Community Round-Up: March 21st, 2013

CourtneyWoods

Could you please be real with the APAC community. From counting numbers it seems that We could have easily had 1 server especially when people on dalborra were happy with their server as it is. I believe you were comparing the population to the current US servers which even we know won't ever come close to being the same.

With the amount of people unsubscribing right now - would it have hurt to merge everyone into 1 server? All the subscriptions you could have kept would have paid for the server. Also Keep in mind that no one gave a crap about their server type, just because 10 people mentioned it it doesn't then become a factor in your decision making. I understand that in another years time that the merged server could then become dead and then you could shut it down, but you acted too prematurely and shut the APAC community down a year too early.

We are now starting a thread to pay and support our own APAC server... I believe bioware won't support it for the pure fact that if it works out then it will make bioware look terrible because they gave up on it.

And the last question I'm going to add is... Did you think to just cut all the costs for the APAC community and settle to keep 20% of the players so that's a 20% bonus added to the US server?

EDIT: to try and be more constructive and rather that going for explanations I'm going to ask a question everyone wants to know at this stage... what do we have to do to have 1 APAC server?

I would appreciate a full response. Thank you

Edited by Obiraysbrother

Could you please be real with the APAC community. From counting numbers it seems that We could have easily had 1 server especially when people on dalborra were happy with their server as it is. I believe you were comparing the population to the current US servers which even we know won't ever come close to being the same.

With the amount of people unsubscribing right now - would it have hurt to merge everyone into 1 server? All the subscriptions you could have kept would have paid for the server. Also Keep in mind that no one gave a crap about their server type, just because 10 people mentioned it it doesn't then become a factor in your decision making. I understand that in another years time that the merged server could then become dead and then you could shut it down, but you acted too prematurely and shut the APAC community down a year too early.

We are now starting a thread to pay and support our own APAC server... I believe bioware won't support it for the pure fact that if it works out then it will make bioware look terrible because they gave up on it.

And the last question I'm going to add is... Did you think to just cut all the costs for the APAC community and settle to keep 20% of the players so that's a 20% bonus added to the US server?

EDIT: to try and be more constructive and rather that going for explanations I'm going to ask a question everyone wants to know at this stage... what do we have to do to have 1 APAC server?

I would appreciate a full response. Thank you

This.

My suggestion(s) for the next round-up as follows

1. A review of the hundreds of players that are leaving the game due to the announcement of forced APAC to US server mergers. 75% of the APAC community have stated that they will leave the game (statistics taken from an online poll)

2. The multiple threads across many forums from very unhappy APAC customers asking for the decision to be changed. 92% of the APAC community have requested an APAC server merge and 0% have requested an APAC to US merge (statistics taken from an online poll)

I think that these are the only 2 things that should be highlighted, since this is a community round-up. The APAC community is extremely annoyed and this decision is going force many players to leave this game

well said Xeeva

pls stop the merger guys, have some brains and lessen to your subs

Perhaps you could interview your Chief Executive of Bad Decisions about why he hates the APAC community with such a terminal intensity, and why we can't have a single server instead of being dumped into American servers.

CEO quit/pushed out depending on how you read it last week. But seems he is still effecting us. Would love to hear what you plan to do to improve connections if they are moving APAC people to NA? At the current ping and server spikes pve/pvp is not playable. I have run threw the tests, and I am not a light skirt when it comes to systems on a average day I have my hands in 30+ computers/servers/workstations/blades. There is something seriously wrong on your side if it is engine or the host you hired.