BW have shortened areas

dacentabaal

So I was on my way to the tunnels on Tattooine in the Dune Sea where the quest "What Czerka Found" is normally done, and where the lift is there's now a door, and it takes you directly to the instanced doorway now.. no more staged quests or area for RP and general grinding, I know some people didn't like the long treck.. but come on BW, I have noticed this in other areas too.. it's like 4.0 completely dumbed down the game for new players with the god mode comps and too easy levelling and questing

Yeah, I remember fondly the times when you could at least argue if zonedesign pales in comparison to likes of WoW etc. Those days are long gone. We've gone way past MMORPGs and even traditional single player, stroy centered RPGs. Bioware's own gams included. Like, even KOTOR(designed for a console of early 00's) had far larger, more complex zones than KOTFE.

KOTFE zones don't compare to traditional MMORPGs, or even to traditional Bioware RPGs(DA:O, Mass Effect, etc)

Heck, there are simple singleplayer piperuns with far more complex zones. Nowadays, you need to look at Mario Kart if you want to find games with similar zone design.

Edited by Stradlin

So I was on my way to the tunnels on Tattooine in the Dune Sea where the quest "What Czerka Found" is normally done, and where the lift is there's now a door, and it takes you directly to the instanced doorway now.. no more staged quests or area for RP and general grinding, I know some people didn't like the long treck.. but come on BW, I have noticed this in other areas too.. it's like 4.0 completely dumbed down the game for new players with the god mode comps and too easy levelling and questing

I just started playing again after taking a break for about 7 or 8 months. I gotta agree even though I didn't go to Tattooine with the character I was playing. But I did notice that several side quests are Poof gone.

...and man, its too easy now. I started yesterday with a level 17 jedi sentinel I had ignored for a long time (I have a lot of characters) and went from lvl 17 to 22 within an hour without any boosts. I even let Kira just buffalo through mobs without doing anything. Heck, I ran through a heroic mission I even found impossible to do solo before in a few minutes.

I'm not sure if I even want to start playing the game now. There doesn't seem to be any real challenge to it to it. I don't feel as if I had an "adventure", I feel like I was just going through motions.

The Ughnaught Senator from the Senate Hall got moved out of his room into the open hall ... On the other hand, the Senate Hall finally got its own Quick Travel Point ...

The more I read about "things cut from the game", the more I dislike it.

I mean, it feels like being made for casual Americans - not for casual Europeans ...

The Ughnaught Senator from the Senate Hall got moved out of his room into the open hall ... On the other hand, the Senate Hall finally got its own Quick Travel Point ...

The more I read about "things cut from the game", the more I dislike it.

I mean, it feels like being made for casual Americans - not for casual Europeans ...

The "recover the disc with the secret map of coruscant/ Feiler Dan mission seems to be gone, as does the hit list mission. The quest givers are still there. I don't know why they removed the missions, but considering how ridiculously easy it is now I'm surprised you don't just get the mission XP from talking to those now useless contacts.

...and man, its too easy now. I started yesterday with a level 17 jedi sentinel I had ignored for a long time (I have a lot of characters) and went from lvl 17 to 22 within an hour without any boosts.

I got round to playing through with my commando (last character to finish to complete the Legacy set up) I made 2.5 years ago that I left at level 12 on the fleet, with no XP boosts and just doing planetary and class quests with no Legacy boosts either and I hit level 53 at the end of Act 1...

At this rate I will be 65 before I finish my class stuff which will make all the grinding through Makeb, SoR and Kotfe a complete ball ache, although saying that as I main Imp side and only doing this for the Legendary status I will just leave him for crafting.. but yeah, way to easy to level/get XP

i think he implying that Americans are lazy.

I'd call him by a European stereotype, but over here in America we don't have any generalized European stereotypes that I can think of off the top of my head.

What does that tell you?

I'd call him by a European stereotype, but over here in America we don't have any generalized European stereotypes that I can think of off the top of my head.

What does that tell you?

That americans are too lazy to create general European stereotypes :p

BRB, time to drink vodka with my bear-comrade

They definitely screwed up with things. Enabling "exploration" missions in the map helps, but there's still a lot that was removed or shortened without any good reason. The tatooine change is an example. Also, most of the bonus series quests aren't working from what I can tell, and since Bioware isn't really communicating on the issue, I don't know if they intend to remove them entirely, if it's a bug, or if the level required to start them has been shifted.

It makes it really weird any time I find a quest missing or something, because I don't know if it was removed or just bugged out.

I also think xp gains are too insane for people who enable exploration missions. I'm halfway through Alderaan, and level 48. Unless they actually gate level 61+ behind a quest, I will probably be max level before even starting the new expansion. Which makes me wonder, why even have levels at all if you're effectively always "bolstered" slightly above the target level?

What does that tell you?

Most of you don't know what Europe is?

Way to let the guy posting racial stereotypes derail the thread. :rolleyes:

I personally enjoy the dumbing down of some aspects in terms of travel at least, travel can be so damn monotonous at times and often if you really want to still do it the long way you can.