Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel Healing 101

mydogclimbstree
12.08.2014 , 02:45 PM | #141
We have rotations now! I thought it might be interesting to discuss what people are finding most effective for raid healing (AoE), tank healing (Single Target), and the ever present someone stood in bad and needs health ASAP healing (Reactive).

AOE
One of my guildies and I were working out what he calls a Crazy HoT rotation, which works well for bunched up folks with lots of raid damage (Underlurker fight is a good example).

We came up with:
Start with 2 stack 8 people (can be prepull)
1) KC
2) KW (clip)
3) Refresh all 8 stacks with alternating EMP and SRMP as UH allows

This keeps the KC +Healing buff up, and the alternating EMP usage keeps the +3% buff for using UH up as much as possible. I was doing around 8k HPS, even with a lot of movement, as the rotation isn't as dependent on the channel.

Single Target
I have been using:
Start with 2 stack SRMP
1) alternate KP & KC for buffs
2) EMP
4) UWM
5) EMP
6) EMP
7) UWM
8) EMP or DS to maintain energy
9) EMP or DS to maintain energy

You can also pre-stack the second tank (or another target), and use of the EMPs each round to reset his stacks. It is nowhere near the ST healing I could do pre 3.0, but seems to be an energy stable rotation. Any suggestions?

ST Reactive Healing

This is by far our weakest area right now. I am looking at:
If KC is availiable-
1) KC (+Pugnacity if no UH)
2) EMP
3) UWM
4) 1 x SRMP
5) Move to next target while HoTs tick
In 192 gear and with the sequential +healing buffs from KC and EMP, that should do about 21k healing.

If KC is not available -
1) EMP
2) UWM
3) EMP
4) 1 x SRMP
5) Move to next target while HoTs tick
In 192 gear and with the sequential +healing buff from EMP, that should do about 19k healing.

This is a big change, because we used to always UWM then EMP for energy neutrality and the UH. I've found that with current crit rates, UH is almost never a limitation and UWM can use all the +healing buffs we can give it.

Other thoughts or ideas?
Kym- Healer of Phil

mydogclimbstree
12.09.2014 , 09:37 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by mydogclimbstree View Post
AOE
One of my guildies and I were working out what he calls a Crazy HoT rotation, which works well for bunched up folks with lots of raid damage (Underlurker fight is a good example).

We came up with:
Start with 2 stack 8 people (can be prepull)
1) KC
2) KW (clip)
3) Refresh all 8 stacks with alternating EMP and SRMP as UH allows

This keeps the KC +Healing buff up, and the alternating EMP usage keeps the +3% buff for using UH up as much as possible. I was doing around 8k HPS, even with a lot of movement, as the rotation isn't as dependent on the channel.
Just did 9.8k HPS in 186 gear using this rotation on SM Commanders in ToS.
Kym- Healer of Phil

jjmartin
12.09.2014 , 10:00 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by mydogclimbstree View Post
Just did 9.8k HPS in 186 gear using this rotation on SM Commanders in ToS.
Your efficiency couldn't have been above 35%. There isn't a single fight in any of the new operations that requires that much constant healing to all 8 members of the raid.

The only fight that does require a lot of raid-wide healing is Underlurker. In this instance it's much more efficient to use Wave when behind the rocks or at non-stand-in-the-cross times. It will heal for more than the hot, hitting 6-8 people at once. This frees up approx 6 GCD's per rotation to be used on the tanks or dps that are getting hit harder.

I don't doubt that you could get through story mode stuff doing this, but you're dumping a lot of healing responsibility on your partner, as well as wasting a lot of time refreshing hots on people that don't need them.
Jai'Bee

mydogclimbstree
12.09.2014 , 10:43 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by jjmartin View Post
Your efficiency couldn't have been above 35%. There isn't a single fight in any of the new operations that requires that much constant healing to all 8 members of the raid.

The only fight that does require a lot of raid-wide healing is Underlurker. In this instance it's much more efficient to use Wave when behind the rocks or at non-stand-in-the-cross times. It will heal for more than the hot, hitting 6-8 people at once. This frees up approx 6 GCD's per rotation to be used on the tanks or dps that are getting hit harder.

I don't doubt that you could get through story mode stuff doing this, but you're dumping a lot of healing responsibility on your partner, as well as wasting a lot of time refreshing hots on people that don't need them.
Yes, yes, and yes. It was a fun experiment though.
Kym- Healer of Phil

Tanein
01.13.2015 , 05:41 PM | #145
What is now 3.0 better set bonus? New 6 piece or 4 (new) +2 (old) ?

AlphaWolfAHT
01.21.2015 , 02:12 PM | #146
WIthout numbers or hard evidence, I'd say that the old 2 piece is better than the new 6 piece. +15% on KC/RN easily trumps -1s on Kolto Wave, unless I'm seriously devaluating KW. Other scoundrels/ops seem to agree, like Tefia.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xaefe of the Kobra Kais, Begeren Colony
Progression Healer