50 and tell me they are not 100% easier to play and much more powerful..

we need some love.. the damage is GREAT.. IF.. you can deliver it..

if you think the Mar is fine.. go play ANY range class to 50 and tell me they are not 100% easier to play and much more powerful..

I rolled a sorc, I deleted my sorc.

Marauders are sexy, just because you cannot roll your face on your keyboard and expect to win doesn't mean a class is bad. The only thing we are missing are hoods.

Guys, seriously we need to rage more about the hoods.

Class can be kited and stunlocked and virtually destroyed by any other class unless you have a healer dedicated to you..

every other class has range and ways to CC you while we have none.

Force Pull was removed from us in beta as was the 30M saber throw.

also the class is MUCh too squishy while soloing or raiding in PVE and dont bring enough to the table in a game tuned for range DPS.

Boss mechanics favor ranged DPS and punish melee DPS..

the entire game is tuned agaisnt the 2 melee ACs.. and we need ways to deal with it.

we need some love.. the damage is GREAT.. IF.. you can deliver it..

This. 100% this.

Im getting tired of people claiming the class is fine when clearly they have not either A. Hit 50 yet, or B. Played enough to realize how much of a struggle the class really is. or C Dont even play the class and are just here to troll.

I love my class, and i greatly enjoy the design behind it, but having these inherent flaws only make it that much more undesirable to play. Its definitely true any other class in the game by representation are better in almost every way.

example. Operative / scoundrel. I dont think anyone who has played high level. or 30+ for that matter will need any more information. (i lol'd at the guy who said once they do their knock down they can be dealt with. Were usually dead by the time they're done with us. doesnt matter what gear your wearing.)

Anyway im done ranting. Class needs to be looked at but i think bioware has some more pressing matters ahead understandably so.

I've re-spec'd countless times to a point where it is getting a little pricey now, but I'm finally happy with my set up. I'm sure I could do some re-tuning still but the key is generating the rage to supply you with big moves.

I've finally found my combo last night. I went 30-1 1st game 25-6, 32-2 in pvp at level 38. The funnier part, local trolls were calling me noob for even pvp'ing at that level. :cool:

Can't wait till 50.

Edited by Darkraid

This. 100% this.

Im getting tired of people claiming the class is fine when clearly they have not either A. Hit 50 yet, or B. Played enough to realize how much of a struggle the class really is. or C Dont even play the class and are just here to troll.

I love my class, and i greatly enjoy the design behind it, but having these inherent flaws only make it that much more undesirable to play. Its definitely true any other class in the game by representation are better in almost every way.

example. Operative / scoundrel. I dont think anyone who has played high level. or 30+ for that matter will need any more information. (i lol'd at the guy who said once they do their knock down they can be dealt with. Were usually dead by the time they're done with us. doesnt matter what gear your wearing.)

Anyway im done ranting. Class needs to be looked at but i think bioware has some more pressing matters ahead understandably so.

for me marauder is the easiest way to deal with freakin OPs.

Neither my Vangaurd nor my Guardian have such an easy game vs OPs.

for me marauder is the easiest way to deal with freakin OPs.

Neither my Vangaurd nor my Guardian have such an easy game vs OPs.

Absolutely agree with this. They knock you and kill you while you are lying. It's very easy to do!

my ONLY complaint with my 46 marauder is we are too squishy, even with our 2 defensive abilities. Some solo encounters in class quests and certain other quests I've sometime struggled with. I love everything about this class, i just wish we didn't die so quickly. Same in pvp, it's just stun locked and burned or when we try to kill an enemy they just stun and slow us and easily get away

Problem is that Immense Melee Damage isn't at the moment greater then Immense Range Damage and the bleeds are only really for Annihilator spec, sure the class as a whole gets rupture but rupture alone isn't all that impressive and our AoE buffs are Fury based which takes time to build up (with the exception of the level 50 ability).

Best defensive cooldowns outside of a tank spec? not really, considering that CCs protect against far more damage over time and that our defensives are not as effective as Static Barriers what is like giving a character +20%~+30% HP of their maximum HP and recast-able every 30 seconds on a target which of course is used by a non-tanking class with a couple of CCs at hand.

Edited by nonumbers

Problem is that Immense Melee Damage isn't at the moment greater then Immense Range Damage and the bleeds are only really for Annihilator spec, sure the class as a whole gets rupture but rupture alone isn't all that impressive and our AoE buffs are Fury based which takes time to build up (with the exception of the level 50 ability).

Best defensive cooldowns outside of a tank spec? not really, considering that CCs protect against far more damage over time and that our defensives are not as effective as Static Barriers what is like giving a character +20%~+30% HP of their maximum HP and recast-able every 30 seconds on a target which of course is used by a non-tanking class with a couple of CCs at hand.

the thing is if you cannot graps the fact that melee is fin for some people and in NO MMO has melee just been better damage then range then you will NEVER EVER grasp why people are melee.

If you think being melee should mean you do more damage then you thinking is very wrong. Melee in EVERY mmo has been harder to play because of melee, people do it because its fun for them, if you want to be over powered for playing something then go to another game but this simply is not a game for you.

the thing is if you cannot graps the fact that melee is fin for some people and in NO MMO has melee just been better damage then range then you will NEVER EVER grasp why people are melee.

If you think being melee should mean you do more damage then you thinking is very wrong. Melee in EVERY mmo has been harder to play because of melee, people do it because its fun for them, if you want to be over powered for playing something then go to another game but this simply is not a game for you.

Except DKs...and rogues....and warriors in wow

Edited by youwillburn

Marauders are sexy, just because you cannot roll your face on your keyboard and expect to win doesn't mean a class is bad. The only thing we are missing are hoods.

hoods?, you mean the robe hoods.

I love the class and think most of its problems aren't in fact problems with the class itself per-se but more infact problems created by other classes having too many/too good tools, UI failures and resolve seeming to me to be bugged as hell or not functioning how it really should.

Anyone who thinks melee classes shouldn't do more damage given 100% time on target than range is just stupid. Its required for balance. In PvE if you can spend 60% of your time actually dpsing the target as melee its a melee friendly fight. And in PvP your time on target can be much lower if the person your fighting is any good and especially if they get some help.

It therefore makes sense that in order for all clases to put out dps thats within 5% of each other (a stated goal for bioware) melee DPS classes need to put out 30% greater damage than ranged dps given 100% time on target, because 100% time on target fights are super super rare for melee. The great majority of fights across all games for range dps are 85%+ time on target with only occasional movement and a much faster "switch" time for any adds that happen to spawn (and most range classes have at least 1 or 2 "fillers" they can use on the move so they don't lose heaps of dps if they do have to move).

Too too many games seem to get this wrong and it frustrates the hell out of me how so many Devs and many of the players cannot seem to grasp this simple fact that should be plain as day. If a ranged dps puts out damage that is only 5% below a melee dps (given 100% uptime on target) then the reward for playing a melee dps is extremely small and generally range will be more sought after for ease of getting through content.

If a range dps can put out 5% more damage than a melee dps class (100% time on target) then there is no point to having melee in the game at all and everyone should roll the ranged class, especially when the ranged class provides more CC/utility than the melee.

Except DKs...and rogues....and warriors in wow

Feral druid in Cataclysm was and still is, by far, the most ridiculously OP and easy to play class I have seen in any MMO with only the possible exception of Aion Assassins (when that game was still alive.) Ferals are better than all of those classes combined :csw_jabba:

I fully endorse this post. The only thing I'd want as a Marauder is Force Push for baseline Warrior\Knight skill. No matter how gimmicky it may seem, it's actually a very useful skill, if you pay attention to your environment.

the most ridiculously OP and easy to play class I have seen in any MMO with only the possible exception of Aion Assassins (when that game was still alive.)

At release Aion assasins were decently good but required a lucky poison proc (and also luck for all their stuns to actually stun you) on the first or second hit to kill you in the abyss. Shortly after release they made it so you could still take off while poisoned and assasins became fkn useless in abyss pvp. All you had to do to beat them was hit the fly button and continue your normal rotation, being sure to turn off/not activate your auto attack if a caster. Sorcs were OP as hell, and rangers were pretty beast too.

Also have you ever seen bright wizzards from war? That was by far the most OP class I have ever seen.

Maybe at low levels?

Like in every other mmo, the warrior class is extremly gear dependant, so if you gear up YOU MELT FACES FAST!

i LOVE my marauder, a cc immunity after being ccéd is all i want...and a black hooded robe...and revan´s mask. Love annihilation mara. in pvp is just too deadly.

Feral druid in Cataclysm was and still is, by far, the most ridiculously OP and easy to play class I have seen in any MMO with only the possible exception of Aion Assassins (when that game was still alive.) Ferals are better than all of those classes combined :csw_jabba:

That's cause feral druid was not even an option til right before the burning crusade. :D