EC HM Healing Toth and Zorn

Running EC HM:

I am an Operative.

I have been having a hard time healing Zorn (the dude on the left). Oddly enough, I have an easier (not always perfect or successful, but easier) time healing Toth. Although I feel my healing is not up to par regardless of which side i heal.

One of the biggest problems I have had is that Zorn will toss these big rocks at me, causing lots of damage to me.

I don't see how i can keep my tank alive if I have to spam heals on myself to keep myself from dying!

I keep probes up on me as much as possible (b/c they are insta-cast and provide hots), but i find myself taking too much time to keep myself alive, and then the tank dies and we wipe.

Clearly, I must be doing something wrong? Thoughts?

(as an aside, I have no problem healing EC in SM...my gear is full BH/Campaign).

Lastly......I often have to cleanse my tank from that debuff (names escapes me atm). But the debuff also falls on me. I prioritize cleansing the tank....how important is it to get off the healer?

Edited by Talyndor

Running EC HM:

I have been having a hard time healing Zorn (the dude on the left). Oddly enough, I have an easier (not always perfect or successful, but easier) time healing Toth. Although I feel my healing is not up to par regardless of which side i heal.

One of the biggest problems I have had is that Zorn will toss these big rocks at me, causing lots of damage to me.

I don't see how i can keep my tank alive if I have to spam heals on myself to keep myself from dying!

I keep probes up on me as much as possible (b/c they are insta-cast and provide hots), but i find myself taking too much time to keep myself alive, and then the tank dies and we wipe.

Clearly, I must be doing something wrong? Thoughts?

(as an aside, I have no problem healing EC in SM...my gear is full BH/Campaign).

Lastly......I often have to cleanse my tank from that debuff (names escapes me atm). But the debuff also falls on me. I prioritize cleansing the tank....how important is it to get off the healer?

I heal this fight with my scoundrel alt when I am not tanking it and you are right. The rocks may be problematic if the boss positioning is not spot on and if your tank is low on HP. I am the main tank in my guild so I call the stacks on the debuff. I forgot the name as well but it stacks up. If I don't cleanse myself with resilience I call for a cleanse from the healer. 1 cleanse is sufficient for every fearful tank swap. Now if you get the second dot, which is not fearful as a healer, I think your tank needs to check his positioning. I do not recall having two dots on my scoundrel. I always get fearful because I constantly move between 30-25 m to heal the tank but other than that no second debuff.

Regarding the rocks, yes they are problematic and I always keep my hots on myself while making sure i have a dodge popped when these come at me.. With practice you will do it do not worry.

As a Scoundrel Healer who has cleared this in HM and NiM, the most important thing is to cleanse the tank. The reason being is that you can pop Dodge (or the imperial equivalent) as we have a passive attribute Lucky Dodge on the Pub side that cleanses all adverse effects when dodge is activated. So it should go cleanse tank, pop dodge...and then back to healing. Biggest thing is to keep your HoTs up on the tank you're healing and yourself. Use your aoe if melee are by the tank for the most efficient healing and, of course, always have at least 1 stack of upper hand for those "oh sh*t" moments.

But keep at it and good luck!

Sage?

I am a sawbones. I have done both sides of the fight and Zorn is defiantly the more difficult side of the fight. I normally heal the Toth side, with a Sage healer on Zorn. However, I will throw heals out to the other group when my tank is under control as often as possible. I consider the tank on my side, the rdps and both healers my responsibility. I will even run back towards Zorn to hit mDPS with emergency medpacs if the other healer falls behind because that groups healer or tank have taken too much damage.

Don’t know enough about the Sage healer to tell you what heals to use. My consular is a shadow, but bubble yourself and the tank. If the debuff you are talking about is Weakened, then get it off of tank and dps, don’t worry about getting it off yourself. If dps or tank have their own cleansed, yell out for them to cleanse themselves.

Most every fight in HM EC I will throw out dps, but not this fight. I heal and heal only here. As to the rock throwing, it is random. I don’t know your defensive cooldown, but use it here if possible. Also back up away from Zorn towards the other healer and rDPS. I don’t know your range, mine is 30m, so I never get hit by the rocks unless I carelessly moved forward when the tank or mdps got pushed back and I forgot to back up again.

Without knowing more information, can’t really advise you beyond that. However, if it seems impossible to heal that people are taking way too much damage to keep up with, then check debuffs. Chances are the group is getting fearful and attacking Zorn. No amount of healing is going to stop a wipe in that case. Your getting fearful on the other hand, is no big deal provided you are not dpsing.

The reason being is that you can pop Dodge (or the imperial equivalent) as we have a passive attribute Lucky Dodge on the Pub side that cleanses all adverse effects when dodge is activated. So it should go cleanse tank, pop dodge...and then back to healing.

This confuses me.....popping my Operative Equivalent of dodge cleanses? I need to check on that when I get online!

Is there a way to predict when the rocks will be tossed, something in chat, something on screen (other than the graphic of the rocks being tossed at my head----tyvm!), that will tell me to pop my defensive shield and Operative dodge (that lasts 3 seconds).?

This confuses me.....popping my Operative Equivalent of dodge cleanses? I need to check on that when I get online!

Is there a way to predict when the rocks will be tossed, something in chat, something on screen (other than the graphic of the rocks being tossed at my head----tyvm!), that will tell me to pop my defensive shield and Operative dodge (that lasts 3 seconds).?

The rocks come at 80% and 40%, the same time when Toth enrages. At the start of those phases the range dps need to run forward a little bit and be in range of the rocks, since more people that are in range of them less damage they will do individually.

On nim i have had the rocks hit as hard as 16k (no one was in range for them, not even the tank since he had the purple circle), and as low as 3k i think, with 4 people in range. The range dps need to run back to their original positions when they see Zorn casting bradium toss.

The rocks come at 80% and 40%, the same time when Toth enrages. At the start of those phases the range dps need to run forward a little bit and be in range of the rocks, since more people that are in range of them less damage they will do individually.

Can you get out of range of the rocks? Or is the strategy to group up ranged and healer (and tank???) to spread out damage?

Can you get out of range of the rocks? Or is the strategy to group up ranged and healer (and tank???) to spread out damage?

You want everyone on that side to be in range of the rocks to lower the damage... on hm it isnt that big of a deal if you're over gearing the place but on NIM those rocks are devastating :p