Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

The entire issue would be a moot point, if BW would just fix their system and make Nightmare mode have a seperate lockout from hard mode.

Maybe this will finally force them to make that change, since there is no reason anymore for the two modes to have the same lockout.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there!

Up to this point, posts in this thread have slowly backed away from the originally intended topic of this thread, and moved closer to attacks and insults.

Non-constructive posts such as these tend to draw the attention of Kephess the Undying. Take care to ensure your posts stay on-topic and are free from any insults against other players or guilds, else this thread may suffer a terrible fate!

Thanks!

Appreciate the warning.

The discussion is over. There is nothing left to be said on the matter. I adjusted the spreadsheet. Continue posting your boss kills. Thanks.

Edited by Iggyemu

I am the guild leader of a progression raid guild on the Ebon Hawk that tried to compete for server first this time around and I wanted to throw my two cents in on this argument. I don't think there is anything wrong with skipping bosses to get the gear before the lockout is over, its only sensible to do that. To me though to skip the hardest boss in the operation and then clear the rest of it and then claim it as world firsts is just funny. I do think Bioware is really to blame on this one for just refusing to let us know if the second boss is actually bugged (Which I believe its not working as intended) or if we are supposed to gear up to take it down. However I do think we should set the standard going forward that Boss skipping is not allowed when it comes to world or even server first claims. I thought it was set in EC NiM and had been discussed thoroughly but looks like that was not the case. I didn't raid in WoW so I really don't know how it worked over there but Boss Skipping for World Firsts just seems wrong. I mean in reality we could have done the first two bosses in HM and killed OP IX before anyone had a chance to see it on the day it dropped and we would have been world first??? Something seems wrong with that to me. But that is just my two cents.

I am the guild leader of a progression raid guild on the Ebon Hawk that tried to compete for server first this time around and I wanted to throw my two cents in on this argument. I don't think there is anything wrong with skipping bosses to get the gear before the lockout is over, its only sensible to do that. To me though to skip the hardest boss in the operation and then clear the rest of it and then claim it as world firsts is just funny. I do think Bioware is really to blame on this one for just refusing to let us know if the second boss is actually bugged (Which I believe its not working as intended) or if we are supposed to gear up to take it down. However I do think we should set the standard going forward that Boss skipping is not allowed when it comes to world or even server first claims. I thought it was set in EC NiM and had been discussed thoroughly but looks like that was not the case. I didn't raid in WoW so I really don't know how it worked over there but Boss Skipping for World Firsts just seems wrong. I mean in reality we could have done the first two bosses in HM and killed OP IX before anyone had a chance to see it on the day it dropped and we would have been world first??? Something seems wrong with that to me. But that is just my two cents.

I disagree, people like myself thought the fight was impossible. It is not. The fight just requires massive amount of dps skill, tanking skill and healing skill. If the dev tracker says something i will admit defeat but as of right now the fight it possible from my perspective.

I disagree, people like myself thought the fight was impossible. It is not. The fight just requires massive amount of dps skill, tanking skill and healing skill. If the dev tracker says something i will admit defeat but as of right now the fight it possible from my perspective.

The promise that bioware made was that any group composition should be able to clear their content with enough effort. We can clearly see that this fight wants the highest of the high dps or nothing at all.

Bioware never made the promise that all content would be doable with all comps...it's never been that way in progression. If you weren't running with sorc healers when the game launched, you were gimped. They have said that they hope that the classes are even, but one way or another, someone's getting carried. For the sake of argument, let's say that assassins are the lowest dps and snipers the highest. If they tuned it to be doable for 4 dps assassins, the snipers might not find it challenging. If they tune it to the level of the snipers, everyone finds it challenging, and if the assassins realize they can't beat it, they make changes to their comp. If you believe the whole "encounters are designed to treat all comps equal" mantra that devs claim from time to time, you're naive. Good raid groups come prepared with different options so comp doesn't slow them down.

The promise that bioware made was that any group composition should be able to clear their content with enough effort. We can clearly see that this fight wants the highest of the high dps or nothing at all.

I think that promise actually refers to SM and HM Operations. I don't remember them ever saying that you wouldn't have to take 2 Mara's and 2 Snipers into a Nightmare Operation.

I think that promise actually refers to SM and HM Operations. I don't remember them ever saying that you wouldn't have to take 2 Mara's and 2 Snipers into a Nightmare Operation.

Promise was for all content assuming there is enough effort given it should be clearable by all classes. This seems possible as it is for every boss except for dread guard and TfB. TfB is acceptable as it is the final boss, dread guard is not. A group of four sins should be possible, but abait it would need to be at a much higher gear level then an equal group of sniper or marauders of lesser quality.

Edited by mastirkal

Few people will state that it's impossible now, Suckafish left 10,800hp on them earlier tonight. Ya don't get me started on that. There is no room for error, and the dps have to outstanding. I doubt this is what they had in mind. Cause there is no way I would bring in some dps into this fight, It will get nerfed, it's our goal to do it b4 the nerf, and without the gear from the other bosses.

My guild will be doing most of its attempts this Monday. We will not skip this fight. We aren't able to get together as often as the other guilds but we do feel confident after our prior attempts that the fight is doable. We will be smashing our faces against keyboard until they either die or it's nerfed. This is true progression. Any guild can kill a boss. But only a few will be able to kill the unkillable boss.

Can we quadruple the points for killing DG to make it seem more legit points wise. Give everyone there pints that skipped DG just fine.

But when those 2-3 guilds do kill DG they deserve to have their names at the very top of every list this game has.

Edited by iSeth

Few people will state that it's impossible now, Suckafish left 10,800hp on them earlier tonight. Ya don't get me started on that. There is no room for error, and the dps have to outstanding. I doubt this is what they had in mind. Cause there is no way I would bring in some dps into this fight, It will get nerfed, it's our goal to do it b4 the nerf, and without the gear from the other bosses.

try swapping out the 2nd tank for a marauder!

I can't believe no one posted this yet for the guilds that are still doing attempts on DG but here we go...

apologies for the poor quality but this was the only one I could find that had the actual video with the song.

Oh and suckafish Ill turn on your stream tonight to watch I fully expect this song to be played on loop while you do this:P

Edited by Ansalem

Oh my favorite episode, how thoughtful of you. Thanks man, wish it would of gotten to the part with the sword of a 1000 truths. It's nice motivation, for people who don't give up at the first site of trouble. Thanks for the video man, I enjoyed it

Can we quadruple the points for killing DG to make it seem more legit points wise. Give everyone there pints that skipped DG just fine.

But when those 2-3 guilds do kill DG they deserve to have their names at the very top of every list this game has.

LOL! Yes! i like that idea of quadrupled points.

I can't believe no one posted this yet for the guilds that are still doing attempts on DG but here we go...

apologies for the poor quality but this was the only one I could find that had the actual video with the song.

Oh and suckafish Ill turn on your stream tonight to watch I fully expect this song to be played on loop while you do this:P

ROFL! Oh i can't wait to down these mofos

I think it warrants an official title: "Like a Boss":cool:

Sadly, this is a title I shall only be able to wear in real life since there's no way I'm getting NiM DG down pre-nerf.