Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

Well done Bioware.

Well done overlooking PvPers yet again. Black hole comms = not a reward for me.

What would have been nice is some ranked comms being all of us on origin servers got held back by no queues while the destination server population is in all war hero sets now because...you know....they actually got to play the game all this time.

At least you are consistent??

its a bit funny that even when Bioware gives away free stuff there are still players complaining...

sry no its not funny... its just sad really...

Edited by crazyplaya

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's wonderful for you! I only wish you saying it made it true. There can be 50 instances of a planet, but if each instance has 20-30 people on it all trying to do the same thing, you have competition (just an example... put down the pitchforks folks).

Thanks for the quote mine. Did you not notice the 2nd sentence.

I have just finished getting mu trooper from 35-50 on Nightmare Lands which is Heavy/Full and I never had such problems.

Even on a full server playing at prime times I have not experienced any significant level of competition while leveling. Only in the Black Hole (chests) and Belasavis (Ratataki leaders) do you experience this, and even then its not that bad, 5-10 more mins and its done.

Very occasionally you might have to wait for a gold mob to respawn but that is not even a daily occurence. Craft material gathering is still easy to do as well.

Only in the Black Hole (chests) and Belasavis (Ratataki leaders) do you experience this, and even then its not that bad, 5-10 more mins and its done.

Incorrect.

Very occasionally you might have to wait for a gold mob to respawn but that is not even a daily occurence.

Also incorrect.

If only saying it made it true. I think the problem is you are not speaking for yourself. You use words like "you" which means you are speaking for me or people in general. Unfortunately, you can neither speak for me nor people in general because you are not me or people in general. You are you. Speak for yourself and you are probably correct.

And you're welcome.

Edited by InnerPieces

I've read through most of the posts in the thread, but I didn't see anything stating if the pet/bh comms were just for the characters transferred or for all characters on the account.

I am currently on a PvP server (not really by choice as mutli-game guild I was in went to it) and I don't want to move to a severely over-populated PvP server (prefer either PvE or RP), but will move a couple if the rewards are account wide rather than character specific.

I've read through most of the posts in the thread, but I didn't see anything stating if the pet/bh comms were just for the characters transferred or for all characters on the account.

Great question! I've been asking the same thing myself. I'll make a deal with you... if you get the answer before I do, let me know. Likewise if I find out the same. ;)

I assume it's just for the characters on the server since it is an incentive ("reward" as they call it) for transferring characters, but assumptions aren't good enough anymore.

Edited by InnerPieces

I agree - seems pretty clear that every character on the listed servers gets the reward if the conditions are met on the date they said e.g. account not banned.

Mine were all native to the server - no transfers. Just for the heck of it I created a few on an origin server so that they can transfer to the server my other characters are on before the deadline. It makes sense to fill all slots so that they get the BH comms unless one is sure that one will never want any more characters. Those last 2 will play on an empty server until the end - no legacy bonuses but harvesting nodes with no competition is a plus.

Incorrect.

Also incorrect.

If only saying it made it true. I think the problem is you are not speaking for yourself. You use words like "you" which means you are speaking for me or people in general. Unfortunately, you can neither speak for me nor people in general because you are not me or people in general. You are you. Speak for yourself and you are probably correct.

And you're welcome.

No, the use of "you" does not mean that I am speaking for you. It means I am describing the situation you would encounter if you were me.

As incorrect semantics is all you have I doubt there is any need to carry on discussing anything with you as you will just dig yourself deeper in a hole (as you did the last time we conversed). The situation on Nightmare Lands is not as was described by the poster I responded to. Did the dailies again today on 2 toons, not a single instance of kill stealing or ninja looting and no significant waiting for things to repop with 40+ people showing.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

If you click "Read More" on Courtney Woods' post, it states "we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear. Visit http://www.swtor.com/transfer for a list of qualifying servers." Can't really get much clearer.

Okay, it may be clear to you, but it is not to me. I understand what the destination servers are (in my case it would be Prophecy of the Five, which I want to avoid completely), and my current server is Helm of Graush. I can not tell via the website if this is a qualifying server or not for the rewards as it is where all my characters and current guild resides (no members have jumped ship to the destination server as we are waiting for PvP to PvE transfers to be possible).

• 3 weeks later...
What about characters that we can't move because we have no more slots on the destination server? Doesn't seem fair that those characters won't get the reward when we have no way to move them before the deadline. Edited by Johov
Clarify what I was saying

Well I transferred all my characters today before the deadline. Luckily I had some names reserved on a pve destination server, my pvp character names have all been ****ed though. And I still can't understand why I cannot consolidate my pvp/pve chars on one server.

Also why are certain EU servers which are not destination servers not locked ? Legions of Lettow is one of them and still allows new character creation.

Edited by HammersteinSW

What about characters that we can't move because we have no more slots on the destination server? Doesn't seem fair that those characters won't get the reward when we have no way to move them before the deadline.

They haven't said. (Or, at least I haven't seen anything about it.)

Given the deadline is sometime tomorrow, I am guessing we won't know until after the deadline. If even then.

Okay, it may be clear to you, but it is not to me. I understand what the destination servers are (in my case it would be Prophecy of the Five, which I want to avoid completely), and my current server is Helm of Graush. I can not tell via the website if this is a qualifying server or not for the rewards as it is where all my characters and current guild resides (no members have jumped ship to the destination server as we are waiting for PvP to PvE transfers to be possible).

Scroll down to "Servers Qualified for Rewards". All characters on one of those servers (which are all Destination Servers) by the end of the day will get the rewards on August 7. Characters remaining on Origin Servers don't get the rewards.

Apparently, there's also a caveat, that was only included in messages sent to individual characters via in-game mail, that you have to be at least level 10 to be eligible for the rewards. That seems odd to me, though, as it was only sent to characters who hadn't transferred yet, so AFAIK, it's largely unknown by players who are already on the Destination servers (including everyone who transferred when it was first available). Oops.

Edited by MadBlue

What about characters that we can't move because we have no more slots on the destination server? Doesn't seem fair that those characters won't get the reward when we have no way to move them before the deadline.

They haven't said. (Or, at least I haven't seen anything about it.)

Given the deadline is sometime tomorrow, I am guessing we won't know until after the deadline. If even then.

Since we are about one hour and ten minutes away from the deadline, I'm going to go out on a limb and say if we ever hear what happens to the characters that can't move because the Destination Server is full - it will be well after the deadline. :-(

Since we are about one hour and ten minutes away from the deadline, I'm going to go out on a limb and say if we ever hear what happens to the characters that can't move because the Destination Server is full - it will be well after the deadline. :-(

Most likely unfortunately. I sure am enjoying this quality of service.

It boggles my mind that Bioware couldn't see that some players would have more characters than their assigned destination servers could absorb. The fact that they didn't have additional destination servers or up the character slots was incredibly shortsighted on their part.

Edited by Catsmeat

Well. we are well over 12 hours since the deadline.

What about the characters that can't be transferred due to the Destination Server not having enough character slots?

*still hoping for answers*

Because of the lack of info, I gave up and deleted my 3 lowest level characters on The Progenitor *sad face* and moved my 3 level 50s over from Trask Ulgo. At least I know where they are and what's happened to them and will be able to carry on playing them. I still have chars on Trask, no idea what will happen to them or where they'll end up.

Just to be clear - you can still transfer your characters for free, just like before, even though the Rewards deadline has passed. The new UI seems to be ready for a more flexible choice of destinations some day, but for now only your designated destination server is shown as available. Some time next week, the Rewards are supposed to show up in your destination server characters (level 10 or above). So if you missed your chance for thirty pieces of silver, but you still crave mailbox jumping speeders and Jedi named Smexymoves, visit the transfer page today. Edited by Karquile

Just to be clear - you can still transfer your characters for free, just like before, even though the Rewards deadline has passed. The new UI seems to be ready for a more flexible choice of destinations some day, but for now only your designated destination server is shown as available. Some time next week, the Rewards are supposed to show up in your destination server characters (level 10 or above). So if you missed your chance for thirty pieces of silver, but you still crave mailbox jumping speeders and Jedi named Smexymoves, visit the transfer page today.

Doesn't help me or others in my situation with a full destination server at all. We are still stuck in limbo. :(

Doesn't help me or others in my situation with a full destination server at all. We are still stuck in limbo. :(

Indeed it does not - it neither improves nor worsens the situation for full-destination players, except insofar as the new UI suggests that you may someday be able to choose another destination.

Indeed it does not - it neither improves nor worsens the situation for full-destination players, except insofar as the new UI suggests that you may someday be able to choose another destination.

Well... There is the fact that those characters stuck in limbo can not gain the rewards. That might worsen the situation some.