Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Hexid

Dbohrius
11.03.2017 , 05:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I don't do group flashpoints and Ops. Period. It's too overwhelming, too much sensory input and too much happening onscreen at once. I do not like talking to strangers in the game even if there's a friend there. Plus my connection is slow. They could offer me a personal chapter with Lana and it would not compel me to group for a flashpoint.
Um... couldn't you ask a real life friend to come over to your house and play three WZs for you? Yeah, long shot, I know, but...
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!

SteveTheCynic
11.03.2017 , 05:40 AM | #22
If it were three solo FPs I'd do it. I do NOT do group FPs and I would uninstall the game before doing PvP. So it doesn't matter if it would take 5 minutes, I will not participate. Forcing people to group and play with strangers to get a subscriber reward is distasteful IMHO.
But it's not a subscriber reward.

Just(1) like Master Ranos, the thing you must do is an in-game participation thing. It's a reward for participating in the game.

(1) I use the term loosely. Getting Master Ranos involved a great deal more than three group flashpoints or three warzones:
* Get a DvL character to level 25. (Heroic level)
* Get a DvL character to level 50 and do three story-mode flashpoints. (Legacy level)
* Complete the Shadow of Revan story on a DvL character. (Valiant level)
* Complete chapters I to IX of KotFE. (Valiant level)
* Complete the introductory stronghold mission from the holostatue on a DvL character. (Valiant level)
* Complete KotFE up to Chapter XVI on a DvL character. (Champion level)
* Complete five KotFE Alliance Alerts on a DvL character. (Champion level)
* Complete ALL tactical ("Veteran" these days) flashpoints except Black Talon and The Esseles on as many DvL characters as needed. (Champion level)
* Complete enough Warzones to get a DvL character to Valor 5. (Champion level) (Two Warzones was enough.)
* Get a Republic DvL character to level 65. (Eternal level)
* Get an Empire DvL character to level 65. (Eternal level)
* Complete round 5 of the Eternal Championship on a DvL character. (Eternal level)

Compare that to Darth Hexid:
* EITHER complete three group flashpoints
* OR complete three warzones.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

IoNonSoEVero
11.03.2017 , 06:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dbohrius View Post
Um... couldn't you ask a real life friend to come over to your house and play three WZs for you? Yeah, long shot, I know, but...
My RL friends who live close by are decidedly not gamers, so that would be a very weird request for them...the RL friends I have who play SWTOR are elsewhere (which is actually how I ended up on a server that is nowhere near where I live - it's their server). Plus I don't want my character anywhere near PvP.

IoNonSoEVero
11.03.2017 , 06:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
As far as I see you don't have to win 3 pvp matches - just play them. I guess you can even be semi afk and watch some youtube video while doing it.
I don't play PvP and I don't want to be anywhere around it. I will not put my character in PvP. I'd halfway considered just entering a match and walking away to the next room or something and coming back when they were dead, but I don't think that would really be fair to the other player who queued up and waited for however long the queue was to actually play.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter - EA/BW set the terms, and they are what they are, and some of us do not wish to participate. I do think that it's a shame they've chosen to exclude solo players this way, and it's a bummer to miss out on Darth Hexid, but it is what it is.

Dbohrius
11.03.2017 , 07:02 AM | #25
Well, I'd be happy to help you out. I just don't know how.

Qouivandes
11.03.2017 , 07:10 AM | #26
if you let me know what server you are going to be on I would be happy to level up a quick character and go through three flash points with you (if youre not on star forge). we dont have to talk or even acknowledge each other outside of accepting the group invite. only caveat is that sometimes my ability to get online is spotty (havnt been able to log on all week), but im sure we could work something out.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

Eshvara
11.03.2017 , 07:12 AM | #27
I don't play PvP and I don't want to be anywhere around it. I will not put my character in PvP. I'd halfway considered just entering a match and walking away to the next room or something and coming back when they were dead, but I don't think that would really be fair to the other player who queued up and waited for however long the queue was to actually play.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter - EA/BW set the terms, and they are what they are, and some of us do not wish to participate. I do think that it's a shame they've chosen to exclude solo players this way, and it's a bummer to miss out on Darth Hexid, but it is what it is.
Quote: Originally Posted by Qouivandes View Post
if you let me know what server you are going to be on I would be happy to level up a quick character and go through three flash points with you (if youre not on star forge). we dont have to talk or even acknowledge each other outside of accepting the group invite. only caveat is that sometimes my ability to get online is spotty (havnt been able to log on all week), but im sure we could work something out.
Agreed, I can help out too! Although I live in Scotland, I wouldn't mind helping out on the N/A server. 90 ms isn't so bad
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Dbohrius
11.03.2017 , 07:16 AM | #28
There you have it! Name your server and we'll work some way to help you.

Eshvara
11.03.2017 , 07:24 AM | #29
Exactly! Let's help IonoNsoeVero get Darth Hexid!!!!

Autobots Assemble!!

Spoiler

#Arcannite
For The Empire

Quraswren
11.03.2017 , 07:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
The length of time it takes could probably be measured in nanoseconds. In fact, I fully expect to see threads asking for extensions or "second chances" before the event even ends.
This is my bet. ^

SOmeone has to suddenly work for the next month straight and can't get logged in or we'll have to hear how someone lost their internet or PC and can't do anything to get in and get it and it will happen before the event even ends.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends