Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only one more wave of invites today ..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Only one more wave of invites today ..

pottedfrog
12.13.2011 , 01:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MackumDog View Post
ok lets just have everyone on and then you would complain of login issues, server lag and massive queues.

Keep Calm and SWTOR On
I'm not asking for eveyone in, I'm not even asking for myself, I'm asking them to do more than just a few waves - especially as this it the first day of their EGA. Don't quote 'server stability / stress control' becuase that was why they had stress-test weekends.

As for complaining? I'm hardly complaining lol, just asking them to do more waves (as 1mill + pre-orders take a while to go through)

Lord_Itharius
12.13.2011 , 01:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Baizak View Post
Anyone that entered their code after the first day was delusional in thinking they would get in first day.

Not to seem harsh, but early bird gets the worm. You will get early access in the order of wich you redeemed your code. This has been stated thousands of times (literally) There should be no shock and awe. I love all the "I can not believe I am not in yet" threads. Like whining on the forums has ever netted a positive result.
I don't know if they even announced early access by the time preorders first started.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

contingency
12.13.2011 , 01:08 PM | #23
The whole point of staggered start was to ensure that the starter zones werent overcrowded and from what I have been watching they arent.

So then why wouldnt there be a constant wave after wave of invites? Server population caps can be increased so that isnt an issue.

Bioware? EA? CSR?

Would love an official answer to this.
Life is your curse, and I shall free you from it...

Seerees
12.13.2011 , 01:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Itharius View Post
I'm guessing about 200,000 people will be invited by day's end. If tomorrow, 300,000 people are invited, and 500,000 people are invited on December 15th, then everyone who preordered will have at least 5 days early access.

I'm hoping that will be the case.
You release the 1 million number poeple are throwing around is just US physical box pre-orders right, digital and EU isn't included in that number.

Feeblezak
12.13.2011 , 01:09 PM | #25
my budgey could do this scheme better, and that died 2 years ago.
SWTOR Collectors Edition Pre-Order
Roleplayer

☭ ★

Mithykyl
12.13.2011 , 01:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
I'll be satisfied if someone from BW posts what they have learned so far from the early waves and what the rest of us can expect over the next few days.

I'm resigned to the fact that I'm not getting in today, but yet I'm still trolling the forums in hopes of getting a better idea of when I will get in.

I believe that 80% of the frustration & complaints are due to the lack of a soft estimate of when people will get in.
That is what has me upset. If they would have sent an email to me informing me of the day, like I assumed they would in the first place.. Hit f5, ***

kalexkhan
12.13.2011 , 01:10 PM | #27
I just wish they had a way for people to get names they wanted now.

Mithykyl
12.13.2011 , 01:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Feeblezak View Post
my budgey could do this scheme better, and that died 2 years ago.
lol very amusing

Rexnorak
12.13.2011 , 01:10 PM | #29
I think they're being smart by not adding more waves. The servers may be handling the traffic right now, but many people, like myself, are at work and can't play. I'm betting the servers get slammed sometime after 5pm eastern time.

I'm probably still several days out with my invite since I didn't order until the beginning of October, and I'm fine with that. I can't play anyway until Friday.

ptwonline
12.13.2011 , 01:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by contingency View Post
The whole point of staggered start was to ensure that the starter zones werent overcrowded and from what I have been watching they arent.

So then why wouldnt there be a constant wave after wave of invites? Server population caps can be increased so that isnt an issue.

Bioware? EA? CSR?

Would love an official answer to this.
Actually, the point of the staggered start was not overcrowding (they have shards to take care of that) but to make sure the login and game servers did not have a cardiac arrest as millions of people hit them at the same time.