Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a piece of Armor, Yes it may need sorting but let them sort the proper bugs out first instead of complaining about something which is purely Cosmetic this is getting very old now

Its more than a piece of armor, its an insult to players on how long it takes them to fix simple things, and accurately. And they shrugged off a legitimate bug I have proven with screenshots as a "Not a bug"

It's a piece of armor for the main character that originated the series of which this game is based, headlined a highly successful award-winning and critically acclaimed game in his own right, won the fan pole to get an action figure made, has a miniature figurine, a bust, his own novel, and cameos in a comic series also spun-off of his computer game. His action figure goes for crazy prices, his KotoR Campaign Guide RPG book goes for ridiculous prices. And his miniature goes for ridiculous prices.

That's all to say, it's a piece of armor of arguably one of the most popular Star Wars characters of recent times.

You'd think of all the things they could possibly screw up, Revan's KotR armor would not be one of them.

(font returned to sane size)

THATS NOT THE CASE. LOOK.

Revan's BLACK Robes before they were bugged to light grey in BETA- pre 1.6.1

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

After 1.6.1's Light Grey Bug to now 2.2.1

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ptorx5.jpg

SAME LIGHTING, BT and Sex and Class. Different patch times.

The bug affected the entire set, not the top back before 1.6.1 The primary was BLACK. before that patch. Not to be a jerk, Eric, but pictures are worth a thousand words and I took several.

Between the two pictures linked, there is clearly a difference in the brightness and/or contrast settings. You can see this easily by looking at the lights on the ceiling behind the character.

(font returned to sane size)

Between the two pictures linked, there is clearly a difference in the brightness and/or contrast settings. You can see this easily by looking at the lights on the ceiling behind the character.

Then by all means, set your settings to the one thats black. You wont be able to replicate it at all because the color was changed in 1.6.1. It still wont be the same. Instead of saying Oh hey, look, Bloom is not on in this picture. How about you replicate it, and prove me wrong.

Look, both have the same graphics, in a bright lit room, republic side, Telos Jedi Prisoner Quest Conclusion.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2lvehc7.jpg Pre patch 1.6.1 black robes. Frozen from a Youtube image.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/35bxmv9.jpg Post patch 1.6.1 Light Grey Robes. Recently taken.

Edited by Magnusheart

Posting this again, since you guys didn't bother addressing it the first time...

It's a matter of preference, not correctness. They can't be "wrong" in making an armor the color they want it to be. If there isn't a bug present, then you guys are just complaining that it's not the color you prefer. What about people that prefer the color the way it is atm? Should we start having votes on what color every piece of armor in the game should be? (they would all be black)

I am for allowing dyes on lore items. I am for fixing other BUGS (like the double-hood still present on the Investigator's Robe). I am not for BioWare changing the color of item(s) just because a group of players don't like it the way it is. That's the whole point of the dye system.

Well at least Revan's chestpiece looks the same as the one Revan wears.

But yes, the black is clearly not black, it's easier to compare it to something which is black by nature like the Phantom chestpiece, then you'll clearly see the difference.

Interesting note, but a little off-topic: When wearing a Phantom chestpiece with, say a Bastila Shan's leggings, with 'unify colors' enabled ofcourse, the leggings are blacker then when you insert a Black-Black dye module in the chestpiece... It might be connected somehow, but it might not as well.

Nevertheless good luck with getting Bioware to fix both Revan's set and the set Revan himself wears!

Well at least Revan's chestpiece looks the same as the one Revan wears.

But yes, the black is clearly not black, it's easier to compare it to something which is black by nature like the Phantom chestpiece, then you'll clearly see the difference.

Interesting note, but a little off-topic: When wearing a Phantom chestpiece with, say a Bastila Shan's leggings, with 'unify colors' enabled ofcourse, the leggings are blacker then when you insert a Black-Black dye module in the chestpiece... It might be connected somehow, but it might not as well.

Nevertheless good luck with getting Bioware to fix both Revan's set and the set Revan himself wears!

Who says it's supposed to be black?

Who says it's supposed to be black?

The true set says so. The NPC in SWTOR was a lazy recreation in the interest of time because of deadlines for launch. So they used the models of gear already created in game that most closely represented Revan's actual gear and failed miserably. IE: no cape + ugly dunno why it's there shoulder rolls etc. They're so bad that originally they couldn't get the image of the lower robes correct the first time. Even got past the impenetrable Quality Assurance team twice.

I give up at this point...

Edited by xorcist

The chest armor is still grey.

No, the lighting is a lame excuse for actually not fixing the set, as Magnusheart and others have posted proof that they bugged his armor.

Even if there was a color change, that does not mean it's a bug. For it to be a bug, it would have to be a color other than that which Bioware wants it to be. They have already said that it is currently the color they want it to be.

Even if there was a color change, that does not mean it's a bug. For it to be a bug, it would have to be a color other than that which Bioware wants it to be. They have already said that it is currently the color they want it to be.

Yet there were no patch notes indicating they meant to change his robe color.

Not required. They just stated that it is currently how they want it.

No they didn't, they stated that there was a color difference.

"When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC"

Then they made this statement which baffled me: "Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred"

Lighting messed up the armor's appearance, ok, let's just leave it the way it is because it is working as intended.

Then there is Magnusheart's post which proves the Developers wrong. You have side-by-side comparisons of Revan's armor after the patch and before. It clearly showed that the pants/top matched before they bugged the armor.

*Edit* - The developers are usually wrong. If I were you, I would start to look at the big picture and not blindly agree with Developer posts.

When they say that something is fixed(Scamper for example), it usually isn't. The Developers claimed that many people unsubbed because operatives stun locked people to death. Yeah, let me tell you, that is a great reason to nerf them, and that is definitely the reason why people unsubbed at that point in time.

*Edit* - The Developers also didn't even want to fix Revan's armor originally. They claimed people were attached to it. Would you also agree with that? Well, BioWare stated they didn't want to fix his armor, so let's just praise the developers because they're always right.

Edited by SithEBM

No they didn't, they stated that there was a color difference.

"When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC"

Then they made this statement which baffled me: "Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred"

Lighting messed up the armor's appearance, ok, let's just leave it the way it is because it is working as intended.

Then there is Magnusheart's post which proves the Developers wrong. You have side-by-side comparisons of Revan's armor after the patch and before. It clearly showed that the pants/top matched before they bugged the armor.

*Edit* - The developers are usually wrong. If I were you, I would start to look at the big picture and not blindly agree with Developer posts.

When they say that something is fixed(Scamper for example), it usually isn't. The Developers claimed that many people unsubbed because operatives stun locked people to death. Yeah, let me tell you, that is a great reason to nerf them, and that is definitely the reason why people unsubbed at that point in time.

*Edit* - The Developers also didn't even want to fix Revan's armor originally. They claimed people were attached to it. Would you also agree with that? Well, BioWare stated they didn't want to fix his armor, so let's just praise the developers because they're always right.

I'm not blindly agreeing with the devs. I would prefer the armor a little darker. I just don't like the precedent that it would set for them to change an armor color simply because some players would prefer it changed. The posts by Magnus, and yourself for that matter, do nothing to prove that the current color is not the "correct" color. The correct color is whatever color Bioware thinks it should be. In fact, if there was a color change, then it could be called a fix since it was changed to what we now know to be the correct color.

As I have said, a more appropriate route here would be to push for the option to use dyes on lore items.

I'm not blindly agreeing with the devs. I would prefer the armor a little darker. I just don't like the precedent that it would set for them to change an armor color simply because some players would prefer it changed. The posts by Magnus, and yourself for that matter, do nothing to prove that the current color is not the "correct" color. The correct color is whatever color Bioware thinks it should be. In fact, if there was a color change, then it could be called a fix since it was changed to what we now know to be the correct color.

As I have said, a more appropriate route here would be to push for the option to use dyes on lore items.

That is the problem with your post, because BioWare is wrong.

His chest and legs don't match, it's very simple to comprehend.

Also, how come Revan's robes matched pre 1.6.1? They obviously changed something.

I'll work on your responses:

"BioWare thinks the colors shouldn't match, and I fully support them"

"It doesn't matter because BioWare believes this is the correct color"

"They obviously changed post 1.6.1 because BioWare intentionally wanted to have the robes and pants not match"

Here are my responses:

"BioWare can't make a competent decision if their company depended on it"

"Sheep"

"wut?"

Here are your responses:

"Whatever BioWare believes is the belief that we should uphold"

"No, I like bacon"

"BioWare is the greatest of all time"

Here are my responses:

"If BioWare believes that everytime you die, you should lose 9mil credits, should we also uphold that?"

"I like bacon too"

"They used to be the greatest of all time"

That is entirely different. They acknowledged that the double-hood was a bug. Nowhere has any Bioware rep. acknowledged that the current color is a bug... quite the contrary, they have said that the current color is correct.

That is entirely different. They acknowledged that the double-hood was a bug. Nowhere has any Bioware rep. acknowledged that the current color is a bug... quite the contrary, they have said that the current color is correct.

They said that it is correct, but the lighting makes the colors not match. Obviously, something is broken.

You're getting stuck on stuff that is irrelevant. I'm not saying that anything Bioware says is true just because they say it ... I'm saying it is such on this particular issue. When they pick colors for an armor, those colors are inherently correct. It would be like me saying "My favorite color is blue" and you replying "No it's brown!"

They said that it is correct, but the lighting makes the colors not match. Obviously, something is broken.

If the lighting makes them not match, then it is impossible to make them match in all lighting situations (given the current lighting implementation). Change the color to match in one light setting, and it would no longer match in whatever light setting it matched previously. They stated that the colors are the same color ID for both pieces. You are actually asking them to make them different colors, instead of matching like they do now.

You're getting stuck on stuff that is irrelevant. I'm not saying that anything Bioware says is true just because they say it ... I'm saying it is such on this particular issue. When they pick colors for an armor, those colors are inherently correct. It would be like me saying "My favorite color is blue" and you replying "No it's brown!"

On this particular issue, his chest plate is intended to match with his legs.

IT DOESN'T MATCH

I T D O E S N ' T M A T C H

no coincide

Even if the colors are correct, THEY DON'T MATCH. Due to what, I have no idea, only BioWare can know, and they are the only ones who can FIX IT.

I know you're going to make another reply stating BioWare is correct so let's do this again:

"But the color is correct"

"It doesn't match"

"It doesn't match"

"They don't match"

You understand the problem here? Even if the colors are correct, they DON'T MATCH.

If the lighting makes them not match, then it is impossible to make them match in all lighting situations (given the current lighting implementation). Change the color to match in one light setting, and it would no longer match in whatever light setting it matched previously. They stated that the colors are the same color ID for both pieces. You are actually asking them to make them different colors, instead of matching like they do now.

They matched before the lighting issues, they can obviously make them match again.

We are asking them to make it match, what part of Match do you not understand?

match:

One that is exactly like another; a counterpart

To be exactly like; correspond exactly

To fit together or cause to fit together

To find or produce a counterpart to

equal.

correspond.

a person or thing that is an exact counterpart of another.

a person or thing that equals or resembles another in some respect.

a corresponding, suitably associated, or harmonious pair

Edited by SithEBM

On this particular issue, his chest plate is intended to match with his legs.

IT DOESN'T MATCH

I T D O E S N ' T M A T C H

no coincide

Even if the colors are correct, THEY DON'T MATCH. Due to what, I have no idea, only BioWare can know, and they are the only ones who can FIX IT.

I know you're going to make another reply stating BioWare is correct so let's do this again:

"It doesn't match"

"It doesn't match"

"They don't match"

You understand the problem here? Even if the colors are correct, they DON'T MATCH.

I'm looking at the set right now. The leggings are darker on either side of the vertical red stripe on the front, but obviously by design. The gray on the rest of the leggings matches the top fine.

Besides, who said it has to match? There is red on the legs, but none on the chest piece. Is this a bug???

You're basically complaining you don't like the way the set looks due to it's color. So don't use it. There are lots of sets I would like a lot more if they had their color scheme altered. I choose not to use those.

http://i40.tinypic.com/oardyc.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2iqbplf.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/s1riw6.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2l3shs.jpg

Just took the pictures today. I agree with BioWare that the primary color for the upper and lower pieces match. However, the front part of the lower robes is darker. Thats on purpose from the looks of it. The sides and back part of the robes match the upper part perfectly to me. The last picture really shows this. For best results click on the image at tinypic. This doesn't mean I like the color of the robes. I wish they were darker or black. But if this is the intended color choice of the designers then I can't really tell them its a "bug"

GUYS You are fighting about the WRONG THING HERE.

1. People are comparing a chest and leggings comparison in-game with the chest and legs of revan on patch 2.2.1 which is WRONG. You are comparing the Bug with the Bug.

2. You are thinking the Chest is the only thing thats the wrong color. WRONG. The ENTIRE Primary color set for Revan's Armor is the wrong color.

The only evidence we have are old youtube videos and pictures of the set being black before patch 1.6.1 when the entire primary color of the set was CHANGED. You can't replicate them at all. You can up or dummy your settings, and the robes will still be grey, and not black. Look below at the comparison pictures between BEFORE PATCH 1.6.1 and AFTER PATCH 1.6.1

Low, Medium, and High res wouldnt matter.

Black Robes pre 1.6.1

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2lvehc7.jpg

Grey Robes post 1.6.1

http://oi42.tinypic.com/35bxmv9.jpg

The resolution is nearly the same. The pre 1.6.1 picture looks fuzzier because its from a frozen part of a you tube video. It's not a lighting issue, its not a resolution issue. I've had a 1080P desktop powerhouse I got for this game. I know it was changed during that patch, I've *****ed about Revan's Armor bugs before the Phantom and Spymaster fiasco. The Primary color was altered when the armor was changed to accommodate the Revan Mask for body type 3 without clipping issues. of patch 1.6.1

beta-1.6.0 Item screenshot of Revan's set

1.6.1-now item screenshot of Revan's set

Why is it so hard, with photos, AND YOUTUBE showing Revan's set Primary was Black before that patch to fix 1. STUPID ARMOR SET? This is stupid and redundant, that it is taking over 6 months to fix 1 armor set, out of the many that are broken in the cartel market.

Revan's Primary Color is still light grey instead of the black it used to be before patch 1.6.1

Investigator's chest has a double hood, hood down shouldn't exist

Pathfinders chest has a double hood, hood down shouldn't exist

Preceptor's Robe has a clipping mesh error for its butt-flap sticks out of the robe part.

Calo Nord's Helmet on most sex/body types has your head sticking out of it.

Calo Nord's Chestpeice has HORRIBLE clipping meshes with the bags on the jacket free fall mesh parts.

Thana Vesh's butt cover robe piece doesn't position properly for MALES.

Trouble Makers Duster has similar buggy appearance above on females.

Relaxed Vestments have a horrible glitch on female bodies under the right breast. http://img2.picload.org/image/awowraa/chestglitch.jpg

Bastila Shan's Brown shoulder parts clip inside on every sex/bodytype doing any animations even walking.

Now then. Bioware. My endgame. The final 2 pictures alone will 100% PROVE THERE WAS, AND IS A COLOR BUG, AND THE ROBES ARE IN FACT SUPPOSED TO BE A BLACK PRIMARY. But I will be nice enough to show even more then and now comparisons before and now in the patch.

But for those to lazy and wish to skip to the key images to prove they were BLACK and NOT GREY. Look at the spoilers for the shortcut

ITS NOT A LIGHTING ISSUE, HERE IS ONE IN BRIGHT CLEAR LIGHT. PUB SIDE.

If this one doesn't prove it, I'm going back to World of Warcraft.

From the conclusion quest. "The Jedi Prisoner"

Revan on the Telos after Maelstrom Prison PRE PATCH 1.6.1 BLACK ROBES

Revan on the Telos after Maelstrom Prison NOW POST PATCH 1.6.1 LIGHT GREY

http://oi42.tinypic.com/35bxmv9.jpg

ITEM COMPARISON SHOWING THE SET WAS BLACK PRIMARY BEFORE 1.6.1

Revan's BLACK Robes before they were bugged to light grey in BETA- pre 1.6.1

After 1.6.1's Light Grey Bug to now 2.2.1

SAME LIGHTING, BT and Sex and Class. Different patch times.

The bug affected the entire set, not the top back before 1.6.1 The primary was BLACK. before that patch.

NPC COMPARISON OF REVANS ROBES BEING BLACK BEFORE PATCH 1.6.1

Battle Ready:

Image of Revan in the Foundry PRE 1.6.1 Black Robes.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120520103151/starwars/images/2/26/RevanFinalDuel01.jpg

Image of Revan in the Foundry NOW Post 1.6.1 Light Grey

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2cz57df.jpg

Revan's Redemption Speech:

Image of Revan in the Foundry PRE 1.6.1 Black Robes

http://calreth.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/swtor-2012-01-08-02-24-54-181.jpg

(If image does not work)

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2jzlmv.jpg

Image of Revan in the Foundry NOW Post 1.6.1 Light Grey

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2iibo90.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITS NOT A LIGHTING ISSUE, HERE IS ONE IN BRIGHT CLEAR LIGHT. PUB SIDE.

If this one doesn't prove it, I'm going back to World of Warcraft.

From the conclusion quest. "The Jedi Prisoner"

Revan on the Telos after Maelstrom Prison PRE PATCH 1.6.1 BLACK ROBES

Revan on the Telos after Maelstrom Prison NOW POST PATCH 1.6.1 LIGHT GREY

http://oi42.tinypic.com/35bxmv9.jpg[/Quote]

Edited by Magnusheart