Particle Cannons are BROKEN!

---AlterEgo---

From the 1.1.2 Patchnotes:

Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.

Last week it was the SAME thing on my server. Exactly one day after the server reset the cannons were already broken. Now, one day after the server reset, none of the Particle Cannons are working once again.

Any chance we could get the Particle Cannons from stopping being usable after a day? Would be nice to have a way to fight Imps when we're being camped.

I know you guys tried to fix this last patch, but it didn't really work and it still needs work.

Edited by ---AlterEgo---

The particle cannons are the only way we can stand a chance against the 2:1 odds we face in big fights at our base--it would be nice if BW actually fixed the things they said they were going to fix.

I don't know if this issue is just on IC or if other servers have the same problem but it just exacerbates the already game-breaking problem of population imbalance in Ilum.

From the 1.1.2 Patchnotes:

Last week it was the SAME thing on my server. Exactly one day after the server reset the cannons were already broken. Now, one day after the server reset, none of the Particle Cannons are working once again.

Any chance we could get the Particle Cannons from stopping being usable after a day? Would be nice to have a way to fight Imps when we're being camped.

I know you guys tried to fix this last patch, but it didn't really work and it still needs work.

you are not camped, the imps do NOT push you back to your base where you are "stuck" ... you have speeders to other locations. The Pubs decide to fight at their base trying to suck in imps into the "you die zone"

it is the pubs that make this happen NOT THE IMPS

so you want to draw us into your web AND you want a gun behind us to shoot as well... I am glad they are broken

and I am sad that there are so many imps that are dogs chasing cars

and I am angry that the pubs try to make it sound like we are forcing them to fight there when they have travel routes available.

you are not camped, the imps do NOT push you back to your base where you are "stuck" ... you have speeders to other locations. The Pubs decide to fight at their base trying to suck in imps into the "you die zone"

so you want to draw us into your web AND you want a gun behind us to shoot as well... I am glad they are broken

and I am angry that the pubs try to make it sound like we are forcing them to fight there when they have travel routes available.

Your view is so tragically skewed. My option is one of three things:

1. Sit at our base and get camped with 2:1 numbers. (This results in the most kills; people get pulled, people are dumb and stand in AOEs, etc.)

2. Fly to a different speeder point and run around looking for stragglers. I might get a couple kills every 10-15 minutes, but most of the time the people have just died and they're returning from res.

3. Go to Central and try to collect armaments only to realize that there's 10 Imperials there, too.

I don't think you (or are capable of, being Imperial) fully grasp how gamebreakingly imbalanced the server population actually is.

Let me add that I truly don't mind being camped at our base. I just want the particle cannon to work to even the odds.

Edited by dougan

I made a thread about this yesterday and unfortunately, it seemed nobody cared about this. It's sad because if Bioware fixed the Cannons, Ilum would be far more enjoyable. My best Ilum PvP experiences by far came when all four of the Cannons were working and the Republics would crossfire two of the cannons at ours Ops group and wipe over half of our group in a matter of seconds. The Republic zerg even managed to push us back behind the Sourthern Point once. Ilum was awesome that day and it was primarily because the Cannons worked.

I made a thread about this yesterday and unfortunately, it seemed nobody cared about this. It's sad because if Bioware fixed the Cannons, Ilum would be far more enjoyable. My best Ilum PvP experiences by far came when all four of the Cannons were working and the Republics would crossfire two of the cannons at ours Ops group and wipe over half of our group in a matter of seconds. The Republic zerg even managed to push us back behind the Sourthern Point once. Ilum was awesome that day and it was primarily because the Cannons worked.

As someone said in another thread about this, the particle cannons are the only reconciling factor for population imbalance. If they aren't working, Ilum is the most un-fun and frustrating requirement in any game that I've ever played.

Oh absolutely.

I can attest to the fact that on Anchorhead right after the patch Republic players came out in force again in Ilum for the first time in almost a month. We actually wound up camping the imps at their base for a change at one point. Since the cannons broke though there have been less and less people showing up each day again, to the point that there's not only 20-25 Pubs in Ilum during prime time.

People just don't want to sit in their base and fish for kills, it's not fun for anyone. But when the alternative is throwing yourselves to the wolves waiting outside and giving them free valor, people just don't show up.

Opposite of smart comments when Repubs are facing 2 to 4 or more odds.

Fighting from a solid defensive position is the smart thing to do.

You have the numbers and you want kills, then you can come to us and fight at our base.

Don't like it then re-roll Repub and you can have a real PVP challenge.

Horde Play = Cowbell

Edited by Quinlynn

Right Pubs are to blaim because the don't want to feed you, their enemy, valor at a 10 to 1 rate...

No you just want free kills. You're angry that they have any way of evening the odds.

Opposite of smart comments when Repubs are facing 2 to 4 or more odds.

Fighting from a solid defensive position is the smart thing to do.

You have the numbers and you want kills, then you can come to us and fight at our base.

Don't like it then re-roll Repub and you can have a real PVP challenge.

Horde Play = Cowbell

No, pubs on my server use the speeders, in groups of 4-8, usually by one of the PvP guilds. They will coordinate attacks on other points. Imperials will send a few back to take those points so we can get full valor per kill. Usually the imps are reluctant to leave so only 2-3 people will go per group or someone who just arrive on Illium will hit it up. This is where they get ganked. When central is taken again (again no idea why imps are still in central doing boxes when there is bigger fish to fry) imps will send a few more, usually these pubs are unorganised and reluctant, they too will get smashed. Basically this will continue on for a while until a bulk of the imps break out, and this is when the pubs get their chance to "break the seige".

Usually after they take back central the imps will stay for a bit to see if the pubs will come back, but usually they will head back to pubs base and help the push, this will usually be enough to push imps back, and since the numbs are relatively more even they will have he upper hand cause their spawn point is literally right there. Central will come rushing back but only to catch the leg end and will get routed too.

By the time imps gets pushed all the way back to southern, pubs will have most of their kills for the day and so would the imps. Few people will still be around but those are usually taken care of by boxes or minor skirmishes.

The imbalance is starting to show in warzones as well. More imps means they get the +300% to valor bonus more often, they rank valor faster, finish their dailies easier, get the gear faster, roll face as BMs.

The trickle down of the faction imbalance is becoming more evident in other facets of the game because of the bonus for owning more bases on Ilum. The problem has grown beyond just having more people on empire side, the gear discrepency now is huge, both pvp and pve.

The reason why taking 4-8 guys to speeder behind to attack a different map is because Ilum is huge and nobody in their right mind is going to send 25 guys to chase 4 guys all over the map when they can just keep on siege a base that they know 20 guys are inside. Most people are only interested in the daily anyway, so valor isn't an issue. Besides, if the Imperails cared about valor, they can generally hold the Republic base quite easily, which means they get Defender bonus, which is a 400% Valor swing (+200% valor to Rep -> +200% valor Imp). It's not like your hit and run team will find too many enemy while you've a Defender bonus since it is clearly incapable of holding any ground for extended time.

The reason why taking 4-8 guys to speeder behind to attack a different map is because Ilum is huge and nobody in their right mind is going to send 25 guys to chase 4 guys all over the map when they can just keep on siege a base that they know 20 guys are inside. Most people are only interested in the daily anyway, so valor isn't an issue. Besides, if the Imperails cared about valor, they can generally hold the Republic base quite easily, which means they get Defender bonus, which is a 400% Valor swing (+200% valor to Rep -> +200% valor Imp). It's not like your hit and run team will find too many enemy while you've a Defender bonus since it is clearly incapable of holding any ground for extended time.

This is true. Ilum is FAR too big to be wandering around looking for a small group of 4 Republics who are most likely all stealth as well. If they aren't stealth, it's still very difficult to find them if they are smart and don't set off the huge alert that lets everyone in the instance know you are near a capture point.

You're much better off sitting outside the Republic base spamming your class buff on people while people pull enemies into the insta-death zone.

Edited by copasetic