Legacy Skills randomly vanishing from quickbars

Glzmo

Description:

Since Patch 2.1.1 Many Legacy skills have been randomly vanishing from quickbars upon login/logout, travel and other zoning.

Note that this bug had been present with quickbars 5 and 6 when they were freshly introduced until they were fixed, but now it happens to all quickbars from 1 to 6.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Put all kinds of legacy skills into the various quickbar slots on various characters.
  2. Travel around, log onto different characters, restart the game, login/logout, enter warzones and flashpoints via queues, etc..
  3. Note that sometimes the legacy abilities and others will vanish and can no longer be used.

Edited by Glzmo

• Dev Post

Hi there,

First, thanks for your reports around this topic! Legacy abilities disappearing from quickbars is proving to be quite elusive in our internal investigation.

While we know some folks saw this after the patch, but has it happened since then? If so, can you please tell us your character's level, which ability and quickbar, and where you were when you logged in or transitioned area such that it happened?

On a side note, we're aware that Rocket Boost and other vehicles may be placed into your quickbars twice when they're learned via Collections. While this may be related, we don't believe it to be the same bug, so please be sure to keep this in mind while reporting.

Thanks for any details you can provide!

I've noticed it happening on all my chars: most of them are high level (50, 55), but it did happen on lower level chars.

That I've noticed, the main abilities disappearing from the bars were the Legacy abilities unlocked with character story, the ones you can use during the heroic moment. They didn't always ALL disappear, but (and I'm speculating here as I didn't notice at the time), there was usually one left which I guess was the one I earned on that character (like the legacy orbital strike on my sniper).

The "unity" ability doesn't seem to be affected, neither does rocket boost BUT I did experience the double skill on the bar, even though I never used the collections (for that purpose at least).

Also, the summonable droids (mail, repair) seem to disappear from the bars as well, though I can't say how consistent it is as not all my chars have them.

I've also heard a lot of reports among guildies of the old "quickbars reset" bug showing lately. This may or may not be connected, but it does ring a bell ("stuff disappearing from quickbars")

Hi there,

First, thanks for your reports around this topic! Legacy abilities disappearing from quickbars is proving to be quite elusive in our internal investigation.

While we know some folks saw this after the patch, but has it happened since then? If so, can you please tell us your character's level, which ability and quickbar, and where you were when you logged in or transitioned area such that it happened?

On a side note, we're aware that Rocket Boost and other vehicles may be placed into your quickbars twice when they're learned via Collections. While this may be related, we don't believe it to be the same bug, so please be sure to keep this in mind while reporting.

Thanks for any details you can provide!

I don't believe it has happened to me since the patch but when the patch came live then indeed all my characters had exactly the same things vanishing. Details below.

So after the last patch my characters heroic legacies vanished 6 out of the total of 8 , the heroic moment trigger ability didn't vanish , legacy force choke and legacy sticky grenade also didn't vanish. They are all in my 6th quickbar. the only other strange thing is that rocket boost was added to my main bar when I already have it in my 6th bar and no I haven't touched upon the collections system at all yet. O and sacrifice and unity vanished too from various quickbars.

As the OP mentioned this indeed looks like the return of the bug we had when these extra quickbars where introduced back in the day.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hi there,

I've just had it happen again a couple of minutes ago. The character level was 22, Jedi Shadow. Legacy Level 50. It happened after zoning into a warzone or out of it, not sure (can't pay attention to such detail during combat). It has happened on my level 1-55 characters of all classes before as well, however.

The Following abilities vanished:

• Priority Transport: Personal Starship
  • Bash
  • Jab
  • Punch
  • Uppercut
  • Legacy Dirty Kick
  • Legacy Flame Thrower
  • Legacy Force Sweep
  • Legacy Lightning Storm
  • Legacy Project
  • Legacy Sticky Grenade

The Legacy abilities that I have and did not vanish from my toolbars:

• Legacy Force Choke
  • Unity

Oddly enough, with most characters it's been the same skills that vanished and remained on the quickbar, except for my level 20 Powertech where Legacy Force Choke vanished as well, but Legacy Sticky Grenade oddly remained in the quickbar instead on that character. The two abilities did not occupy the same slot, so it doesn't seem to be related to the exact quickbar slot used.

I'm not sure about Companion dance, as I don't have it in my quickbars, I sadly don't have the Legacy Imperial Agent Ability yet and no other priority transports either to test.

I noticed that the Warzone Queue Icon on Minimap greyed out (Warzones are not available until level 10) bug struck at the same time, so perhaps these two are related, but perhaps it was just coincidence as I didn't notice it happening the last couple of times the abilities vanished. Then again, I'm not an avid PVPer and only do the dailies once a day or so for levelling so I may just not have noticed.

Edited by Glzmo

All of my characters (wide range of level, both factions) lost 3/4 Imperial legacy skills. None lost force choke. They were consistently on bar 5. The were gone on log in. Characters that I played and fixed yesterday still had their skills on log in today.

Character Name: Zi'lik

Class: Mercenary

Level: 55

Server: The Harbinger

Ability: Black Hole Priority Transport

That was the only ability to dissapear of one character. Most legacy attack abilitys were gone of all characters.Also been getting duplicates of the rocket boosts randomly added to my quickbars :confused:

Edited by MitchPB

It just happened again on my level 22 Shadow here. But only the abilities "Sacrifice" , "Legacy Force Sweep" and "Legacy Force Lightning" vanished this time. It happened after logging out, switching to a Sith Marauder character for a minute and then logging the Shadow back in. Edited by Glzmo

I believe this is happening when you use the interface editor to change around the quickbars. So let's say I have two characters using "Setup 1", then I make an edit to Setup 1 on another character, it will remove the legacy abilities on character 2. Bioware, please try it out!

I believe this is happening when you use the interface editor to change around the quickbars. So let's say I have two characters using "Setup 1", then I make an edit to Setup 1 on another character, it will remove the legacy abilities on character 2. Bioware, please try it out!
I can't confirm this. I haven't used the editor in a long time. But it certainly may be one of the triggers for it.

It just happened again on my level 55 Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) upon login. Only hte legacy skills Unity, Legacy Sticky Grenade and Legacy Force Choke remained in the toolbar, the others vanished again.

Also, Rocket Boost appeared in toolbar 2, slot 6 at the same time.

Edited by Glzmo

• 2 months later...