No more Alderaan Civil War for me

SweetOldBob

I've enjoyed the Alderaan Civil War WZ quite a bit, but recently on "Prophecy of the Five", it seems like every time the Pubs are down 1 turret to 2, there are 2 or more defenders camping at our node. Worse, if the game continues to go against us, more and more Pubs decide that the only thing to do is farm some defense medals.

I favor a conservative style of play; I think if you have two turrets, the best thing to do is defend them like crazy. But if you need to cap one, chances are the Imps are not going to try really hard to 3 cap. If they do, you can respond to a call. Even if you lose the thing, it should be easier to get one back from a 3 cap than a 2 cap.

Waiting for a loss is boring as all get out, and solo attacks on a well defended turret are pointless. Trying to convince teammates to reconsider giving up only irritates them. The only solution I see is to leave the WZ as soon as I see that it's ACW.

I've enjoyed the Alderaan Civil War WZ quite a bit, but recently on "Prophecy of the Five", it seems like every time the Pubs are down 1 turret to 2, there are 2 or more defenders camping at our node. Worse, if the game continues to go against us, more and more Pubs decide that the only thing to do is farm some defense medals.

I favor a conservative style of play; I think if you have two turrets, the best thing to do is defend them like crazy. But if you need to cap one, chances are the Imps are not going to try really hard to 3 cap. If they do, you can respond to a call. Even if you lose the thing, it should be easier to get one back from a 3 cap than a 2 cap.

Waiting for a loss is boring as all get out, and solo attacks on a well defended turret are pointless. Trying to convince teammates to reconsider giving up only irritates them. The only solution I see is to leave the WZ as soon as I see that it's ACW.

Yup agreed. I'd be fine if they removed defender medals altogether, or perhaps ONLY give the defender medals to the first defending player in the vicinity & perhaps a cap of 2 medals only (which would encourage teams to swap players to earn more medals). What you're seeing however, is a direct result of actual PvP types leaving the game, and the carebear types queue'ing up more often and just farming. Pretty sad.

Edited by Pistols

I feel for you man I do. I was with two guildies last night and we took mid right away and then east and yeah within two minutes of that happening they all started to farm defender medals.

It would be wrong to say though that this only happens on the pub side, it sucks whenever it happens whether it be your team or your opponents.

Yup agreed. I'd be fine if they removed defender medals altogether, or perhaps ONLY give the defender medals to the first defending player in the vicinity & perhaps a cap of 2 medals only (which would encourage teams to swap players to earn more medals). What you're seeing however, is a direct result of actual PvP types leaving the game, and the carebear types queue'ing up more often and just farming. Pretty sad.

The only way to beat this frustration is running with friends or players dedicated to pvping in the WZ. Like everyone else I have been in a few PUGs that steam rolled and knew what they were doing. I have also been in some that just rose my blood pressure and I basically just pvp'd on my own while 4 farmed defense medals. It's maddening.

Personally I thinking winning is a lot more fun than accepting a loss in hopes of farming commendations for gear.

I personally think that the best way to make ACW more competitive is to make the cap time take only 4 seconds instead of 8.

If you allow the turrets to swap more easily you can break up the current view that it is impossible to come back from a deficit.

That belief is the sole reason you see these "defender" farmers, they know that they are losing badly and that the only way to win is to 2-3 cap, which, based on their current losing status, is a nearly impossible feat. Thus, they abandon the warzone objectives and focus on earning the highest maximum reward for a loss (i.e. farming medals).

I personally think that the best way to make ACW more competitive is to make the cap time take only 4 seconds instead of 8.

If you allow the turrets to swap more easily you can break up the current view that it is impossible to come back from a deficit.

That belief is the sole reason you see these "defender" farmers, they know that they are losing badly and that the only way to win is to 2-3 cap, which, based on their current losing status, is a nearly impossible feat. Thus, they abandon the warzone objectives and focus on earning the highest maximum reward for a loss (i.e. farming medals).

If it were to change from 8 to 4 seconds for a cap stealth classes would have a field day capping nodes...I know I would.

In speaking of pug matches whether solo or a partial remade, it is the tenacity of the players that make or break the defense camping.

I solo pug a lot due to time zones from my guides and I see the points made. Some times us imps on pot5 lose the 2nd node after a good fight and then it is only 2-3 players that still fight to flip. This map and novarre make it to easy to give up and then wait out the time, which leads to chat arguments, etc.

Yet, I have seen some where no one gives up and by successful diversion we can take and hold. Usually comms and heals affect fights like these more than facing a full premade team, but team composition could also be a factor. I don'tggive up till the match has hit its point of no return and the match can't be won.