So Operative/Scoundrel has knockdown removed, but Assassin/Shadow get to keep theirs

cashogy_reborn

right, so why not buff them to be more long term combatants? There really is no reason to oppose the removal of those mechanics and the removal of their burst in favor of a more prolonged combat setup except for the classic "haha i win, i'm awesome look at me go" attitude that 95% of operatives have.

If stealth was no longer about setting up openers but rather making situations more unique it would solve a lot of problems and the class would be better off for it. It would make them more viable in ranked, in ops and in regs. Obviously you would need to give them a significant boost to survivability and new abilities for long term combat but in the end I think it's a better model than constantly buffing and nerfing a class that really serves very little purpose as is other than griefing and smugness.

Because as of right now there is nothing wrong with their opener and there is nothing wrong with their damage. All they needed was a small QoL to defense. Make defense screen absorb more than a measly 2k or make sneak work like deceptions blackout and give it a 25% DR. Move the CD reduction of dodge from the healer tree to the scrapper tree.

The spec doesn't need anything crazy defensively, just enough to live longer than 2 seconds. Scrappers are WAY too easy to kill. I've been in matches where there are 3 healers on a scrapper and he still gets killed because he has nothing to mitigate that damage.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how BW is 'taking care of business' . Buff > PvEr-Alarm! > Nerf > Ppl (aka PvPers) QQ , tell BW they'll quit Sub > Buff > PvErs go Mad > Nerf and so on . (From a PvP PoV.)

P.S Instead of Buffing classes that require a Buff (aka Conc/Scrap) which go down like Butter .

Edited by ahzecklawd

This is how BW is 'taking care of business' . Buff > PvEr-Alarm! > Nerf > Ppl (aka PvPers) QQ , tell BW they'll quit Sub > Buff > PvErs go Mad > Nerf and so on . (From a PvP PoV.)

P.S Instead of Buffing classes that require a Buff (aka Conc/Scrap) which go down like Butter .

Thanks for reopening a 7 month old thread that isn't even applicable since the spike kd was removed.

Bravo sir

Thanks for reopening a 7 month old thread that isn't even applicable since the spike kd was removed.

Bravo sir

Technically shadows still have a stun though.

Scrappers get a root + interrupt for 2 points.

In retrospect though, I hated facing other concealment ops or scrappers. the knockdown was downright annoying. The most annoying class to get ganked by was a group of 4 scrappers. or operatives. BW couldnt make them viable, as their playstyle pissed off so many people.

As a dps scoundrel though, it would be nice to get something back to make the class worth playing again.

Edited by Haystak

Technically shadows still have a stun though.

Scrappers get a root + interrupt for 2 points.

In retrospect though, I hated facing other concealment ops or scrappers. the knockdown was downright annoying. The most annoying class to get ganked by was a group of 4 scrappers. or operatives. BW couldnt make them viable, as their playstyle pissed off so many people.

As a dps scoundrel though, it would be nice to get something back to make the class worth playing again.

Concealment doesn't need the knockdown. I have a concealment op (who I'm not very good on) but I feel her damage is more than fine. It's defensive wise that she lacks.