PvP Optimization (Accuracy, Crit & Surge Rating)

-Mythix-

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h105/Jrisley69/Screenshot_2013-01-13_12_31_56_609375_zpsd80a2d06.jpg

For those of you asking me what my character sheet looked like. I was wrong about my tech damage, was going from memory and thought it was 980ish but was actually 930ish. All my other stats are pretty close to where i said they were.

Edited by Jadenn

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h105/Jrisley69/Screenshot_2013-01-13_12_31_56_609375_zpsd80a2d06.jpg

For those of you asking me what my character sheet looked like. I was wrong about my tech damage, was going from memory and thought it was 980ish but was actually 930ish. All my other stats are pretty close to where i said they were.

hey jaiden

can u share your gear?

This is all my gear as i'm wearing it at this moment inputted into MR. Robot. Took me awhile to do it. I'm a little confused though as the character sheet on my screen differs slightly with the values that mr. robot came up with. But it isn't by much. Keep in mind i'm still in the slow process of upgrading my sniper gear. I'm literally buying elite war hero pieces specifically for just a mod or enhancement as all my current mods/enhancements have been ripped from various sets over the last few months as i was building this toon. Enjoy:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/29e16b7a-b3bf-4e55-a9bc-bc2f0b20b1ee

I'd say just get your crit up some more, 35+ is good imo. Snipers do their best burst with a high crit chance. You can increase your power as well. I notice you run engineering, if need be, just use the mods and enhancements i've got as a roadmap to increase your stats. Don't forget about datacrons as well. take a few days to grab all the Aim, Cunning, and endurance ones. The total of those is almost equal to another piece or 2 of gear.

I'd say just get your crit up some more, 35+ is good imo. Snipers do their best burst with a high crit chance. You can increase your power as well. I notice you run engineering, if need be, just use the mods and enhancements i've got as a roadmap to increase your stats. Don't forget about datacrons as well. take a few days to grab all the Aim, Cunning, and endurance ones. The total of those is almost equal to another piece or 2 of gear.

thanks. Maybe I should switch out my power/surge implants and earpiece for crit

Is there a reason to go for the higher cunning mods with the lower endurance enhancements? Is it a better stats return overall? Is it for more dps? Or is it just cheaper to min/max that way?

Edited by durvas

This is just a personal choice for me, but i see the cunning increase through the 9% bonus from the engineering tree as a bit of an extra boost. Plus the critical increase that each point of cunning brings helps with not sacrificing power mods/enhancements for critical ones. The high endurance from the mods makes up for the low endurance from the enhancements but those enhancements also bring the +40ish power to the table. Edited by Jadenn

This is all my gear as i'm wearing it at this moment inputted into MR. Robot. Took me awhile to do it. I'm a little confused though as the character sheet on my screen differs slightly with the values that mr. robot came up with. But it isn't by much. Keep in mind i'm still in the slow process of upgrading my sniper gear. I'm literally buying elite war hero pieces specifically for just a mod or enhancement as all my current mods/enhancements have been ripped from various sets over the last few months as i was building this toon. Enjoy:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/29e16b7a-b3bf-4e55-a9bc-bc2f0b20b1ee

Thoughts are as to what is Best in Slot? Or what is BiS for what stats? For example, you want to stacking Cunning use ____ mod but if you want to stack Power use ____ mod. I'm particularly interested in WH as opposed to EWH components since I want to min/max in WH before starting the EWH grind.

What is War Hero BiS for:

--Cunning

--Accuracy

--Power

--Crit rating

--Surge

A related question: When a particular WH mod is BiS, does that mean that the EWH of the same slot or similar name is BiS in EWH?

I updated my profile. Instead of crit implants/earpiece, I tried getting my crit t through mods and battle enhance

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/02d778680-4bee-a618-af65dd522d00

Keep in mind, i went for a balance of stats over just stacking one particular. I go for high cunning/endurance mods for the fact that cunning also effects damage as well as boosts crit. Then you get the 9% bonus to cunning through skill points for some more added points. Running a skill stim be it exotech or rakata if you are biochem is a significant boost as well. By doing this, i don't have to have as much crit mods/enhancements in my gear so i can stack more power. Accuracy is boosted through the 3% accuracy skills in our trees as well as taking the 3% crit boost in the skill trees. Again, i can't stress it enough, but go for all the aim/cunning/endurance datacrons. These equate to 40 Aim, 40 endurance and 40 cunning. The big one to get is the +10 to all stats datacron on the fleet.

Keep in mind, i went for a balance of stats over just stacking one particular.

Oh I see. I went for as little endurance as possible while maxing damage. I aimed for about 35% crit and then stacked power. As far as I can tell, you get a choice between crit/power and surge/accuracy, since the lowest endurance mods are crit vs power and the lowest endurance enh are crit+surge, accuracy+power, accuracy+crit, surge+power. So I balanced surge/accuracy, hit 35% crit, and rest power.

• 2 weeks later...
you only need 95% accuracy. The only thing 100% will help with is tanks, in which case you need to use illegal mods to help anyways, and unless you are lethality, you should be leaving tanks alone. Freeing up that 5% of accuracy will net you a lot more power/surge from the enhancements you can change.

You know, as a new 50, I thought this guy would be full of crap, but I've experimented with reduced accuracy over the past couple weeks. Now admittedly, this is 95% normals. Most guilds don't have multiple consistent ranked teams, and each team just takes one sniper.

However, I've personally found my own 'sweetspot' for accuracy around 98%. I think my accuracy is 97.7%or something. It's basically just two accuracy enhancements.

I've taken it closer to 95% but after a few days it just didn't 'feel' right to me. When I dropped from 100.5 to 97.76 I definitely noticed an overall damage increase, but really didn't notice more misses. This lets you cut down medium and light armor classes a bit faster which generally is what I focus on.

I'm not going to try talking you guys down off of your chosen accuracy level, just wanted to add my insight over the past 3-4 weeks.

Oh I see. I went for as little endurance as possible while maxing damage. I aimed for about 35% crit and then stacked power. As far as I can tell, you get a choice between crit/power and surge/accuracy, since the lowest endurance mods are crit vs power and the lowest endurance enh are crit+surge, accuracy+power, accuracy+crit, surge+power. So I balanced surge/accuracy, hit 35% crit, and rest power.

I've done the same thing. With endurance buff I'm right at of 19k health (19058, I think). I didn't want to sacrifice expertise for damage increase, so opted to go this way.

Edited by islander