just started playing again...so it's official, balance/madness out dpses Lightning/TK

Macetheace

and it does so in every situation? AoE, movements, standing still. Or am I mistaken?

I just did a sequence of parses, my TK/lightning was roughly averaging 3.45k, and balance/madness 3.55k

is this true for everyone else? what about AoE intensive fights too? balance/madness out dpsing TK/lightning?

by how much is the dps disparity are you finding? it could be that because I have high latency ms over 100ms that it plays better into balance/madness hands than TK/lightning, so your results might be better, anyone has any heads up?

i have exactly the same gap,even if i tried only on a dummy since i normally heal, i can only imagine the gap to grow on live due to dot spamming and death field damaging multiple targets. idk if it may suffer from multiple target switching and burst heavy fights, but i don't think so..let's see what 3.0 brings on the table, the utilities seem to be an interesting formula so far..

It does on single target fights. If you know what to do in Telekinetics you will easily perform better on AoE heavy fights like Draxus or Corruptor Zero. It's also got better burst for challenging burn phases. And yes, getting max dps out of Telekinetics is more difficult imo, since you have to adapt your rotation a lot, depending on add spawns etc.

I thought Madness was better than Lightning when I first started DPSing, but really it depends on the fight. Come 3.0 it looks like Madness might actually do better aoe than Lightning though thanks to Death Field putting Affliction and Creeping Terror on all non-affected targets. Lightning does a lot better on burn phases than Madness though. It's just the nature of the specs and how DOTs work. The shorter the fight needs to be the better Lightning will do. Edited by CloudzDeven