Your overall opinions, why do u play, what would you Change etc?

Kampflerk

I started on Vazaelle (US) before the Euro servers were released (im based in England), did all the SSRA stuff and flagging for the planes and Time, now that was grinding!

But at least there was a reason for it.

I was a Pally plow Tank but later switched to my Necro which I still play now (the pull of the Dark side).

Be safe

One thing that amazed me was the loot from Vex Thal and the high tier raid zones after that on EQ1! The toys were fantastic too, like the illusion items.

The time invested was monstrous, and it took 80 man coordinated raids to do lots of the content but it was well worth it! You really had a sense of accomplishment from the loot on that game.

So many very unique items that often times some people owned only 1 out 5 or less on the entire server etc. That made it fuel competitions for raid mobs to a level I never seen on any other game since.

Actually only in PVP did I see that kind of passionate near psychotic competitiveness on a game. PVP for all it's flaws on EQ1 was still quite fun and there was a few years time where it was flourishing quite well on different servers.

All of this plus

1. Make lowbies and mid pvp viable again with real incentives

2. Make the game Alt friendly again (especially for pvp and conquest)

3. Remove the excessively slow and boring gear grind

4. Overhaul the pvp medal system to reflect each individual type of map (ie people who contribute the most to winning should get more medals than people death matching and not trying to win).

5. Pvp medals should be linked to extra rewards even if you are on the losing team you have the potential to earn more than a winning team player who didn’t contribute as much. (Incentive to stay in a match even if you are losing)

6. Fix the bugs before doing anything new

7. Expand the cargo hold tabs to be the same size as the guild tabs.

8. Remove RNG for pvp gearing. Have seperate gear for pvp.

9. Bolster should always be slightly below max lvl gear so there is no gear gap (bit like lowbie and mid pvp).

10. Bring back individual and dedicated class stories

11. Add joystick option to GSF

12. Split pvp maps into type to allow choice. (Hutt Ball, capture the flag, arena)

14. Always have all the CM items in the catalog listed on the market. Reduce prices and make the most expensive items no more than $10.

15. Bring in paid expansions (that have quality and quantity of content)

16. Bring back paid weekly passes for preferred players to access specific content.

17. Introduce a third faction

18. Allow real traitors to switch sides and basically become the opposite faction. (Dark Jedi can turn Sith).

19. Give us an APAC server

/sing

I play because it's Star Wars. No other reason would keep me playing. So whenever they invent their own planets or write storylines that don't resemble core Star Wars stories, I lose interest.

The extremely obvious change to me would be to never bring out another planet that wasn't featured heavily in a movie. It's not like we'll get a lot more planets at this rate, so bring the remaining crowd pleasers into the game.

Edited by annabethchase

The extremely obvious change to me would be to never bring out another planet that wasn't featured heavily in a movie. It's not like we'll get a lot more planets at this rate, so bring the remaining crowd pleasers into the game.

I don't think even if they were to feature movie-only planets that were heavily showcased would it mean a huge influx of players. At the end of the day most of the casual fanbase doesn't really delve into something beyond the movies, which there is nothing wrong to be honest but heck people apparently got confused as to how Darth Maul was even alive during Solo and that's explained in TCW, so if they don't even bother with TCW I can only imagine it would be nigh impossible for them to put in the time for SWTOR.

Been playing since beta, been a sub since about 2mo after launch. I play because apparently THIS is as close as we're going to get to a true KOTOR 3. I honestly don't give a flying flip about the mmo/multiplayer aspects of the game, because 99.9% of the time I play solo. Over the years I've replayed all the class stories and expansions over and over. The only reason I remain subbed is because THIS is the only story based SW RPG available that's not 20yrs old.

As for what I'd change......Goreshaga already said it.

What i'd love :

- An offline solo mode where i could only play the story, heroics and solo FP, and next to that an online mode for all the mutliplayer aspects of the game, including GTN, PvP, ops... (a bit like how Monster Hunter works, but better)

That way i could play the content i like while being completely alone, and more importantly i would not have to worry about the quality of my internet connexion, which when it's not that great, i just can't play anything.

- The possibility to replay the whole class story from the starter planet to the last bit of story with a character who already did everything so that i could replay the whole thing with a toon that is already lvl 70 and fully geared, and not have to creat xxx clones of my main characters everytime i want to replay the story with one of them.

- More story

- More interactions with my companions, especially with my character's LIs.

- Being able to have my characters interact with each other, for instance i'd choose my JK as my canon Outlander and my other characters would have a role to play in her story as well. (a bit like how the different protagonists meet in Detroit : become human, but i guess it could only work in a solo game, and it'd have to take into account all the customisation options for every character, so might be a bit too complicated)