What would you like to see for the future of SWTOR?

dragonczarxi

I'm gonna be completely honest.

What i want? This:

For Bioware EA to come out and tell us they will give us a boxed full fledged expansion every 2 years. Or, for them to announce a reboot of the game with a brand new engine.

In short what i want is: for EA/Bioware to make it clear that this game has a long and bright future and show their commitment to it. If EA/Bioware dont believe in it themselves, who will believe them?

Edited by Nemmar

• 1 month later...
A new dev team

Thats is icredible irrational. The Dev team made a great game and is still making a great game. The choices of engine and wich content is charged and when it comes out is not theirs.

At the end of the day, they are the ones that still make this game worth playing.

We just need execs/leadership that brings it to good port.

Ah, right! The topic.

I want a WoW like sized expansion.

Edited by Nemmar

Individual class and companion story extensions.

New classes, with new stories and companions.

Player housing and the ability to craft decorative items like rugs for said housing.

Less mucking about the world in pubs and living it up.

Thats is icredible irrational. The Dev team made a great game and is still making a great game. The choices of engine and wich content is charged and when it comes out is not theirs.

At the end of the day, they are the ones that still make this game worth playing.

Ah, right! The topic.

Are we playing the same game? The only good thing is the story and they have writers for that not devs. And i dont know upon what planet devs dont make engine calls. Arexyu from krypton?

It makes sense someone saying how awesome the game is that has no clue about development. What is one thing so exceeding besides the story. Last i checked they took ideas from other games and put their own spin on them aka basic functionality, buggy and barely working

Edited by mmjarec
Sj

Pazaak, Sabaac, And Swoop Racing. Player housing on world with decorations you can fully customize, allow players to make decorations by assembling objects from a set of things with a little interface, choose color and textures and stuff like that to create a player economy.

Guild housing and halls.

Ah, right! The topic.

It's not irrational at all. The current development team still takes ages to do class balancing that is pointed out on Test Servers when they're being tested. It takes upwards of 6 months to see ANY substantial changes to a class for both PVE and PVP and that is unacceptable in any MMO. "Smash" spec and operative healing have been pointed out since 1.4 as being too "op" in the PVP environment and what happened in 2.0? They both got buffed. The complete opposite of the feedback.

Your point on the original development team making a great game is simply wrong. (in my opinion of course.) The original development team didn't listen to a damn word the beta testers stated about any of the game and they told them: "You're just here to find bugs". How much of the original team is here again? Oh right... You don't think there is a reason for that? They abandoned ship // were fired when they realized that the game was mediocre at best once you finished the class story//world hubs. It wasn't until 2.0 that this game got somewhat better.

Since 2.0, the current development team is making better strides in the PVE raid environment (I will give them that) but it has taken 2 years to see any change to the space game, something that has been pined over since beta, and it's only a "PVP" thing right now. These are things that the development team should be making priorities (Or Bioware needs to expand with all the f2p cash that's being hauled in) and create content for.

This development team is just way too small or the engine they have to work with is really -THAT- bad to see changes in the game that need to happen. The way development teams should operate and consistently give feedback/react to feedback should be more like Rift's. They have a great team working for them and great with their community. ((I would just rather play star wars instead of it, or I would still be playing it. Oh. Their F2P model is also infinitely better.))