Companion Influence Caps at 250k?!

BelenUmeria

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fear before today was that the Alliance system was a Conquest like grind system for companions. Especially as they've not told us about the details of it.

If the cap is 250k on influence, that kind of suggests it is definitely a grind system and probably isn't going to be fun in the long term.

My fear before today was that the Alliance system was a Conquest like grind system for companions. Especially as they've not told us about the details of it.

If the cap is 250k on influence, that kind of suggests it is definitely a grind system and probably isn't going to be fun in the long term.

^ I'm also worried this is why they won't talk about it. I hope we are both wrong and that it is fun.

I never cared about affection as it was. Plus now I get their stories regardless.

Has it said anything that going all the way to 250k actually has a huge benefit? I'd say, until you can confirm any real benefit, that you not lose your pretty little heads. It just leaves TONS of room to grow :p

how much influence does each level on gifts give?

hopefully rank 6 gifts give 20k+ each lol..

either way, my source of income seems to have increased :cool:

There are no rank 6 gifts. You just get another tier of rank 5 gifts. So getting to 250k is going to be costly.. But I must imagine just about powerful your companion will be with max presence and influence.

There are no rank 6 gifts. You just get another tier of rank 5 gifts. So getting to 250k is going to be costly.. But I must imagine just about powerful your companion will be with max presence and influence.

Didn't the Patch Notes indicate Rank 6 gifts?

New Rank 6 Companion gifts have been introduced!

Seriously?

I never even bothered to max HK influence because it's such a pain in the *** to grind rep with companions, and that's with 10k.

This is going to be real hell, unless they have majorly increased influence gains (or made grinding it actually fun).

The gifts are rank 5 however they're in the grade 6 mission tree. So you can now get rank 5 gifts from grade 5 and 6 missions

I've always been able to do that...

I haven't really looked around in great detail, but I wonder if Rank 6 is something completely separate from the crew skills, if it isn't available via crewskills.

The Alliance system is also the gate mechanism to the new Flashpoint.

It remains to be seen how high you need your companions/alliance to gain access to the Flashpoint, but I would expect it is at the high end of the spectrum.

Yet it is a pointless grind and I'll bet that this is used to hide lack of content.

Of course it is. What other way is there to hide a lack of content? You need something repeatable. It's why PVP survives with so little.

What's more, we're now effectively re-grinding our status with our companions, re-earning the crafting bonuses etc. Enjoy all.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Of course it is. What other way is there to hide a lack of content? You need something repeatable. It's why PVP survives with so little.

What's more, we're now effectively re-grinding our status with our companions, re-earning the crafting bonuses etc. Enjoy all.

10k to 250k lol...go big or go home right? "Content" for a decade...