Thank You For Giving Us a Chance to get Darth Hexid

DarthEnrique

I won't demand anything. I don't think gating a companion or a mount is the same as gating story content. But I do have the right to say I think it stinks that they are letting solo players know, one more time, that they don't matter anymore.

I’m not trying to be mean but you are aware this is an MMO? So them focusing on group content really shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Edited by DarthEnrique

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not trying to be mean but you are aware this is an MMO? So them focusing on group content really shouldn’t come as a surprise.

While I agree it is a MMO and group content is important, it is not always the best policy to have someone use group pickup for group activities due to the problems you have with group pickups.

I do group activities but refuse to deal with the headaches of group pickups. 9 times out of 10 I get people who (1) don't have the basic gear for the flashpoint (they are still in the gear they got at level 1) (2) Scream at everyone and blame everyone else for something they do (3) Run ahead of the group and then scream at me for not healing them when they went ahead of the group. (4) You get flashpoints that most don't want to do because they don't have the right gear or someone in the group doesn't or someone doesn't like that particular flashpoint.

Edited by casirabit

While I agree it is a MMO and group content is important, it is not always the best policy to have someone use group pickup for group activities due to the problems you have with group pickups.

I do group activities but refuse to deal with the headaches of group pickups. 9 times out of 10 I get people who (1) don't have the basic gear for the flashpoint (they are still in the gear they got at level 1) (2) Scream at everyone and blame everyone else for something they do (3) Run ahead of the group and then scream at me for not healing them when they went ahead of the group. (4) You get flashpoints that most don't want to do because they don't have the right gear or someone in the group doesn't or someone doesn't like that particular flashpoint.

I get that but I don’t see anywhere where it says that you don’t have to be grouped with friends or guildies to do a random flashpoint or PVP to get the companion, I am pretty sure based on this alone

Plus, unlock the new ‘United Forces Group Recon’ achievement when you complete three PvE Group Finder activities and get the new ‘United Forces Warzone Recon’ achievement when you complete three PvP matches through Group Finder!

that you don’t have to queue solo, achievements aren’t locked in that way and I’m sure these achievements are what’s going to help Bioware see who completed this and who didn’t, similar to the idea of the Dark Vs. Light Event, so I’m not worried about it, me and my best friend have already planned on working on this together, we aren’t locked out of getting achievements just cause you’re grouped. ;)

Edited by DarthEnrique

Kinda funny that Master Ranos "won" the DvL event, but will only be available to people who attained the correct level, whereas Darth Hexid will be available to anyone who just logs in.

(Can't wait for the threads asking for "Sexy Hexy" to be released to everyone in a few months time)

EDIT: Just noticed the "3 PvE/PvP" clause for Hexid, but that's still not much effort, really

I am waiting for threads like -> Thanks for Hexid <3 <3 <3 The love thread. Haters make your own lol

Edited by RevorteX

I'm pretty sure I remember back than gamers calling it this way.

We would eventually have a way to get the other companion no matter who won or lost the DVL event.

Turn out they were right after all.

I think that in this case it makes sense that they made this decision. They made the companion already, so it's there and it would be wasted to not add her to the game. And no one is negatively impacted by it. Everyone who won Ranos can now get Hexid. This cannot be considered negatively. And players who didn't get Ranos back then can also get Hexid now. I don't see any issue with that.

I am waiting for threads like -> Thanks for Hexid <3 <3 <3 The love thread. Haters make your own lol

If they give her a personality and a back story and fun side quests with her, then sure, I'd expect that. I hope they do.

I hope there is a meter or achievement progress bar or status we can look at to make sure we've met the requirements.

I generally don't like to pug group finder for all of the reasons you'd imagine, but if I'm doing a fp just to do it and not get something specific from it, then I'm not going to be TOO worried if I get put with 3 random fellow idiots. We'll make it through to the end, somehow, eventually. :D

And 3 pvp matches? I can just run around in circles and watch an episode of Parks and Rec and be done! lol I won't though, I'm too competitive.

Well, I'm a bit surprised that the requirement to get a Sith companion is so much lower than getting a Jedi companion ... Meanwhile Jedi [companions] remain few, Sith wiill soon be in millions ...

Being Sith/Jedi has nothing to do with how hard they were/are to get.

Darth Hexid could have easily won the DvL event (it was really close, like 52% or so) and then Ranos would be the one being offered later for *far* less effort just like Hexid is now so I'm not sure your reasoning here.

Also, I'm totally fine with this, Ranos was awarded for doing certain things and Hexid was never stated as being forever unavailable so doing this now is great... except that I'm sure people who get Hexid and then hear about Ranos will be crying that they should also get Ranos cuz of <reasons> and then *that* I would have an issue with.

There is nothing they can offer in the game that can compel me to do PvP or group. So I will be skipping her but it is too bad they are excluding solo players.

But I do have the right to say I think it stinks that they are letting solo players know, one more time, that they don't matter anymore.

You mean 25 chapters and 2 years of PURE solo play and solo story is excluding solo players? Unreal.

O_o

Just gonna make a note of that for when you come back demanding the companion be released for everyone cause you didn't want to do what was required

Can I get a fax copy of that note?

I just think they want to give people incentive to do things together. I at least think that's nice. :) But I generally almost always play alone.

Totally. Try and get people involved in more of the game and maybe if they played more they wouldn't be so bored (apparently) and angry (yep). There's so much more to do than just stand on fleet spamming "LF 1T 2D 1H GF".

Man, I loved DvL, especially playing classes (I'd already played them all) I hadn't done the stories for in years and re-discovering how great Vanilla SWTOR was.

Totally. Try and get people involved in more of the game and maybe if they played more they wouldn't be so bored (apparently) and angry (yep). There's so much more to do than just stand on fleet spamming "LF 1T 2D 1H GF".

Man, I loved DvL, especially playing classes (I'd already played them all) I hadn't done the stories for in years and re-discovering how great Vanilla SWTOR was.

Agreed! :) I don't think I would have ever done all the class stories without DvL. I'm happy I did them in the end.

Well, I'm a bit surprised that the requirement to get a Sith companion is so much lower than getting a Jedi companion ... Meanwhile Jedi [companions] remain few, Sith wiill soon be in millions ...

If this Imperial bias that you've been clinging to for the last 6 years actually existed, the dark side would've won the DvL event and Darth Hexxid would've been the reward.

Yeah I am pretty happy about this.

I wonder if she unlocks legacy wide or only character wide? I bet it's only per character. We'll see.

Well, taken from the roadmap:

Unlock new achievements when you complete multiplayer activities using Group Finder and earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion!

If it's achievement based, then it'll be legacy wide, right? Since you can only get achievements once.

I am using this topic to suggest a Companion Dislocator Terminal. That is for those of us who do not want the 50 companions we already have we can send them off to wherever they went pre-Knights Of The Eternal Chapters.

Companion Relocator Terminal can be used to retrieve them. Could be used as a credit sink by resetting the companion's zero influence upon re-retrieval.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Well, taken from the roadmap:

Unlock new achievements when you complete multiplayer activities using Group Finder and earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion!

If it's achievement based, then it'll be legacy wide, right? Since you can only get achievements once.

Uh, well, see, honestly...you are probably right. But I've never cared enough about achievements to know. Heh. Been playing this game since beta testing and...I actually don't know anything about achievements.

Anyway, I had one other thing to add. Since this is a thank-you thread, even though my thank-you is totally unrelated to companions.

Thank you for adding those little terminals to my strongholds so that I can view the cinematic any time I want to. Those are really freaking cool--I love them.

Oh I agree the event was not well done or thought out at all. Come November 8th I’m doing whatever it takes to get Darth Hexid.

Pretty sure that won’t take much... lol... 3 pve and 3 pvp missions that you can do in an hour

Earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion when you complete three PvE or three PvP missions through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!

Yes, Darth Hexid is Legacy-wide, so all of your characters will receive the companion.

-Keith--

this is why our law books are so vast:

So you are saying that only ONE character in your legacy has to complete the tasks required to get the companion and ALL your characters in your legacy from that point going forward will get a mail with the companion token? Including NEW characters created months from now as well as current characters part of that legacy?

I will most likely do the requirements on all toons as they are not a burden, but would be nice to know in case i dont get that opportunity for all of them.

Yes, Darth Hexid is Legacy-wide, so all of your characters will receive the companion.

-Keith--

Can you tell us how that's going to look like? If past companions are anything to go buy, will characters who are in KOTFE/KOTET get an alert, as well as a token via mail to summon her without the alert?

Edited by BenKatarn