Slave jobs; what did the Inquisitor do as a slave?

BloodForSanta

Most slaves in the empire do manual labor, but is that necessarily true for the Inquisitor? I'm just trying to justify how smart he/she seems to be. Is it possible that he was like an administrative slave or something? Like, an office slave? Working 20 hours a day filing paperwork that no self respecting Imperial would degrade themselves doing, that kind of thing? I just can't mesh the idea of a brutish, "dumb" laborer (like most of the other slaves who arrive on Korriban with you" with the witty, snarky, smart mouthed Inquisitor.

I don't think it's ever canonically stated for the most part.

Although, I believe that if the Inquisitor is Chiss, it's mentioned during "Traitor Among The Chiss" that

they were sold into Imperial slavery because the Chiss see Force-sensitives as 'tainted', such as Valss

, implying that they might have been well-educated, even nobility beforehand. After all, one of the Bounty Hunter missions on DK is the capture/rescue of an Alderaanian Noble who had been mistakenly made a slave instead of ransomed back to his family.

Considering that, even before meeting Zash in person, they seem to have an affinity for artifacts that only seems to grow over the course of their class story, it's possible they worked at some kind of archeological site, maybe a Reclamation Service dig - possibly excavation, possibly even doing the physical labor of moving artifacts around while the IRS members catalogued and sorted them, who knows... But that's just me having a wild thought there, nothing really to back it up...

implying that they might have been well-educated, even nobility beforehand.

I think that belief is universal among the Chiss (or at least among the ones in the Ascendancy)(1), so you can't really justify the "well-educated" thing, and doubly-so the "nobility" thing.

(1) There's certainly nothing in the indicated statement that implies that it's just the nobles who believe that.

By the way, not all slaves are brutish or dumb. The first slaves brought across the Atlantic were building houses and such. That requires mathematics and a good sense of how to put things together (without having them come out crooked and what not). Edited by JYthelifesaver

I got the impression that the Inquisitor was actually grabbed for training in Korriban at a fairly young age, but I could be wrong. What the inquisitor's parents did as slaves is of course up for debate.

I don't know if the Sith have rules against training older Force sensitives like the Jedi did. I get the sense Kira was a little older when she was found by Master Kiwiks, so perhaps the rule on only training younglings is a more recent (i.e. prequel movies) Jedi Order development. There's obviously a number of people the light sided JC and JK turn to the light in young adulthood during their respective stories, and the Order takes them in and tries to do something with them.

I got the impression that the Inquisitor was actually grabbed for training in Korriban at a fairly young age, but I could be wrong. What the inquisitor's parents did as slaves is of course up for debate.

I don't know if the Sith have rules against training older Force sensitives like the Jedi did. I get the sense Kira was a little older when she was found by Master Kiwiks, so perhaps the rule on only training younglings is a more recent (i.e. prequel movies) Jedi Order development. There's obviously a number of people the light sided JC and JK turn to the light in young adulthood during their respective stories, and the Order takes them in and tries to do something with them.

If I remember something I read once correctly, that particular rule didn't come about until the Ruusan Reformation circa 1000 BBY (two thousand years post-TOR setting), but I'm not certain...

Don't forget Padawan Fia, who was found by Master Till'in when she was already an untrained young adult working on a garbage scow.

I believe that if the Inquisitor is Chiss, it's mentioned during "Traitor Among The Chiss" that

they were sold into Imperial slavery because the Chiss see Force-sensitives as 'tainted', such as Valss

That's interesting, I'll have to take a chiss inq through that FP.

I usually head-canon this. I usually assume the following:

If the inquisitor is non-human other than a Chiss, the character was born into slavery.

If the character is Chiss, they were sold into slavery because their family wanted to hide his/her force sensitivity.

If the character is human, they were sold into slavery to pay off debt to the Hutt cartels and eventually ended up in the Empire.

The jobs that they have can vary widely depending on the character.

Edited by Pathera