No Double EXP Event for the Holidays?

Ylliarus

When looking over the events planned ingame for December and the Holiday season, I was surprised to see there was no double EXP event scheduled among the listed events. If I recall correctly, we often had the event running during the Life Day season ingame. On top of that, there was no double EXP event after the release of Onslaught and I recall the dev team once said that they would always run the event in and around big patch updates. I'd wager the 6.0 patch update was significant enough to warrant a double EXP event :p

Is there a possibility to have a double EXP event scheduled in, into December and the holiday season? It would be a great opportunity to boost our characters' EXP or Renown level etc etc.

I must admit I was expecting one. However we have had one recently and just because BW has given one previously for Life Day event does not equal must give one. Still there's time to add one if BW want to.

Recently? The last one we had was during the summer holidays, if I recall correctly, which is quite a while ago. I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any in between, unless I am really, really blind. There wasn't even a Double EXP event after the launch of Onslaught.

Edited by Ylliarus

Recently? The last one we had was during the summer holidays, if I recall correctly, which is quite a while ago. I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any in between, unless I am really, really blind. There wasn't even a Double EXP event after the launch of Onslaught.

Because in between the new expansion came out and uses up all the manpower. As they explained earlier running a double xp/rxp event is more than just flipping a switch and requires preparation. In addition they don't want you to rush through the character and renown levels with the new expansion out. And while the last event was during summer, it ran for a full month in preparation for Onslaught. So don't expect double xp/rxp until next spring.

Edited by Phazonfreak

You really think they'll have a double XP so soon after an expansion came out? I know it's easy to level from 70-75, but it's the principal.

If I had to guess I wouldn't expect any Double XP event for at least another 3-4 months.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I just want to confirm that there will not be a double XP event in December. We ran a long double XP event on the lead-up to Onslaught and as others have alluded to, we don't want to run a double event this soon after the expansion has launched. I am not sure yet when the next double event will be, but I would expect at least another couple of months.

Thanks all.

-eric

Hey folks,

I just want to confirm that there will not be a double XP event in December. We ran a long double XP event on the lead-up to Onslaught and as others have alluded to, we don't want to run a double event this soon after the expansion has launched. I am not sure yet when the next double event will be, but I would expect at least another couple of months.

Thanks all.

-eric

Thanks for the response! It's a pity there won't be a Double EXP event as I had hoped to make use of it during the free days around Christmas, but it's fair considering the summer Double EXP event was really extended!

Edited by Ylliarus

Which ended what 6-7 weeks ago? On top of which ran for a full month. I guess recently is subjective, but yes recently is the word I would use to describe it, it really was not that long ago.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Which ended what 6-7 weeks ago? On top of which ran for a full month. I guess recently is subjective, but yes recently is the word I would use to describe it, it really was not that long ago.

I mean I would call it recently too, but what would the harm be of one weekend around the holiday really. Meh, honestly levelling is so easy anyway that it's not a huge deal to me.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Well I would've appreciated a holiday with double rewards but this isn't a deal-breaker.

well the onslaught-story is the only thing providing a lot of xp so we can get fast from 70 to 75. i hate to run it over and over again with every char, it is so boring to do this, and a double-xp would be the only thing to skip this nonsense. there is no reason at all to force us to play this stuff over and over again. i can get to 75 easily only skipping to the second mek-sha mission, but it would take me countless h2s or warzones to get there, so would you please fix this ****? sorry, but i got better things to do, i don't want to play stuff that's only grinding valuable time out of my schedule and unlike gearing really keeps me from playing the stuff i want to play. i want to play high-pvp, that's what i subscribe for, and you honestly want me to do this onslaught-pve-crap a dozen times? come on, it's just ridiculous.

I mean I would call it recently too, but what would the harm be of one weekend around the holiday really. Meh, honestly levelling is so easy anyway that it's not a huge deal to me.

Never said there was harm, more to the points I even said so in my first post in this thread that I was expecting a double event myself. That however does not change that the last one was not that long ago as Ylliarus tried to make out.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

That however does not change that the last one was not that long ago as Ylliarus tried to make out.

In my head the time between now and the summer holidays seems really distant, hence why I was confused by the term "recently" :p but as we established, it's partially a subjective thing. It seemed like a really long time ago to me, but taking into account that the previous double EXP event lasted for a month, that changes perspectives. It's not that I disagree with it or anything, the passing of time just seemed to have been more considerable to me than it did to others, apparently.

I think it's pretty stupid they don't have 2xp over the holidays. They always did before and it made the content drought more bearable.

I also think it's weird [as usual] the way some of the people on this forum like to pretend they're BW's lawyers or something. "well just because they had one every year previously doesn't mean they're obligated to have one this year." Yes thanks for pointing out the obvious, bruh.

Never said there was harm, more to the points I even said so in my first post in this thread that I was expecting a double event myself. That however does not change that the last one was not that long ago as Ylliarus tried to make out.

My first sentence said I would call it recent. I guess reading is hard?

You can get to 50 or so in a few evenings/ hours play. Buy xp boosts and skip a whole lot....Or buy a boost token. there's not much more exciting at top level, unless you PvP a fair but, TBH

I mainly use the event to boost the valor level of my toons. There's a lot of nice character titles you can get from it and several incredibly neat armor pieces are locked behind a specific valor level. I use boost to 70 tokens on all new characters anyway, so it's primarily for the double valor points in my case :)

In my head the time between now and the summer holidays seems really distant, hence why I was confused by the term "recently" :p but as we established, it's partially a subjective thing. It seemed like a really long time ago to me, but taking into account that the previous double EXP event lasted for a month, that changes perspectives. It's not that I disagree with it or anything, the passing of time just seemed to have been more considerable to me than it did to others, apparently.

Np, I too was expecting a DXP even though we did have one recently. Mainly just because it's Christmas.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Running double XP BEFORE an expension does not make any sense from the perspective of players. Period. It has a disgusting business aspect and that is all there is to it. Cut the corporate BS propaganda, it is offending.

Edited by varietasplus

Funny how the exp event happened 'before' the expansion drop. Now 8 weeks later and life day incoming in a few weeks, we get nothing... Not that I need the exp event or anything, but come on Bioware... Edited by ZeroTypeR

Funny how the exp event happened 'before' the expansion drop. Now 8 weeks later and life day incoming in a few weeks, we get nothing... Not that I need the exp event or anything, but come on Bioware...

it happened before the expac drop to get more players, especially new players up to 70 to try the new content. They've done it for most of the recent expacs. As for a DXP event now, I think musco said they weren't doing it because it had to be added in to the code before hand, and with the new *updates* they didn't want to mess with the code. Or something like that...lol.