Is full battlemaster pvp gear good enough to run Hm Flashpoints?

IM just wondering if full battle master pvp gear is good enough to run HM Flashpoints? The reason i ask is, ive only ever pvped in this game since launch and i wanted to experience some of the HM Flashpoints to see what im missing and i qued and when i got in the other members of the party QQed at me for using pvp gear, im melee dps btw if its relevant at all. Thanks lads.

If they QQed you for Black Talon, Boarding Party or The Foundry, then they have a problem. But yes, for any other Flashpoint, many will have a problem bringing you because you're losing too many points on expertise that makes your gear just better than Tionese gear.

If you really want to invest a bit more on PvE content, I suggest you to do some dailies first, they offer good gear/mods. You should start with the easy Flashpoints (the three I mentioned above) and Operations, also don't forget to pick up Daily and Weekly. After you get a couple of Columi and Tionese gear, you should have no problem running any other HM Flashpoints except Lost Island.

IM just wondering if full battle master pvp gear is good enough to run HM Flashpoints? The reason i ask is, ive only ever pvped in this game since launch and i wanted to experience some of the HM Flashpoints to see what im missing and i qued and when i got in the other members of the party QQed at me for using pvp gear, im melee dps btw if its relevant at all. Thanks lads.

you should be fine, they really nerfed hardmodes and i often run with PUGS in recruit gear

the only thing i dont like about running with pvp-people is many of them don't know fights, or bother to tell the group they don't know fights.

i know its probably too much to ask people to wait until they have ran the hardmode itself before queing up for random. but at least know how to dps in PVE.

-let the tank pull first. u have no idea how big of a problem this is. in almost every PUG i run with, theres a careless dps you runs ahead of me (tank) with low health and pulls the mob. you can have half a brain and still be able to dps. this is not the case for heals and tanks.

-focus weaker enemies, then strongs, then elites

-buy a stim. just common courtesy, specially if youre in pvp gear.

-listen to the group, if they tell you not to do something then dont do it. simple i know, but ive been with a few shadow DPS who "know what they are doing" and use their threat stance instead of of damage, then complain to me when they take aggro and die.

but hell. even if you are doing everything right. some people are just mean and just complain for no real reason

Recruit gear is enough to run story mode Ops. You won't carry slackers and you have to know your class to carry your weight, but Ops in recruit, it can be done. After all recruit is similar to tionese, and step up from tionese is columni, that drops in SM.

BM gear is equivalent to Rakata, that drops from HM Ops, so it(Rakata) is about 2 steps above what is required for HM Flashpoints.

Only difference between Rakata and BM is amount of main stat on hilt/armoring. All pvp mods/enhancements are identical to PvE ones excet that they have experitse, for free. You may be about 150-200 main stat below full Rakata, so you shouldn't go with BM to Nightmare mode Ops, but you are still far above required level for HM flashpoints.

Any HM, besides Lost Island, can EEEEASILY be done in full battlemaster. In fact, I'd say you would be overgeared for all the current HMs in full BM.

The only exception is Lost Island which is in its own queue.

Edited by clearsighted

I have to agree. Before I quit playing (when Mass Effect 3 was released), I was tanking HM FPs (Kaon, Taral V, Maelstrom Prison) without a lot of difficulty, and I (Vanguard) was in rating 110-122 armor (my own crafted purple up to lvl 47, but none of the lvl 49 stuff). All my armor was crafted as redoubt (defense), and then the first purple I got the schematic for. 2-3 pieces were Veracity.

I think people usually over exaggerate the armor rating you need for HM FPs (except Lost Island). If you have a decent (non-stupid) group, you shouldn't have much trouble.

I started playing again, and (just last night) now average 140 Armor rating. I honestly don't see a big difference, considering it wasn't really trouble before. The FPs go a little faster, due to the better gear, and 1.3 nerf, but it is survivable with less.

I think most people just want the higher gear now because they are using to blowing through the HMs at full speed. It doesn't "require" higher level gear though.

Edited by PlayLoud
corrected armor rating after looking it up.

Hmm my BM gear is fully aug.

When I compare the stats now between it and columi its the same or slightly better for main stats. The second stats are as good as rakata. My weapon dps is as good as rakata. The armour rating is as good as rakata. So id say for hm fps your fine and its just some guys being jerks who arnt looking at your stats just that its pvp.

You'd be a drag in Lost Island I would expect, but it shouldn't be an issue in almost anything else. And actually, you can take a hit better in BM than in tionese or probably columi (it's been a while since I was in either battlemaster or columi in a HM, so my memory's a little fuzzy on whether you'd get more or less HP in the default sets for one or the other).

As a side note, the role that is least effected by being in full battlemaster rather than, say, full columi would be the TANK, not the DPS.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

Hmm my BM gear is fully aug.

When I compare the stats now between it and columi its the same or slightly better for main stats. The second stats are as good as rakata. My weapon dps is as good as rakata. The armour rating is as good as rakata. So id say for hm fps your fine and its just some guys being jerks who arnt looking at your stats just that its pvp.

That's like comparing an apple to an orange, also while aug BM will have similar main stats as columi it still won't be the same in other areas.

It also says a lot about the player, someone who spent most of their time focusing on killing other players for their gear isn't the sort of person you'll want to take on a HM ops raid, you'd have better luck taking someone with tionese because they'd at least have endgame PvE experience.

That's like comparing an apple to an orange, also while aug BM will have similar main stats as columi it still won't be the same in other areas.

It also says a lot about the player, someone who spent most of their time focusing on killing other players for their gear isn't the sort of person you'll want to take on a HM ops raid, you'd have better luck taking someone with tionese because they'd at least have endgame PvE experience.

The point I was making was that if your bm gear is augmented then it sits somewhere around columi. And should be good for hm fps I have compared them. Also because someone pvps didn't mean they arnt a good pve player its a very sweeping remark. You seem to have a low opinion of pvpers which is making you post unfairly biased.

you were new to these fps once and had to learn them you shouldn't dismiss new players so quickly before you see what they play like. I have limited time to play and have mainly been pvping hence I have pvp gear. Recently I joined a guild and started pve content, so im still getting pve geared but I do just fine in hm fps in what I've said above, which is what the op asked.

Edited by Apeth

Or they just PVP enough to get full BM while still doing PVE. :-p Tionese isn't even worth having if you have BM gear, weapon aside; I spent most of those commendations and crystals on companions. Especially when BM because super easy to get. Also, if a person managed to get full Tio without a single piece of Columi, I'd wonder how often they FINISHED endgame PVE instances.

Or they just PVP enough to get full BM while still doing PVE. :-p Tionese isn't even worth having if you have BM gear, weapon aside; I spent most of those commendations and crystals on companions. Especially when BM because super easy to get. Also, if a person managed to get full Tio without a single piece of Columi, I'd wonder how often they FINISHED endgame PVE instances.

You missed my point (and I wasn't saying BM isn't good for HM flashpoints or story EV, I'm on about beyond that), I'm more on about the experience the guy in PvP gear is going to bring to endgame PvE. I went the BM to columi route myself however the thing I'm noticing now as I'm moving on to HM ops (with fully augmented columi/rakata/BH mix) is some people want to skip columi altogether and head straight for rakata without endgame PvE experience bar the solo dailies. Some easy things you'd pick up in tier 1 flashpoints they'd miss, had a few in EV the other day kept on picking up unnecessary agro and running straight on to gharg without rest of the group or knowing his mechanics. Even simple things like an easy to get out of the way AoE people don't move giving an extra job to healers who are too busy trying to keep the tanks up so everyone else don't get agro.

That's why I'd rather play with someone who's gone the tionese route than some PvPer with no endgame PvE experience, while BM is perfectly fine for tier 1 flashpoints and "with augs" similar stats to stock columi it's still not PvE gear, the person who acquired it still has to earn the experience they would've had grinding gear for endgame PvE to be good enough to go on to harder content.

I was doing normal mode ops in champion gear the first couple of times.

Battlemaster is much better, so yes it is possible by all means to do a successful run in this.

Edited by Avenox

You missed my point (and I wasn't saying BM isn't good for HM flashpoints or story EV, I'm on about beyond that), I'm more on about the experience the guy in PvP gear is going to bring to endgame PvE. I went the BM to columi route myself however the thing I'm noticing now as I'm moving on to HM ops (with fully augmented columi/rakata/BH mix) is some people want to skip columi altogether and head straight for rakata without endgame PvE experience bar the solo dailies. Some easy things you'd pick up in tier 1 flashpoints they'd miss, had a few in EV the other day kept on picking up unnecessary agro and running straight on to gharg without rest of the group or knowing his mechanics. Even simple things like an easy to get out of the way AoE people don't move giving an extra job to healers who are too busy trying to keep the tanks up so everyone else don't get agro.

That's why I'd rather play with someone who's gone the tionese route than some PvPer with no endgame PvE experience, while BM is perfectly fine for tier 1 flashpoints and "with augs" similar stats to stock columi it's still not PvE gear, the person who acquired it still has to earn the experience they would've had grinding gear for endgame PvE to be good enough to go on to harder content.

If you have people who can't get out of the way of AOE dmg than they are just terrible players. Staying out of AOE dmg is something you learn in pvp as well in pve. So it has nothing to do with the gear the person or what route they took to get the gear. Its their skill as a player that matters most. Those people you used in that example don't really support your argument well.

Edited by Iolus

I was about to post the same question, so thanks for the answers. Looking forward to trying out the LFG feature.

My main has 5 rakata (minor) pieces along with BM and WH gear, so it sounds like once I learn the encounters, my gear shouldn't be an issue.