Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It’s time to make HK-55 and Chapter 10 available for subs??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
It’s time to make HK-55 and Chapter 10 available for subs??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BRKMSN
05.18.2019 , 08:24 PM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
But I'm going to abandon the crusade on this -- the passions are too strong. And if my efforts were unhelpful (regardless of my intent), it's a failure anyway...
Keep this thought in mind:

I often get a kick out of how hostile people's reactions can be to my replies in their topics simply because I disagree. It never seems to occur to them that a discussion (or debate) keeps the thread alive and keeps it on the first page where it gets more attention and notice.

In other words, participation isn't failure and even when not appreciated, it can be very helpful. Passions ARE strong these days.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

juliushorst
05.18.2019 , 09:08 PM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
It never seems to occur to them that a discussion (or debate) keeps the thread alive and keeps it on the first page where it gets more attention and notice.
True, but then again it's pretty much repeating the same arguments, sometimes with different wording. Two attempts at gathering some numeric data by polls failed with more people debating methodology than actually answering.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

TrixxieTriss
05.18.2019 , 11:06 PM | #573
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
Two attempts at gathering some numeric data by polls failed with more people debating methodology than actually answering.
Which is sad. It takes the conversation of topic for the sake of arguing semantics.

robertthebard
05.19.2019 , 09:32 AM | #574
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Which is sad. It takes the conversation of topic for the sake of arguing semantics.
"BioWare needs to ignore this feedback because it's "generic"" isn't semantics though. It's "these arguments are inconvenient, and should be ignored". Why someone would be against this is every bit as important to BW as the fact that they are, or they wouldn't have asked for the feedback.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Gilrenna
05.19.2019 , 01:55 PM | #575
Most players that want to experience this content don't do so out of a sense of entitlement. They just want to enjoy the story. It's story content they haven't seen before, and they like the content they have seen, so it's natural to want to get new stories they haven't seen. Content is made to be enjoyed and consumed by players, after all. The developers' time spent creating it is best served by letting as many players as possible being able to appreciate it, especially now that it's original intent has been served. Releasing this to newer players doesn't take anything away from the older players, so there's really no downside.

TrixxieTriss
05.19.2019 , 08:03 PM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
"BioWare needs to ignore this feedback because it's "generic"" isn't semantics though. It's "these arguments are inconvenient, and should be ignored". Why someone would be against this is every bit as important to BW as the fact that they are, or they wouldn't have asked for the feedback.
You will notice if you read all of my posts I have never said anything close to what you’ve just said or that people’s opinions don’t matter about the chapter or wether Bioware should or shouldn’t ignore people’s feed back if they disagree with the OP.
All I have done is try to keep the conversation on topic and asked people to not derail the thread by arguing for arguments sake, which is what 60% of the thread has turned into.
Anyway. I just want to reply so that people didn’t think I was being misrepresented or linked to the “inverted commas” quotes in your post.
I think everyone’s opinion is valid on wether the chapters and rewards should be offered again. But beating a dead horse over and over and over to argue, isn’t productive feedback IMO.

Monoth
Yesterday , 03:44 AM | #577
I've been a sub since the game came out, even though I've taken several months off here and there I always kept my sub active except for a few months where I didn't think I was going to play again but ended up coming back... anyways as a long time subscriber I have no issues with making the HK-55 story as a premium price item on the Cartel Market, it can help bring in money so the Dev's can keep producing content... Subscribers had an exclusive on it for a few years that should be good enough IMO...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

robertthebard
Yesterday , 08:51 AM | #578
You will notice if you read all of my posts I have never said anything close to what you’ve just said or that people’s opinions don’t matter about the chapter or wether Bioware should or shouldn’t ignore people’s feed back if they disagree with the OP.
All I have done is try to keep the conversation on topic and asked people to not derail the thread by arguing for arguments sake, which is what 60% of the thread has turned into.
Anyway. I just want to reply so that people didn’t think I was being misrepresented or linked to the “inverted commas” quotes in your post.
I think everyone’s opinion is valid on wether the chapters and rewards should be offered again. But beating a dead horse over and over and over to argue, isn’t productive feedback IMO.
Nor did I say you did, however, one of the "polls" did. I commented to you about the semantics debate, of which the post you were replying to had nothing to do with, and listed that as to why I disagree about "arguing semantics".
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Jadescythe
Yesterday , 03:52 PM | #579
I don't personally think that it's up to you to decide what is or isn't on topic to the conversation. If anything, your posts along this line have brought us further off topic. If BW saw a problem with the direction of the thread then they could easily remove some comments or post themselves requesting players post specific feedback.

All of the debate between parties has been about the question of bringing the rewards back again and, if they do return, how BW should do it. Some of those debates lead to dissection of points and counter points that are extremely significant to why someone feels the way they do about any course of action. I respect that many players feel differently than I do and appreciate anyone who voices their opinion or attempts to understand the opinions of others in the thread.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here