KOTFE No OP's or FP's EVER?

Nosejob

I'm trying to figure out if they will not be making any more all expansion long or just at the beginning. I really hope it's just at the start but will later have one. Kind of takes the wind out of my sails and any desire to play if they are not goingto make any new ones for the expansion at any point. Why create a new story with everything fresh to not follow up and have epic battles for guilds.

Thank you for any clarification.

I'm trying to figure out if they will not be making any more all expansion long or just at the beginning. I really hope it's just at the start but will later have one. Kind of takes the wind out of my sails and any desire to play if they are not goingto make any new ones for the expansion at any point. Why create a new story with everything fresh to not follow up and have epic battles for guilds.

Thank you for any clarification.

over react much?

they have said that as soon as 4.0 drops they will start working on new operations (and presumably flashpoints). its not like they are going to kill the mmo portion of their game for all eternity.

over react much?

they have said that as soon as 4.0 drops they will start working on new operations (and presumably flashpoints). its not like they are going to kill the mmo portion of their game for all eternity.

My reaction to their action about the part of the game that I enjoy the most was about right.

Your reaction to my reaction of their action on the other hand tells me that you just sit in fleet ************ at people while the rest of us enjoy the game.

My reaction to their action about the part of the game that I enjoy the most was about right.

Your reaction to my reaction of their action on the other hand tells me that you just sit in fleet ************ at people while the rest of us enjoy the game.

quite the contrary, i do plenty of raiding with my guild on two different progression teams.

the point was. they made numerous posts about end game content. a little common sense would tell you that NEVER doing any more operations would be entirely stupid for an MMO, thus, probably not going to happen. QED they will produce end game operations just not at the release of 4.0.

hence, the over reaction. As is this post assuming I'm just some kind of troll. A little forethought into the game and searching would answer your questions simple enough.

Better way to ask what you were wondering.

Q: I missed any information they may have posted on the operations. Did they say when they will be releasing new operations in addition too the at level old operations?

1) this tells everyone you know current stuff is going to be at level and wondering about new future content

2) doesn't start out with the overly dramatic assumption that nothing will be made...EVER. Ever is a VERY long time.

http://dulfy.net/2015/07/12/swtor-sdcc-san-diego-cantina-tour-qa/

Q: Any plan for new ops?

A: They want to have new ops but at the same time they want to ensure they have a solid operation foundation. Revamping current ops/fps first and then after they will have new content. They said operation cadence is very important and once Fallen Empire drops they will start working on new ops.

Kind of takes the wind out of my sails and any desire to play if they are not goingto make any new ones for the expansion at any point. Why create a new story with everything fresh to not follow up and have epic battles for guilds.

Why would you even think that was the case? Why manufacture this disappointment from zero evidence?

Because they're not releasing an Op with the expansion? That doesn't say anything at all about the future. Taking that to mean that they're never ever going to include any group content is a bit silly and alarmist.

Especially considering that they've told us they had a bunch of developers working on adapting the old Ops and FPs to work with the gearing and level changes. Those are the actions of a group that is looking to change how future group content is created, not to stop producing group content altogether.

On these forums, people report for everything. I've been warned nearly once or twice a month, I go back and reread it and yeah people get offended really easily. Just laugh it off, if you get the chance to global someone in game who reported you on the forums do a good /rofl when you get em :rak_03:

To your original question, there will probably be something new with the expansion besides stories. We just have to wait and be patient.

They said no operations, they never said no new FP's fyi

Expect them, at the soonest, one year from now. After KOTFE drops it'll be the holiday season, which means 3-months with little or no updates typically.

and sadly thats a scary thought for me.

I'll be done with KotFE story in less than 2-3 weeks tops. Leaving me to do it all again on alts or run FP's and OPS which I have already done to death over the past 1-4 years. Left to do OPS at max level - again.

Thats not exciting end game group activity at all in my eyes. Knowing new OPS might not hit till January 2016. Thats a major blow to my excitement once story is complete.

Knowing deep down we wont see new OPS for a much longer length of time is really putting a hurt on my excitement.

and sadly thats a scary thought for me.

I'll be done with KotFE story in less than 2-3 weeks tops. Leaving me to do it all again on alts or run FP's and OPS which I have already done to death over the past 1-4 years. Left to do OPS at max level - again.

Thats not exciting end game group activity at all in my eyes. Knowing new OPS might not hit till January 2016. Thats a major blow to my excitement once story is complete.

Knowing deep down we wont see new OPS for a much longer length of time is really putting a hurt on my excitement.

the old ops will be at level and feature new mechanics. it might not be entirely new, but it won't necessarily be a face roll like they are now. 6 manning 16man EV nightmare blew tactics and mechanics out the window long time ago. will be nice to go in there again and actually have the threat of a wipe outside of somebody jumping off the wrong platform.

or having to remember to "not go into the room" after the droid on KP again or risk a wipe. Getting the thrill of actually progressing through an operation that wasn't designed by professional game players will be a welcome change.

They are going back to "storytelling." To me that sounds like they need a reason for us to do the Operations/Flashpoints.

I think they realized most people only ran the flashpoints once they hit 50 and gf came out, people rarely did them at level during the story (especially with 12xp came out). I think this is away to make them relevant and meant to be grouped. It was super easy to solo most of the 50s once you hti 60 and 55 hms were semi soloed at 65 it would be a no brainer. so they either had to abandon them outright OR make them relevant again. Doing all the old operations AND doing new operations probably wasn't an option (one or the other rarely both).

The fact that the old ones were 10-15 levels below char level made them worthless, the fact that Rav and TOS would now be 5 levels below made that one less difficult as well and approaching the realm of obscurity. so either make 9 of the end game operations pointless or make them all level appropriate and delay new ones.

so they made the decision to boost the current ones and once done and 4.0 launches, they can start work on new ones.

They are going back to "storytelling." To me that sounds like they need a reason for us to do the Operations/Flashpoints.

They will perhaps create something that really involves the story. I would not mind having a nice OPS that have a story that explains something important during the next year chapters.

They will perhaps create something that really involves the story. I would not mind having a nice OPS that have a story that explains something important during the next year chapters.

they already mentioned (somewhere) that they wont' be hiding story behind "operations" without adding a solo option to it (another reason they are updating the old ones).

many people on oricon were locked out of the ending simply because they were not in a guild able to clear the two operations or lucky enough to get into a reasonable pug and clear it.

which is why ToS has a solo mode to close out the story that isn't hidden behind an operation.

anything new will either be complementary to the story or have a solo mode that has a similar ending.

the old ops will be at level and feature new mechanics. it might not be entirely new, but it won't necessarily be a face roll like they are now. 6 manning 16man EV nightmare blew tactics and mechanics out the window long time ago. will be nice to go in there again and actually have the threat of a wipe outside of somebody jumping off the wrong platform.

or having to remember to "not go into the room" after the droid on KP again or risk a wipe. Getting the thrill of actually progressing through an operation that wasn't designed by professional game players will be a welcome change.

And that's a good move in your opinion? I'll be honest, we still run those Ops on slow nights when we're short players...I'm not against the challenge being there again, but it's nice to not need all 8 or 16 players to actually do something as a group. It's nice to have something 'faceroll' easy at times to do for fun. The new Ops are so mechanically over-tuned that they lack much 'fun' at times.

And that's a good move in your opinion? I'll be honest, we still run those Ops on slow nights when we're short players...I'm not against the challenge being there again, but it's nice to not need all 8 or 16 players to actually do something as a group. It's nice to have something 'faceroll' easy at times to do for fun. The new Ops are so mechanically over-tuned that they lack much 'fun' at times.

yeah, thats what happens when professional operations teams do your play testing.

i think most people know the mechanics enough that even new and at level should still be pretty easy, just adds more risk.

But to be honest the points of the achievements and rare mounts to to give people a sense of accomplishment and a reward. If all you need to do to get through an EV nightmare mode is find back side with one hand, i think the accomplishment and "achievement" go out the window.

putting at least some level of risk and excitement back into them is a good thing.

yeah, thats what happens when professional operations teams do your play testing.

i think most people know the mechanics enough that even new and at level should still be pretty easy, just adds more risk.

But to be honest the points of the achievements and rare mounts to to give people a sense of accomplishment and a reward. If all you need to do to get through an EV nightmare mode is find back side with one hand, i think the accomplishment and "achievement" go out the window.

putting at least some level of risk and excitement back into them is a good thing.

I agree on the first part.

We don't do it for accomplishment or achievements, we do it for fun and decorations, often late at night when half our group is falling asleep...something easy to run together that required little effort, just a few people wanting to group up.

As I said earlier, I'm fine with the Ops coming up to level 65, but that's also removing the content we could do as a group with fewer than a full group (or 16 man if we had 9 people). It's a double edged sword unfortunately.

bahahahaa, my other reply is now reported. hahahahaha. get real. What a day.:jawa_frown:

This one might be, too, since posts about disciplinary actions are I believe against the rules.

I agree on the first part.

We don't do it for accomplishment or achievements, we do it for fun and decorations,

If every single thing in the game is not "for fun," you are doing something wrong. Presumably even when you do an Op run for achievements, it's for fun.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Tux's comment on timing is important to read and understand. The dev blog that was posted above only commits to revamping the old stuff. Most of us take that to mean damage and hit points will be buffed up to be appropriate for level 65, and the corresponding gear tier. But we don't expect to see new or different mechanics (ala TFB when it went from 50-55).

The devs, in a video blog, seemed to indicate they (might?) would start working on new ops after the holiday break (they seem to give themselves 2 months off for the holidays, which is odd, as EA is reportedly the worst company in the world to work for, yet they give an amazing amount of vacation). We've heard in the past it takes them 6 months to build an operation. So that suggests something like June or July for a release date of new Ops content.

This becomes doubly eye opening when you consider that BioWare admitted it was a mistake to have the DF/DP cycle last for 15 months, and that they would never go that long again. Except...they are doing it on the very next opportunity.

The above tells me that the bean counters at BioWare have "done the math" and find that they will generate more revenue if they go this "story" route and forsake nearly every existing "hardcore" Ops player at the time of the decision. BioWare's actions show they are committed to catering to the casual.

If every single thing in the game is not "for fun," you are doing something wrong. Presumably even when you do an Op run for achievements, it's for fun.

Some things I do out of necessity to have more fun, like running daily missions for $.

This quote.

They are making some major "under the hood" changes to ensure that whatever future content they create will not become obsolete with new levels and/or gear tiers. That means Level Designers and other people who actually do that stuff are tied up in doing that, leaving no time for making a new map.