[SPOILERS] Dread Master Calphayus... still alive?

Calphayus happens to be my favorite Dread Master, and I heard from some Republic players yesterday that he's still alive, in their faction's story, while the other five are dead. I know the Republic's storyline is the actual canon one, but is it true? Is Cal dead or alive? Edited by CommunityDroidEU
spoilers

• 2 months later...
says who?

According to Wookieepedia, the Republic's Light Side choices and the Empire's Dark Side choices are considered canon, and reflect upon each other throughout the storyline of the Old Republic.

quick edit: As far as the operations go, the Empire and Republic secured several temporary truces and both factions teamed up to fight each threat, from Soa, through Asation, to Oricon. If they were all to be reflected in a 8 man operation, one from each class would be represented.

Edited by Joekosse

• 3 months later...
According to Wookieepedia, the Republic's Light Side choices and the Empire's Dark Side choices are considered canon, and reflect upon each other throughout the storyline of the Old Republic.

quick edit: As far as the operations go, the Empire and Republic secured several temporary truces and both factions teamed up to fight each threat, from Soa, through Asation, to Oricon. If they were all to be reflected in a 8 man operation, one from each class would be represented.

This, has been my thoughts exactly

that's mere assumption to go with stereotypical progression. i.e. bad ppl do bad things. in an mmo the only things that are cannon are things that occur regardless of dialogue or are confirmed in codex. like killing ur master or the saving of makeb (despite ppl who blew it up). but since calphayus was mentioned in the shrouds memo one would assumed he canonincally survived, atleast for a time.

Edited by DarthAeonis

However, BW stance that any character that can be killed will never been seen again.

So even if you "can" save him, he willl never show up again.

Not so! A few Knight storyline examples:

You have the option to kill Lord Praven or to convince him to go study with the Jedi. (Might be a third option, not sure.) If you do the latter, he shows up on Corellia. This is true of a few other characters, such as Unaw Aharo, the Bith padawan you meet on Tython and have the option to save or let die.

Not so! A few Knight storyline examples:

You have the option to kill Lord Praven or to convince him to go study with the Jedi. (Might be a third option, not sure.) If you do the latter, he shows up on Corellia. This is true of a few other characters, such as Unaw Aharo, the Bith padawan you meet on Tython and have the option to save or let die.

It is true what you are saying about old content (because that was the case when the game was made), but in a recent(-ish) cantina event they said they are not going to bring back any character that could be killed.

Edited by znihilist

• 1 year later...

Was this cut from the game?

I've run a Sage through the Oricon planet missions, Dread Fortress, and Dread Palace, but a long time after those two Ops were first released, and both just ended with the quest reward. Were there cutcenes from the Ops that got cut along with Heroic quest givers?

I feel like I've missed out on story, either because it was hacked away by the devs or because I failed to visit an NPC after completing the Ops.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Was this cut from the game?

I've run a Sage through the Oricon planet missions, Dread Fortress, and Dread Palace, but a long time after those two Ops were first released, and both just ended with the quest reward. Were there cutcenes from the Ops that got cut along with Heroic quest givers?

I feel like I've missed out on story, either because it was hacked away by the devs or because I failed to visit an NPC after completing the Ops.

I ran my sentinel through DF/DP for the first time back in October/November-ish when I came back to the game, so I can confirm that this cutscene SHOULD still exist. However, I was also right at the Dread Fortress's doorstep when I left (back when those ops first came out), so that might have somehow "saved" the cutscene for me to view when I did finally complete the storyline. Haven't had time to run a fresh character through the Dread War arc to confirm yet.

As a side note, I did also have to go back to base camp to get the final cutscene; it didn't just play automatically at the end of the op. Dunno if that helps you or not.

I haven't finished Oricon on a Republic character since before 4.0, but my Marauder finished it last night and the Imperial ending was still there. I seriously hope they didn't change it. That was the best part of finishing Oricon as a Republic character.

I also miss the days when in group finder, DF was followed by DP.

Edited by josephinec