Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amplifiers for tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Amplifiers for tanks?

ThatGuyToo
11.02.2019 , 12:56 PM | #1
Have the theorycrafters like @dipstik formulated a good layout for amor and hilt/barrel for tanks? I realize optimal would vary by operations but there could also be a good average build concerning these new options.

RikuvonDrake
11.02.2019 , 02:47 PM | #2
Aural Resistance

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

swiftrav
11.02.2019 , 03:35 PM | #3
From what I've ready on the theroycraft discord it look like for tactical it weapon penetration to help with dps. As far as armor goes I would say any resist that help with tech and force DR or keep stacking weapon pen.

ThatGuyToo
11.02.2019 , 05:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by swiftrav View Post
From what I've ready on the theroycraft discord it look like for tactical it weapon penetration to help with dps. As far as armor goes I would say any resist that help with tech and force DR or keep stacking weapon pen.
Thank you

phalczen
11.03.2019 , 06:34 PM | #5
Aural Resistance - Reduces the damage taken from attacks that affect an area.
Force Protection - Reduces the damage taken from Force attacks.
Fortuitous Redoubt - Deflecting, dodging, or parrying an attack generates a redoubt to absorb a percentage of incoming damage for five seconds.
Periodic Resilience - Reduces the damage taken from periodic effects.
Reinforced Armor - Reduces the damage taken from weapon attacks.
Shield Reflection - Reflects a percentage of shielded damage back at the attacker.
Tech Aegis - Reduces the damage taken from tech attacks.
Weapon Expertise - Increases the damage dealt by weapon attacks.

I could see these all being useful. However, they are from the primary set and only come on Armorings/Hilts/Barrels.
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20191022-1
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

ThatGuyToo
11.04.2019 , 04:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Aural Resistance - Reduces the damage taken from attacks that affect an area.
Force Protection - Reduces the damage taken from Force attacks.
Fortuitous Redoubt - Deflecting, dodging, or parrying an attack generates a redoubt to absorb a percentage of incoming damage for five seconds.
Periodic Resilience - Reduces the damage taken from periodic effects.
Reinforced Armor - Reduces the damage taken from weapon attacks.
Shield Reflection - Reflects a percentage of shielded damage back at the attacker.
Tech Aegis - Reduces the damage taken from tech attacks.
Weapon Expertise - Increases the damage dealt by weapon attacks.

I could see these all being useful. However, they are from the primary set and only come on Armorings/Hilts/Barrels.
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20191022-1
I suppose I was not clear in my request since I am aware of what amplifiers exist. The purpose was to get an idea of what worked better for tanks, not a complete list of what could possibly work for tanks. But thx.

VoW_LugNut
11.05.2019 , 06:45 AM | #7
All my available armoring amps on my sin tank are set to either +.45 or .5% Fortuitous Redoubt. It's been working well for me so far.
Washed up ex-NiM raider
Lugnut/Freddie'Mercury/Qudur

ThatGuyToo
12.05.2019 , 03:17 PM | #8
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=567879846

I found the link above in a thread asking about amplifiers for a DPS class. The spreadsheet looks at each spec for each class including tanking to find the amplifier type that would provide the most benefit for each build. We can even see the attack type and damage type for each damage skil.

So it would seem the answer to my question above is Armor pen.