So, Legacy kind of bums me out.

TheDavy

I really wish they had given us more info than the very vague description we were given. I am an altaholik, however knowing that the legacy is supposed to unlock cool character creation options makes me not want to make my alts *yet*. Especially since half of the legacy bonuses become entirely useless if all of your character slots on a server are filled already.

So if any Dev's are nice enough to happen to look in here, any chance the "character creation options" will be retroactive? When legacy goes live, will you also be implementing a feature to edit an already made characters appearance, so that he can also make use of the unlocked legacy aesthetics? Or are people like me who want our alts now, just kinda screwed?

I really wish they had given us more info than the very vague description we were given. I am an altaholik, however knowing that the legacy is supposed to unlock cool character creation options makes me not want to make my alts *yet*. Especially since half of the legacy bonuses become entirely useless if all of your character slots on a server are filled already.

So if any Dev's are nice enough to happen to look in here, any chance the "character creation options" will be retroactive? When legacy goes live, will you also be implementing a feature to edit an already made characters appearance, so that he can also make use of the unlocked legacy aesthetics? Or are people like me who want our alts now, just kinda screwed?

i have made 7 alts on a server and my main is on another server altogether as I didnt know where my friends were going :(

I know nothing about legacy nor how to view its level etc.

what does it do? hear people mention it a lot.

This is one thing i dont like about the game! Mainly due to the fact i cant think of a legacy name that will fit all my characters :p so its constant popping up is annoying me :p

love the actual game tho, tis awesome!...no pokemon pandas for me it seems :cool:

You unlock your legacy at the end of chapter 1(approximately level 30-32/end of Alderaan). Once you do that on a server all your characters there gain legacy xp for you. No idea what it is going to do, but I'm grinding it in preparation.

i have made 7 alts on a server and my main is on another server altogether as I didnt know where my friends were going :(

open up yer talents page, down the bottom there is a tab, you get it around lvl 30ish it seems from doing yer class story line

It hasn't been implemented yet, but once you hit the end of chapter 1 (around 30ish) on your first character on a server, you are granted a Legacy name, which will apply to every character on that server, regardless of faction or species.. You can display it as a surname, a title, or not at all, and at this time you CANNOT change it, so choose carefully.

WHen you choose your legacy, a second experience bar will appear under your characters XP bar. All XP gains by all characters on that server will go towards this Legacy XP bar. Further down the line, they will be implementing all sorts of crazy stuff with the legacy system, but unfortunately we don't know much of anything about it yet.

All it does right now, is give you a surname/title that applies to all the characters on a server. So, it either shows up directly behind your first name, or under your name in the form of "the ASDF Legacy". However, it says that "soon" it will also unlock "special legacy powers" and "special legacy character creation options". From what I understand, these options and powers will be available to all characters based on your legacy level (which each character on a server levels up as they gain experience). However, if half of the legacy is to give unique character creation options, those of us who already filled our character slots get absolutely no

use from it. Just makes me feel kinda jipped. I know it is an added feature, and you shouldn't be negative about extras. However it almost feels like i'm being penalized, because i don't want to wait x months to make my alt's. And if i do make them now, as i said i lose out on half of the legacy features.

I'm an altoholic also. I've got all but one slot full on my server to reserve the names. I'm waiting for legacy char creation options to come so I can use my alts. Its tough to not play the classes, I want to dive into them BADLY. Right now, I'll have to suffice with my main (BH) and my secondary (Sniper). It would be nice to get at the very least an ETA. I think I've gathered enough from the 3 or so sources of info about it to kind of get what they want to do. Whether that is really what is going in, I don't know, since about all they've officially given us is a "We're working on it."

yeah.. i guess the interview did make one good point, they did say there isn't ever a reason to delete characters. "even if you are out of character slots, don't" I assume that statement was mostly designed around the legacy system, because obviously there are non legacy reasons to delete a character.

That gives me hope at least that the character creation options will still be retroactive, that, or bioware is just making a false statement, which MMO, and really big companies in general do a lot. guess i will just hope for the best. They haven't let me down yet with the game, so i'll continue to be positive until they give me a reason to do otherwise.

Still wish any devs out there would chime in and tell us SOMETHING though. hint hint... wink wink... Nudge nudge...

I too wait for legacy features. I just level Legacy and do other things.

In SWTOR we have this really brilliant feature, called the LEGACY, which is like, and server wide progression for you and all your alts, its great, its fantastic, it will really set SWTOR apart as an innovative MMO.

What does it do?

Nothing. Its not in for launch.

So any preview?

No. But its really cool, honest, um, yeah, .....

Edited by Cameirus

Can you have multiples? My Trooper is level 34, and has one legacy name, My knight is level 23 and on hold until my Marauder can beat the two +2 Jedi that keep kicking his teeth in for his Legacy. But he should not have the same name as the trooper.

Oh, and I am not sure, but I think that legacy XP is kinda buggy. I was on said Maruader last night on my way to "Choke Point" and yellow letters appeared over my head telling me that I had earned a legacy level. My Republic and Empire characters are on different servers.

After reading this though, it looks like I'd better delete a character or two on GMZ.

Edited by G_Vega

Can you have multiples? My Trooper is level 34, and has one legacy name, My knight is level 23 and on hold until my Marauder can beat the two +2 Jedi that keep kicking his teeth in for his Legacy. But he should not have the same name as the trooper.

Oh, and I am not sure, but I think that legacy XP is kinda buggy. I was on said Maruader last night on my way to "Choke Point" and yellow letters appeared over my head telling me that I had earned a legacy level. My Republic and Empire characters are on different servers.

After reading this though, it looks like I'd better delete a character or two on GMZ.

I've had the "You've gained a legacy level" message appear 3 times now when I wasn't even doing anything. Each time I had been just sitting idle and, had been for minutes. Each time I didn't actually gain a level yet. My bar and level read exactly the same.

I've had the "You've gained a legacy level" message appear 3 times now when I wasn't even doing anything. Each time I had been just sitting idle and, had been for minutes. Each time I didn't actually gain a level yet. My bar and level read exactly the same.

Was an old bug getting fixed that made it appear as if you achieved a new legacy level if anyone nearby where you stood got their own legacy level "leveled"