Please dont nerf any Ops and FPS bosses!!

Where I was motivated to get better, that fellow guildy has been playing far longer than I have and still refused to put the effort in to learn to be better. Harder content alone doesn't entice people to get better.

This is a completely fair point.

But it's not like this situation would improve by making harder content easier.

What is your suggestion?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should people do it? They like to raid but it's not everything to them, why should they sacrifice other interest for it? If you do that to a guild, many of them will dislike you, it's hard to step on two ships at the same time, especially if there are schedule conflict.

Why should raid require so much more than other content, when it's no longer the top fun? Especially very old raid should be opened to the majority, the elite raider had their fun for years.

why should people who can do the content on their own search for a group where they have to teach? Why should those people sacrifice their times to run with someone that has no idea what he is doing.

The fact that people still search for HM Groups with achievements proove that there are plenty of players out there to choose from, if you couldnt find people with achievements anymore, they would search for any player.

Lets be honest with yourself. Would you rather:

A: search for teammates who have done the bossfights in HM/NM before and have a high chance of succeeding.

B: search for people who havent done so just to teach the boss mechanics for the 100th time to people you have never met and fail 90% of the time.

Again, people want group members who have complete the OP because its faster, it isnt as nerve wracking and there are still enough people who meet those requirements to change things up.

grats you're the one person who enjoys Blood Hunt.

I've had root canals more fun than HM Blood Hunt, at least a dentist has the decency to numb me up before he drills in my frickin skull.

I like all of the FPS, maybe not Kaon, due to the boring phase with the turret.

This is a completely fair point.

But it's not like this situation would improve by making harder content easier.

What is your suggestion?

Actually taking the time to balance things out. It's not like they're releasing new operations anytime soon if ever again.

HM Fps should be a stepping stone before entering storymode level ops. They've nerfed some of those beyond necessity.

Now if you want certain ones to be an exception to that, the reward should be much better than say one you get for doing a czerka hm. If they reward the same, they should be about the same challenge level - if something's dramatically more challenging than the reward should reflect that.

Well sure, but that is only "a shell of its former self" they are very very busy since they only do certain things and only a few days (i think just once) per week, so thats not really what i was before when Zorz did sales 7 days a week together with other guilds.

I think Tacticals need some smoothing over

Yup the system is terrible because people can be low lvl and get Blood Hunt or any of the later FPS, they can be all DPS (which could be bad in some cases) and overall some bosses are not tunned correctly i would say and do quite big dmg.

I finished my SM fps achievments by doing the SM flashpoints solo, i couldnt bother doing tacticals, they took long and sometimes we didnt even finish. However, with the Uprisings coming i think they will leave them completely.

Legion seems to be doing rather well for WOW at the moment seen a hell of a lot of old SWTOR players over there

Not just players, whole guilds left for that game, our NGE is there and my old old guild, which was on Progenitor since proably day 1 and always was standing strong during all times with loyal core members. If that moved decided to go to WoW and that really means something. They were really dedicated to the game and stayed no matter what happened, kept on raiding every day except sunday and now they are in WoW. I did expect the raiding guilds to leave but definitely not this guild.

Its very very sad.

I find it ironic that you would post this despite you offering to pay a guild to run you through some content. If you're feeling the need to resort to paying to get you through content, it should be apparent that there is a clear lack of capable people readily available.

My case of paying for runs is a bit different. I have been in several proggresion guilds. I am definitely not the best but do belong among the better players. My problem is my RL which doesnt allow me to play when the guild does raids so i missed on some of the ops achievements, thats all.

I now was able to do the missing achievements for MaB, Cora and Monolith and i wouldnt say i was carried :) especcally on the Monolith fight, you have to keep on doing mechanics till the end and its not that easy to focus.

I think the situation might improve if they kept mechanics in the Tacticals and Solos but didn't punish you as hard for missing them. You wouldn't be able to progress if you didn't follow the mechanic, but it wouldn't hit you so hard that you couldn't take a minute to figure it out. Immediate example that comes to mind is first boss on Tython. The adds wouldn't murder you quickly but those shields wouldn't drop unless you pulled the AOE to them.

No longer would you be able to just burn through bosses while ignoring everything going on around you. Think of it like SM Ops. They're obviously easier than even some of the HM FPs but you still have to do some of the mechanics (or phase triggers) or you simply won't go further. Immediate example is Soa's shield in the third phase. If you don't get that shield down you're not gonna finish, even in SM.

I actually find it annoying that I can do a tactical, stand in AOE's, let a channeled attack go through without interrupting, and stand in conals because all it's going to do is tickle. I may LOOK like an idiot but it's actually more idiotic in these fps to stop dpsing since there's no compelling reason to stop.

I don't fault people doing HM FPs for the first time and being caught so completely and utterly off-guard by a mechanic that either doesn't exist in solo or tactical or is so badly nerfed that a nerf bat would literally hurt worse.

It also doesn't help that you can even get away with ignoring mechanics in some of the "easier" HMs. Again, it's not the player's fault that they can do 80% of the HMs without strictly following mechanics, and then they get to some of the SoR ones and the punishment for not playing optimally is so severe (and we get the SAME rewards as the easier ones???).

I think the situation might improve if they kept mechanics in the Tacticals and Solos but didn't punish you as hard for missing them. You wouldn't be able to progress if you didn't follow the mechanic, but it wouldn't hit you so hard that you couldn't take a minute to figure it out.

It would be progress if they would label FPs just as "easy for beginners" and "hard for beginners" etc. ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Think of it like SM Ops.

That is the main point, the SMs have been nerfed so hard that you can really 2-4man them now. This nergin needs to stop, the game is too easy as it is now yet people still call for specific nerfs.

People need to try harder and not go complain for nerfs when they cant beat a boss.

My case of paying for runs is a bit different. I have been in several proggresion guilds. I am definitely not the best but do belong among the better players. My problem is my RL which doesnt allow me to play when the guild does raids so i missed on some of the ops achievements, thats all.

I now was able to do the missing achievements for MaB, Cora and Monolith and i wouldnt say i was carried :) especcally on the Monolith fight, you have to keep on doing mechanics till the end and its not that easy to focus.

It wasn't a jab at skill level - most people willing to pay for runs are actually pretty competent. My point was that there are so few opportunities to get these achievements that people often have to resort to paying for outside help and hoping there are still enough players capable to do so.

It wasn't a jab at skill level - most people willing to pay for runs are actually pretty competent. My point was that there are so few opportunities to get these achievements that people often have to resort to paying for outside help and hoping there are still enough players capable to do so.

lol yes, that is my case too. I miss stuff for which you need a group but simply cant find it. However, I was able to do Gree World Bosses with pugs, but i still have to do Yavin Walker 9 times, for which you need 16 ppl, there is no way to do that now, since competent ppl are either gone or dont care since ppl done this when Yavin came out. Also i didnt do one Aratech, the one for which you need to kill NiM Pilgrim 3 times, which is also somehting NOEONE is interested in.

yes, i have to pay and i wasted hundreds of millions already on sales runs (also real money) to get stuff since there seems to be no other way due to the state of the game.

On the contrary, since everything from story chapters to new operations never given NiM are going to have story, veteran, and master tiers of challenge, it may be that many bosses will be buffed.

Buffed? Well thats no problem, just as long as it stays buffed and not that its nerfed after 2 weeks of people crying on forums.

On the contrary, since everything from story chapters to new operations never given NiM are going to have story, veteran, and master tiers of challenge, it may be that many bosses will be buffed.

My guess is that operations without NIM now won't have mastery, but I would love to be wrong. We need to wait. Then again, this is about EV/KP(who cares about NIM there? Yes, sure, achievements, but otherwise walk in the park) and Rav/ToS. While Revan is somehow an operation on its own I can see how Nim would work there, I hate Rav with burning rage. In this engine closed room combat. I hate wookies and they do this? Now I hate them twice as much :D

Edit: Damn, too fast with submitting, point is this is about 2 operations where one of them is kinda meh at best.

Edited by Deaconik