seeker droid dig sites

shadowwhisp

do these sites ever deplete? ive been at one on alderann for over an hour and a half digging up stuff. its nice but i want to go finish up my missions but cant bc im drawn to these places hopeing to find cool stuff. so do they deplete or am i going to have to drag my sorry butt away from these addition holes?

Ive found a few random places on planets that i think may have speeder parts made a mental note cause i spent ages and noticed new ones were spawning beside where i had scanned prior. I think what you get from the pull is pure RNG with some variables that affect it. (Seed quest great example as some took 1 try some took 50 tries >.> )

If you use the triangular enhancers it makes life a lot easier. I've come across about 5 and I cant help myself but to stay and search for treasure haha. What happens is there is a super-rare somewhere in that area, as soon as you find it, it will say "<character name> has found the buried treasure" and then the area will be depleted and your seeker droid will no longer find anything interesting in the area. During the search you can find many greens and blues, but those are not treasure, just junk to fill up your inventory. So far I have gotten a Secured Crate (purple) with 5 daily comms in it, and 4 purple 28 enhancements.

The only ones I have seen so far are the ones on the quest. And on Tatooine, the wreck nearby also comes up as dig-able. But, as soon as I find the seed, the droid deactivates. So haven't dug anywhere else.

I saw a guy digging in an area of Makeb at one point, but I didn't have my droid yet so haven't checked it out.

I have found areas on Tattoine, Hoth, and Makeb, i've searched on Tython and have found no dig sites. I think i'm going to search other planets and see if I can find any. Also each site on Makeb is exclusive to that instance, so if you find the "buried treasure" on on instance, switch to another and you can use the same area to find another treasure.

• 2 months later...
I found a good dig site on Tattooine in the den, I found a good farm spot but I am not sure if I am limiting myself to finding the super rare, does anyone know if it is in a specific spot or just a very low likelihood of being found everywhere in the dig site?

What I noticed from the diggings is that there is always a rare piece within the area that your seeker droid alerts you, as mentioned before.

Whenever your seeker droid notices something, search that area. Doesnt necessarily mean that the first spot you will find "something interesting". Following the green arrows can lead you to green item. If your droid says that he found "something interesting" and he brings you a green or blue item, move away from that region, go look for another digging spot within the area that your droid can scan. There are several digging spot in same area. U just need to be lucky or literally work for it. I was lucky a few times and got speeder parts and star forager set pieces. All in makeb.