This happens every single time you guys patch the game

Fevee

Downloading, downloading entire gigabytes of data. At the end, "Please check network connection (309)". Restart the launcher, start downloading all over again.

Seriously, where did all those gigabytes go? Why can't it just pick up where it left off? Why do I have to repeat this meaningless procedure every time?

• 4 weeks later...
Have been patching 4.0 since early morning of October 20th. It it now late night of October 21st, and I have the usual bugs of an entire asset disappearing after it supposedly downloaded, and the launcher doesn't have the programming to reestablish connection after it supposedly lost it; even though we're all still connected.

• 1 month later...

4.0.2a has been no different.

Downloading Main Assets 1, about 12 gigs. Go to work, come back 9 hours later, and it says something about a network error and I need to manually restart it. Seriously, can you guys not implement some sort of auto-reconnect feature? I can't just set it and come back after work, I have to sit and babysit it all day because it can't reconnect after a phony network complaint.

And where did all those gigs go?

Okay, it's been a few days of patching. I finished Main Assets 1 and it had moved on to an even larger set of assets.

I wake up this morning to find the stupid 312 error once more. After restarting manually, it's downloading Main Assets 1 again.

WHERE DID ALL THOSE GIGABYTES GO?! And is there any other way to download these updates? This faulty launcher is clearly not doing it's job.

Seems like I have to copy the contents of assets_swtor_main_-1to0 to a backup folder. That way, if 312 happens and deletes the data it just finished downloading and installing, at least the patch progress for that asset goes back to 95%, and I don't have to wait another 24 hours for it to fail again.

Seriously, what is the problem, here? Even if I have a slow connection, that doesn't explain the data deleting itself to start all over again. Would someone just send me a .zip file to I can unpack it myself? This launcher clearly has no idea what it's doing.

Edited by Fevee

Finally patched after about a week of errors and restarts. Good trick is to copy the assets partials into a backup folder. That way, when it fails and deletes all that work, I was able to copy/paste the majority of the work.

In attempt to gets things fixed, though, I reinstalled the launcher. Now it's revered to it's old self and won't update back to the square newsfeed one.

4.0.3. Same problem as any other patch.

Overnight patching of huge assets just to wake up to find a 312 or 9. Everything else on my computer can access the internet, it's the SWTOR launcher that gives up like this. Plus, why does it keep deleting entire gigabytes of data? That makes even less sense.

Plus, I still have the reverted-looking launcher. Why doesn't it fix itself back to the new version?