Binary Star Reality Reputation

Vicen

No quests or anything with them then eh? Well that sucks :( Wanted to get that Kira skin :mad:

It is the point with those reputation vendors you see at the cartel part of the fleet.

You buy packs and get reputation, use cartel certificates and get some of the items they previously had in the packs.

• 6 months later...
alright, so which of the old packs was it?

Any of the packs that have Stronghold in the name. They're rare and expense on the GTN though cause Bioware hasn't brought them back since they came out last fall when they released housing.

As frustrating as the whole Slot Machine debacle was, I did pretty much love the fact that I was able to hit legend on the rep it had after having been stuck on Champion for....I don't even know how long. I do hope they come out with more in the future so I can finish off some more rep, assuming I haven't by then. :D As long as that's basically all Slot Machines are, it could work...

As frustrating as the whole Slot Machine debacle was, I did pretty much love the fact that I was able to hit legend on the rep it had after having been stuck on Champion for....I don't even know how long. I do hope they come out with more in the future so I can finish off some more rep, assuming I haven't by then. :D As long as that's basically all Slot Machines are, it could work...

yeah agreed. I've no problem with the slot machines. they where intended for rep grinding more then anything, and so long as thats clear, it's fine by me

• 5 years later...
You can increase reputation through the contraband cartel slot machine as well

Yes, now, but the OP is from 5 years ago. Back then, each of the 10 cartel pack shipments had their own reputation and the reputation items droped by the slot machine were only for one of them (Contraband Resale Corporation.)

Has been a wild ride with the machine, originally a fun item with a cheap cost of 500 credits per chip and a ridiculous high drop rate for cartel certificates, it was soon nerfed to the ground and cost was increased to 750 credits.

3 years later, the now very rare machine was made more valuable by merging all those cartel reputations into one, and last year it was nerfed again by increasing the chip cost to 5000, right before making it available directly on the CM.

Once you have maxed out the reputation, the machine's use changes. Before the last nerf it used to be an actual gambling machine - you spent 750 credits for a chance to win a reputation token worth 1000 or 2500 credits. Of course the house always won and on average you got about 500 credits back for every 750 credtis you spent on chips.

Now it's just a credit sink that charges between 2500 and 5000 credits for the illusion of gambling.

Edited by Mubrak