New Animal Mounts or New and Improved Speeders (WHAT DO YOU WANT)

GalaxyStrong

I think it a good Question

What would you prefer :

A. More Animal Mounts of all shapes and sizes

OR

B. New Speeders that go faster and carry more than 1 person (2 seaters & 4 seaters)

Please post Answer with a short description why

:D

I really want speeder's that can seat 2-4 people. Animal Mounts are cool but, just not my thing.

B

I'd rather have the multi-person speeders; worked wonders back in SWG.

The animal mounts of "different shapes and sizes" could cause issues with making targeting harder / taking up space (not to say that 2+ vehicles could pose the same issue). Plus the "does this make sense to have in certain locations" question comes up.

But yes, assuming nothing negative would occur, I'd rather go the 2+ speeders for group members.

Edited by Eillack

Animal mounts are cool and they should definitely add more, but they should focus primarily on more speeders. Part of the appeal with TOR for me is being able to ride around on speeders. There are enough animal mounts in MMO's such as WoW. I like (and prefer) cruising around in cool speeder bikes and floating cars.

I don't know a Rancor Mount might be a little too awesome...

Maybe something like that mount Obi-Wan was riding in ROS, theres plenty of ridable star wars creatures out there. Bantha, Dewbacks, etc

Edited by Jrea

I don't know a Rancor Mount might be a little too awesome...

Maybe something like that mount Obi-Wan was riding in ROS, theres plenty of ridable star wars creatures out there. Bantha, Dewbacks, etc

obi-wan mount is comming in the next cartel pack!

I say both.

For individual and group speeders, I would like to see three types of speeders added...a group non combat speeder, and a single and group combat transport.

1) Group speeders

This is a speeder that picks up the entire group when activated by a group member. All of the group members are pulled into this multiple passenger speeder and the player that summoned the speeder controls it. Players should be able to dismount the speeder by pressing ESC.

2) Combat speeders

Individual and group combat speeders. The idea is that this is a personal or group combat transport that can be used to attack NPCs...100 percent speed and weak attack, but good damage resistance for individual speeder, 90 percent speed and strong attack, very good damage resistance for group speeder.

The idea is that your toon transforms into the vehicle...you basically become the vehicle temporarily. You are allowed to use a basic ranged attack in the personal vehicle, a stronger ranged and AoE attack in the large group transport.

Once you are damaged enough the vehicle is destroyed and you must purchase a new vehicle. This is a use once device. It does not work in PVP areas, instances or indoor areas, or when you are flagged for PVP.

For animal mounts I would like to see two types...combat and non combat animal mounts.

1) Non-combat mounts - Bantha and Dewback - very strong dismount protection

2) Combat mounts - Rancor and Wampa - AoE slam attack, claw attack, medium dismount protection

Lore-wise there's the Obi-mount (which is coming) and dewbacks, for animal mounts, and that's it...

So, once they are in, back to speeders I guess.

I think you could argue the Tu'kata as well, at least on the Dark side of the aisle.

I think it's funny enough that a tauntaun is as fast as a speeder. Let's not get carried away.

The taun-taun goes about as fast as it does in Empire Strikes Back, it's just that the in-game speeders are terribly slow compared to the films/lore.